Malik Rosier UM QB and TD Machine ( WOW)

Advertisement
My favorite part of that interview is the fact that he can hold a coherent conversation regarding the quarterback position and the sport of football while also using the English language.

Nuts! He's a fast 4.56..Before he comitted I said we were hopeful of getting Kayaa , who is the second coming of P. Manning, and Malik who was a second R. Wilson..My thoughts at that time were he had a strong enough arm to give it a fifty yard chunk and fast enough to be downfield for the catch...Listen to his interview and you see leadership and inteligence..Something we've been missing..

Advertisement
Has anyone actually seen this kid live? HOw likely is he to stick? I would LOVE to have something positive to know about this kid. I just havent been too impressed with his film. With our need at QB, Im glad for all the talent we can bring in, just a bit worried that this kid doesnt seem to have gotten much love sitting in the middle of SEC country, and conversely, whats going to happen if he DOES get that love at some point? Will he stick?

An despite the obstacles he is still putting up good stats, so imagine what he could do with Miami's Athletes.

@CANE4LIFE
I was thinking a better refernce would be former UM QB Kenny Kelly who was also a very good base ball player, but needed to work on his QB technique.

Hurricane Sports Kenny Kelly Ready for Spotlight

Go Canes

Terrible comparison. Kelly was a drop back passer who ran when he had to. Rosier is a RB playing QB.

I like his swag and intelligence from the interview. Actually would have liked him to drop back and then read the defense and then take off. Most of what I saw were designed runs, but not much impromptu running. After watching Jameis Winston and Russell Wilson (i am a bucs fan), i pray that I will sometime get to root for a team with a QB that can move his legs. Adds so much to the offense, and so difficult to game plan.

As for his throwing, looked great throwing the deep well and has some real distance. I thought his accuracy and arm strength on shorter throws need work.

I wouldn't judge this guy on one game either. Most people here are used to looking at highlight films, not game tape, which this was more representative of.

Advertisement
McCray is a balla....& some think Rosier is da best QB in Bama

Who's some? Not saying its not true, just curious because he doesn't have Bama or Auburn offers.
bama and auburn both have top ten pro style qb's committed. he is not a need for them in this class.
if he gets an offer from either of them it will be very late, or if they sense they are going to lose who they have.

The key question in my mind is, was he worth taking over Alin Edouard? I have no idea what the answer to that question is.

Has anyone actually seen this kid live? HOw likely is he to stick? I would LOVE to have something positive to know about this kid. I just havent been too impressed with his film. With our need at QB, Im glad for all the talent we can bring in, just a bit worried that this kid doesnt seem to have gotten much love sitting in the middle of SEC country, and conversely, whats going to happen if he DOES get that love at some point? Will he stick?

I'm from Mobile and have seen him play several times over the past few years. He was late getting on the recruiting scene. People didn't start finding out about him until late spring...mainly because he plays on a bad team. If he were on one of the better teams in the state he would be getting a lot more love from the sec schools. Supposedly several are interested, but just haven't pulled the trigger on him.

From watching live, he doesn't necessarily want to run when he drops back. Most of his runs are on designed runs and qb draws. He'll run some on scrambles and roll out passes. Also, his o-line play is not good at all (and the defense is even worse), and everyone around here knows that. He stares down the barrel and takes some hits, but never seems to get rattled. Doesn't get real excited and doesn't get down, just even kill most of the time. He's basically been carrying that team by himself the past few seasons. He's a good passer with great touch and accuracy downfield and a strong arm. Does he have things to work on? Sure, but he's far from a project. His coaches rave about his football iq, and it shows because you see him working at the line of scrimmage a lot. People in our area know he's good, but I don't think anyone really knows how good he could be because of the lack of players around him. There are a few other good players, but not many. Surround him with good athletes and put him behind a good O-line where he can take a drop without running for his life, and he could be successful in college.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Got to say, Im kind of excited about this kid. Totally under the radar. No one really giving him a chance, or much thought, but people that have seen the kid, including our OC, rave about him and think he's the real deal. I wasnt much impressed with the film, but the film is also horrible. Whoever put that together should be shot. He does have amazing measurables though. Worst case, he can be like a Logan Thomas for us, which at worst will be great for the scout team, should keep Dorito's defense quite busy during practice. Lulz.

Advertisement
Back