Malik Rosier - Every Passing Down

Meat

Junior
[video=youtube_share;jBIbB8NEshA]https://youtu.be/jBIbB8NEshA[/video]

[video=youtube_share;k1-H8GhjqTY]https://youtu.be/k1-H8GhjqTY[/video]

For those of us who didn't get to see our new QB during the spring and summer. I'm cutting up some game footage so we have something to look at before the actual season starts.

First video is vs Clemson. Second is Duke.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I can't really judge dude on this game. Half the players quit. And Folden didn't give a **** what happened.

If it's alright with you, I'm just going to skip the Clemson game and will await the Duke cut up. Thanks for the effort though.

If it's alright with you, I'm just going to skip the Clemson game and will await the Duke cut up. Thanks for the effort though.

I feel you there. Just doing the cutup of the Clemson game was bad enough, but then I remembered that was the game that got Al Golden fired, and then I was happy again.

Advertisement
its also 2 years old...I dont think we'll get much insight from this or the duke game tbh

Had to work that game and didn't get to watch. It looked like Clemson VS Bethune. What a poor game by Rashawn Scott.

Obviously this is two years ago, vs a championship defense, his freshman year in which he didn't watch film, with ****** coaching... but I hope Rosier's come a very VERY long way from this or we're in trouble

One thing I must say... sometimes he definitely should have just went down but he looks like a tough kid. He got absolutely popped a few times in this one and never looked shell shocked

Last edited:
Advertisement
Funny offense. Our base play was 4Vert. I remember sitting in an endzone breathing in the misery. Looked like we played that game collectively drunk.

Got **** Folden Smfh.

Worst loss in school history, smh.

So many bad memories man, still too soon for me to even watch this.

Have to think rosier has gotten better since then, from the clips that have been released looks like he has improved his throwing motion. I like his scrambling ability (minus him running behind the first down line).

Advertisement
WOW, [MENTION=15255]Meat[/MENTION] thanks for sharing. Dude, I'm glad I don't remember this game. I'm glad goldy & donuts are GONE too!! Anyway, I have to admit,

Rosier looked pretty good and was focus with that Clemson Defense trying to kill him. He looks like he can take a hit because he sure took a bunch and bounced right back up. I feel good with Richts' decision if its Rosier and with re watching the game I'm pretty sure Rosier has taken a few steps forward, while working with Coach Richt and staff, it will pay dividends this year. ( hopefully )

When I say Rosier looked good, I mean he was focus and not trying to do too much with the ball. The receivers dropped a lot of passes, also.
Season is almost here and I'm even more pumped NOW because I feel we have something with this QB.

A couple of notes:

1. He appears to be pretty tough. Took a lot of hits and it didn't seem to rattle him.

2. Scott played terrible that game. Dropped 2 passes that would've been first downs and half assed tried to defend the intercepting player on the pick 6. Waters dropped a fairly tough TD catch on a nice throw to the endzone.

3. Looks like he runs well. He'll make some big plays this year on scrambles and his ability to run should provide a nice option to run out of the RPO or maybe even run run a read option package.

4. There was a video like this for the Duke game posted elsewhere and he had quite a few pretty **** good throws in it.

Advertisement
I watched. I can only do that because this was a lose-the-game, save-the-program moment in our history. Makes it a smoother pill to swallow.

My thoughts:

* He had some happy feet, but he also climbed the pocket, and shifted side-to-side to avoid pressure, some pocket awareness. A nice change of pace for us.
* He can really chuck it. He had a couple of beautiful deep balls in there. But a handful of passes either sailed, died, or were just inside/outside. Which is really net-positive news because he's got the physical tools, and it's fair to assume his accuracy has improved.
* I predict a slightly above-average number of batted balls this year.

I'm excited. Rosier has the moxie, he's got the arm, hopefully he's improved his focus, accuracy, consistency. I'm cautiously optimistic, and that's after watching amateur hour there. Give me all of the Duke passes!

Whole team looked bad in the film. Rosier did look solid in the duke game. We will see what happens

Loss was bad but the closing of the OB vs Virginia with Radio looking lost was bad. 1a and 1b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back