Malik Rosier UM QB and TD Machine ( WOW)

Paranos

All-ACC
Malik Rosier is putting on an offensive clinic for his 2013 senior year, he has over 30 TDs thus far, a little more than half are rushing TD's.

The last week in October Rosier was the Gulf Coast High School Player of the Week after running for 217 yards, passing for 231 yards and accounting for four touchdowns in Faith's 41-33 victory over B.C. Rain HS in a Friday night game.

His Senior Year mid season highlights are impressive and show greatly improved QB mechanics.
Malik Rosier - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

Things are going to get very interesting very soon regarding his recruitment an whether he remains a canes, which I hope he does.

Go Canes

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJtuPbZZzxQ[/video]
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=vONGH55sw28[/video]

Advertisement
how is his level of competition? Doesn't seem very good and his OL seems awful.

Put me in the camp of believing this kid will never enroll here. He's in the heart of SEC country. If it looks like the kid is blowing up, we would have to fend off a frenzy from some big named SEC schools, and being a Bama kid, if they came knocking, I dont have great faith.

Im also still not totally sould on him as a QB. His running skills are obvious, but Im not blown away by his passing. His film shows a kid who just takes off running about 80% of the time. Kind of Kirby Freemanesque. That said, if he is developing nicely, and decides to stick, I am happy to bring in as much talent at QB as possible and let them compete. We need a good QB in a MAJOR way. So more the merrier.

An despite the obstacles he is still putting up good stats, so imagine what he could do with Miami's Athletes.

@CANE4LIFE
I was thinking a better refernce would be former UM QB Kenny Kelly who was also a very good base ball player, but needed to work on his QB technique.

Hurricane Sports Kenny Kelly Ready for Spotlight

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Funny you mention his running skills, CANE. I'm not blown away by his running. Not totally sold on him either.

Funny you mention his running skills, CANE. I'm not blown away by his running. Not totally sold on him either.

For a running QB his wheels arent bad, but I agree with you he's not particularly great. I honestly am not sure what Coley sees here. Maybe size? For what he does, Id rather just get Treon Harris or Winkie Flowers. I dont see how he's any better than them, except for his size.

Advertisement

For a running QB his wheels arent bad, but I agree with you he's not particularly great. I honestly am not sure what Coley sees here. Maybe size? For what he does, Id rather just get Treon Harris or Winkie Flowers. I dont see how he's any better than them, except for his size.

Rosier is 6' flat if even that.

Not bad, no. But a couple things to consider - he was chased down quite a bit in those highlights which tells me he's a 4.7 type of kid. He doesn't ahve a lot of wiggle and therefore, won't be a real threat to run in college. I'll take a read option guy ONLY if he's a real threat to run. Rosier is not, imo. As for size, Rosier is barely 6' and probably weighs right around 200.

Advertisement
That release is loooong. Did not look elusive in the second set of highlights. Actually a couple of time he could not even evade the average DEs.

I don't think he runs a 4.7. Looks more 4.9 to me.

That release is loooong. Did not look elusive in the second set of highlights. Actually a couple of time he could not even evade the average DEs.

I don't think he runs a 4.7. Looks more 4.9 to me.

Probably right on 4.9. Let's call it a 4.8. :)

Advertisement
No no no. We played that experiement before and it does not work. You can't put a QB with average speed at safety.

I agree, though, don't see him as a QB here.

Ill trust you guys on the size. I havent seen anything on the kid other than film and what has been reported. I agree he doesnt look terribly fast, but honestly, I was more concerend with his lack of pocket presence and really unimpressive passing highlights.

Advertisement
Back