Mandy Diaz: Coward & Liar, or Ruthless Man of Action?

Veer and shoot. Need to get someone from the art Briles tree. A spread that is run heavy and it takes shots vertically downfield. The west coast is a horizontal dink and dunk conservative offense so exactly the opposite of the aggressive offense that manny wanted.

you have a weird fetish for guys that enabled years of rape. leach's coaching tree is better anyway, and includes briles.

Advertisement
I don't trust him to pick a good OC, but we all know for a fact Penos sucks. Even if Mandy has a 10% chance of lucking into a good hire, it's still better odds than Penos ever being good.

And there are a lot of bright innovative offensive minds. You can dip into non-power 5 teams and offer a younger guy a raise and chance to be a play caller at a power 5 team. You can pluck a protege of someone at a big program like OU and give them a crack at running their own offense.

There are options.
Regardless, Manny put himself in this position by picking an OC who doesn’t run the offense that Manny spoke about nor does he scheme to our players’ skill sets. And don’t get me going on what’s happened to the defense.

What a cluster****

I don't trust him to pick a good OC, but we all know for a fact Penos sucks. Even if Mandy has a 10% chance of lucking into a good hire, it's still better odds than Penos ever being good.

And there are a lot of bright innovative offensive minds. You can dip into non-power 5 teams and offer a younger guy a raise and chance to be a play caller at a power 5 team. You can pluck a protege of someone at a big program like OU and give them a crack at running their own offense.

There are options.
The only way this could work would be if Blake gets fired and the new AD has a say in who the OC is. It can't only be Manny's decision.

Advertisement
Doesn't matter if enus is fired or walks on his own. What oc will come and work for a coach about to get fired? And do you trust Diaz to pick a good oc?
If they pay a good amount they can get some good options imo. Any OC worth a **** will see that they can dramatically improve the offense by simply being competent and hopefully there are still some good weapons to work with unless they all transfer.

I don't see any scenario where Manny axes Enos. He'll give some spiel about building and process and progress and player execution. He'll throw out some BS stats (we ran for 5.6 yard per carry on games that took place on an even numbered day where the temperature was between 70 and 90 degrees). But he won't fire Enos.

I truly believe Manny is not as dissatisfied with the offense as you'd think, and that's partly bc Enos is running exactly what Manny wants.

Advertisement
I don't see any scenario where Manny axes Enos. He'll give some spiel about building and process and progress and player execution. He'll throw out some BS stats (we ran for 5.6 yard per carry on games that took place on an even numbered day where the temperature was between 70 and 90 degrees). But he won't fire Enos.

I truly believe Manny is not as dissatisfied with the offense as you'd think, and that's partly bc Enos is running exactly what Manny wants.

That's what I'm expecting, as well.

He'll blame the player's execution and maybe spit out completion percentage or something else stupid.

I think he's going to ultimately fail here, but changing the OC might've given him a fighting chance or extended his tenure. If he sticks with Penos he's toast possibly next year.

Doesn't matter if enus is fired or walks on his own. What oc will come and work for a coach about to get fired? And do you trust Diaz to pick a good oc?

An OC that is looking to become the programs next head coach. Briles walked into a similar situation at FSU.

The Admin needs to pressure him to hire a new OC like they did to Richt. That unfortunately won’t happen and if Manny makes the hire himself it would no doubt be the wrong person.

Advertisement
I'll admit that I'm not an X's and O's guy, but as a casual observer I haven't seen anything from a playcalling perspective that's anything other than putting a wall of players in front of the defense. I see other teams running plays that spread players out, but we just keep these tight formations and slower developing plays.

Advertisement
I really like Manny and hope it works out for him, but the only way that happens is if Enos gets canned. I think he’s a solid QB developer but nothing more than that, he can’t run an offense and Manny will be making his bed if he doesn’t get rid of Enos at the end of the season

Advertisement
Back