Mallory Gone (senior bowl)

Mallory will struggle in NFL I think. When he’s on he’s on but very inconsistent player. He’s either dropping catchable balls or being owned in pass protection.
He's going to be really good in the right offense.

Advertisement
No it wasn’t; tf? It was putrid this yr.
There were a lot of dudes missing blocks this year. It looked to me like they were, at times, out of position to make blocks. It was everyone. We just noticed Mallory more because of his history, and the position he plays which puts him on an island a bit.

Still, in the right O he will make a solid living.

His blocking skills make him a gigantic liability. His receiving skills would need to be stratospheric to play despite that. Can anyone honestly say that they are?
I blame that on the coaches because old school coach would’ve told him to his face if you don’t block we’re not throwing you the ball!

Advertisement
There were a lot of dudes missing blocks this year. It looked to me like they were, at times, out of position to make blocks. It was everyone. We just noticed Mallory more because of his history, and the position he plays which puts him on an island a bit.

Still, in the right O he will make a solid living.

Siiigh; no. It wasn’t.

He's got a lot of work to do, but he does have some qualities that could help him become successful in the league.
Congratulations for making the Senior Bowl. Go Canes 🏈

Do participants in the Senior Bowl get a supply of Reeses? That alone would make it worth it!
Reese’s iz dang gud but I reely like dem nokoffs ya git at da dolla stoe in Waycross. Flaver ain’t much diffurent an days only a dolla fer a bushel.

Advertisement
Siiigh; no. It wasn’t.

I'm not saying every **** one of his missed blocks. All I am saying is a lot of dudes looked like trash out there this year trying to block. Our fundamentals sucked across the board.

I'm not saying every **** one of his missed blocks. All I am saying is a lot of dudes looked like trash out there this year trying to block. Our fundamentals sucked across the board.

Did u watch the clip?

Did u watch the clip?
I don't need to watch it to know he has missed blocks. I don't need to throw up in my mouth watching it again. I just don't want to trash the guy when the staff knew his weaknesses and decided to showcase them. That's on the millionaires calling the **** game.

I don't need to watch it to know he has missed blocks. I don't need to throw up in my mouth watching it again. I just don't want to trash the guy when the staff knew his weaknesses and decided to showcase them. That's on the millionaires calling the **** game.

The last part is what we universally agree upon. As I pointed out in a couple of threads, the staff did a poor job in hiding deficiencies; Mallory’s blocking is one of them. But, he really had a solid season as a receiving TE; actually, his best season as a receiving TE. There’s a reason he’s been invited to the Senior Bowl vs. one of those other graduate bowl games. I’m not here to bash him vs. correcting the notion he improved on blocking which he didn’t. That’s OK, b/c on offense, he was the least of my worries & he improved his hands as the season went on.

Advertisement
He would do good on the bills, raiders or even cowboys. Just somewhere he doesn’t have to block as much

The last part is what we universally agree upon. As I pointed out in a couple of threads, the staff did a poor job in hiding deficiencies; Mallory’s blocking is one of them. But, he really had a solid season as a receiving TE; actually, his best season as a receiving TE. There’s a reason he’s been invited to the Senior Bowl vs. one of those other graduate bowl games. I’m not here to bash him vs. correcting the notion he improved on blocking which he didn’t. That’s OK, b/c on offense, he was the least of my worries & he improved his hands as the season went on.

Let me just say this, and then explain where it goes.

Mallory was frequently effective in downfield blocking, where he had momentum and could use his size to screen and "block" guys.

Given that...you do NOT throw the behind-the-line WR screen where you rely on Mallory coming out of his stance to engage and hold a block for several seconds...

But you MIGHT be able to run a screen to Rooster where you release the OL (AND MALLORY) downfield to set up blocks with some momentum...

Advertisement
Are you sure he wasn’t … passed over?
@WaterburyCane

Tell Lebron James GIF

Advertisement
Back