Manny’s tweet: is the ACC working hard to get us a game for this SAT?

Advertisement
Saturday afternoon was when the announcement was made about the Wake cancellation.
Pretty sure the tweets were before the announcement. I doubt Harley knew the game was going to be cancelled. Seems more likely that he was just saying he is bored and wants to get back on the field, and Manny was saying he would be soon (i.e. Monday or next Saturday).

I was with you until I saw the time stamp.

Standards for the ACC are pretty low, I guess. Are they really working hard or just doing their job? Truth is, it doesn’t matter. A game does.

Advertisement
Pretty sure the tweets were before the announcement. I doubt Harley knew the game was going to be cancelled. Seems more likely that he was just saying he is bored and wants to get back on the field, and Manny was saying he would be soon (i.e. Monday or next Saturday).

I was with you until I saw the time stamp.

I agree with you about Harley, but if you look at the timestamp on Manny’s tweet, I think it’s probable that he already knew about the Wake cancellation, because it was within 30 minutes of the twitter announcements. Logic dictates, that there was discussion among the parties involved: Miami, Wake Forest, and the ACC prior to the information being made public.

Therefore, it’s logical to assume he already knew about the cancellation when he tweeted that. Let me know if you find fault with my line of reasoning.

Soon could mean anything but you’re guessing

When it comes to playing football games, “soon“ cannot mean anything. It usually only means very specific things, because it’s limited to certain days and times and teams due to availability of teams and facilities.

I agree with you about Harley, but if you look at the timestamp on Manny’s tweet, I think it’s probable that he already knew about the Wake cancellation, because it was within 30 minutes of the twitter announcements. Logic dictates, that there was discussion among the parties involved: Miami, Wake Forest, and the ACC prior to the information being made public.

Therefore, it’s logical to assume he already knew about the cancellation when he tweeted that. Let me know if you find fault with my line of reasoning.
Another reason why I’ve stayed off twitter. Lol. “Soon” has some obvious implications. They start back to practice Mon.

Advertisement
Another reason why I’ve stayed off twitter. Lol. “Soon” has some obvious implications. They start back to practice Mon.

Yeah that could be it...Might be just a whole lot of wishful thinking on my part because I want to see them play next Saturday I don’t give a shlt who it is at this point

If you look at the ACC schedule for the next 2 weeks, the most logical solution is for UNC to move their game next Sat with WCU and play us. 12/5 was the original date to begin with. There are many more options for 12/12 being that there are only 3 games scheduled with 4 teams we will not have played with no game scheduled.
I don't want to play UNC on 12/5. That's puts us at a disadvantage of not playing for several weeks and UNC coming off their game with ND where they played well.

I'd rather play Duke this week and UNC the following week.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't want to play UNC on 12/5. That's puts us at a disadvantage of not playing for several weeks and UNC coming off their game with ND where they playes well.

I'd rather play Duke this week and UNC the following week.
Definitely isn't ideal, and I think this will happen bc Tobacco Road loves to cuck us any way possible.

Advertisement
Looking at all the games for Saturday. If I had to bet I would bet Miami plays UNC. UNC is playing a meaningless OOC game against a scrub. That’s the one that makes sense

Advertisement
Back