Mallory Gone (senior bowl)

Will should have a very good NFL career as a pass catcher. Asking him to block in the NFL would hamper his productivity as it would make him much more likely to get injured.

Arroyo is a stud. The coaches think he’s the best athlete on the team. He should be a major part of the offense this year (if healthy) as he’s so fluid, reliable at catching the ball, and generates significant YACs.

Our TE room is loaded with talent. Arroyo will be a star for us this year. Cam will add a lot of value as a more traditional, in-line TE. Skinner can be an absolute terror for us if he’s split out, asserts himself & shows consistency. Riley is also very talented & should get some major burn as a pass catcher. Confident that Dawson will use them all creatively to create match-up nightmares for opponents.

Advertisement
Its gonna be interesting to see the evolution/growth of wr room this upcoming season.. Hope they ball out..

And agreed with Gattis, any time I hear anything like saving the offense/playbook.. I know we are in for some BS.. Good teams LIGHT THE SCOREBOARD REGARDLESS OF OPPONENT..
I didnt watch a lot of the USC game but checking out how Riley was using Branch from literally the first play of the game and using some really cool formations with him kinda makes you laugh when inferior offensive minds insinuate they are “holding back”

I mean sure you keep some things hidden but Dawson has said a few times a lot of these guys are still in the audition mode. Only way to figure out who will be the main guys for A&M is to push the gas against Ohio

Will should have a very good NFL career as a pass catcher. Asking him to block in the NFL would hamper his productivity as it would make him much more likely to get injured.

Arroyo is a stud. The coaches think he’s the best athlete on the team. He should be a major part of the offense this year (if healthy) as he’s so fluid, reliable at catching the ball, and generates significant YACs.

Our TE room is loaded with talent. Arroyo will be a star for us this year. Cam will add a lot of value as a more traditional, in-line TE. Skinner can be an absolute terror for us if he’s split out, asserts himself & shows consistency. Riley is also very talented & should get some major burn as a pass catcher. Confident that Dawson will use them all creatively to create match-up nightmares for opponents.
Again, Arroyo has caught 10 passes total. Skinner 9 passes. Cam caught 18.

Mallory caught 115.

potential is there...but who knows what we have with these guys...Mallory was a big loss.

I didnt watch a lot of the USC game but checking out how Riley was using Branch from literally the first play of the game and using some really cool formations with him kinda makes you laugh when inferior offensive minds insinuate they are “holding back”

I mean sure you keep some things hidden but Dawson has said a few times a lot of these guys are still in the audition mode. Only way to figure out who will be the main guys for A&M is to push the gas against Ohio
Mannnnn, dont even get me started.. There are some of us who have been screaming for UM to move to this type of offense going on 15+ YEARS (Not exaggerating) whats crazy is even though the name air raid basically has a branding issue, and fans get triggered automatically think passing 90 times a game, many of those offenses ran the ball better than us for yearsss..

But back to your post, I mentioned in the chris johnson thread, we have that same play in our playbook and Dawson ran it in spring game but used Skinner in place of where Branch was lined up. The slot blocks down and SC ran it with their QB influencing kind of a option run threat also but like you mentioned Riley lined Branch up like a H back and got him one on one..

Check 8:30 Mark and compare to Branch TD(1:14 mark):

Advertisement
Mannnnn, dont even get me started.. There are some of us who have been screaming for UM to move to this type of offense going on 15+ YEARS (Not exaggerating) whats crazy is even though the name air raid basically has a branding issue, and fans get triggered automatically think passing 90 times a game, many of those offenses ran the ball better than us for yearsss..

But back to your post, I mentioned in the chris johnson thread, we have that same play in our playbook and Dawson ran it in spring game but used Skinner in place of where Branch was lined up. The slot blocks down and SC ran it with their QB influencing kind of a option run threat also but like you mentioned Riley lined Branch up like a H back and got him one on one..

Check 8:30 Mark and compare to Branch TD(1:14 mark):

This is awesome brother thank you!

I’m ****** ready for Friday

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back