Manny’s coach speak non-sense

The player’s didn’t no snow with an Orange Bowl birth at stake. We were completely outschemed by a guy who INTIMATELY knows the potential for disastrous failure inherent to the Diaz defense.

They invited the line upfield, pulled multiple lineman and had those hogs running at the linebackers full seed. There was NO HOPE from the first snap because of the GAME PLAN. Tackling wasn’t the problem. They were hitting the secondary UNTOUCHED play after play. Teams that completely gave up have performed better.

That was a complete system collapse and all the rah rah bullshyt or pride in the world wasn’t going to stop a record setting travesty.

Now I am not saying Diaz had us ready to play. He absolutely did not. But that game was a failure of the structural integrity of the defense itself. Not Diaz’s speech making ability. The players knew the plan would fail going in. They were right. Even if they payed harder, it wouldn’t have mattered.
That's cute, but knowing the potential for disastrous failure inherent to the Diaz defense DID NOT include missed tackles and running backs completely trucking linebackers and DBs, sorry....having 5 yard running plays turn into 30 yard running plays included 25 yards of miss and/or quit.

Advertisement
If the defense falters again this year then Manny will be forced to fire Baker and hire a new DC. His job as HC isn't in jeopardy.
Wouldn’t surprise me if Diaz thinks this way, although I’m not convinced it’s going to work.

Some of you guys get your panties in a bunch at Manny‘s coach speak. They all do it. Some better than others. Rarely do we ever hear a HC throw players or coaches under the bus.
And you wonder why people think coaches are full of $.... You know you are never getting the honest truth. "Yes, please, just lie to me".

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back