Malik Henry kicked out of IMG

Sounds like the want a be elite here in Tampa. They all want their sons gifted the position and they run to another school when they are told no or to play on better teams. With the exception of Aaron Murray they all have been second rate in college, Plant's QB's, Armwood QB's and Jesuit's QB's. Kids who are unaccustomed to their parents creating an advantage for them, don't feel entitled and are accepting to challenges. Ultimately at some point in their sporting career they will have to compete with better athletes and there will be nothing daddy can do to help you, like in college.

Advertisement
Here is the statement released by Malik....

My family and I decided that I should attend IMG and that it would be the best thing for me. Things changed while I was there and I didn’t handle the change well. After conversations with my parents and the coaching staff at IMG it was agreed that it was best for both parties for me not to return to IMG…I will miss my friends there and I have nothing negative to say about IMG or the coaching staff.. I wish them all the best and I am certain they will CONTINUE to do good things there at IMG,,, I will now concentrate on the Nike Elite 11 this weekend and preparing myself to graduate next year...my parents and I will figure out what is in my best interest and move forward… This will have no bearing on my commitment to Florida State.. I am still firmly committed to FSU and I look forward to a bright future there… Go Noles….

Pray he sticks with FSU!!!

Malik transferred from Oaks Christian to Westlake Village after his Freshman year. My son played football with Malik at Oaks so I know about the drama he and his dad caused during that year and what prompted the transfer to Westlake. Watching Malik struggle as a freshman at Oaks JV no one could have predicted he would become the talented QB that exploded onto the scene in his Junior year at Westlake. The transformation between his Sophomore and Junior year was very impressive.

Suffice to say Malik and his dad wanted no competition at Qb and asked for guarantees from the Oaks coaching staff to be the starter which he didn't receive. At the time Oaks' QB was Brandon Dawkins who at one point had an offer from ND. Dawkins was a Junior at the time. Malik transferred to Westlake knowing they needed a QB and would have little competition. He did not want stay at Oaks to compete for the starting QB during his Junior year.

During his short time at Oaks Christian Malik came across as arrogant and acted very entitled. He was a poor leader who only cared about himself. His dad made it clear to everyone that he would allow Malik to transfer if they didn't get they wanted. Drama followed them the entire time!

I'm not surprised one bit that Malik is transferring into his fourth school in four years. What will be very interesting is to see what happens at FSU when he will have to compete for a starting job like everyone else. I think that will be a novel situation for him and I don't think he will handle it well. Personally I'm happy FSU will have to deal with the drama that always follows Malik. Fisher should reconsider accepting his commitment because his history of problems and entitlement is well chronicled.

Get Jack Allison to IMG and get him working with Walsh for a year. Will definitely keep him a Cane.

Advertisement
Talking to some of the coaches and players at IMG Malik wanted to work with and learn under Chris Weinke not Kevin Wright, Once Weinke left he wanted to leave, also the new coach is switching to a spread offense from a pro style offense and Malik wanted to be in the pro style offense to help his transition to FSU, but people within the program and school knew he was leaving for a while

Talking to some of the coaches and players at IMG Malik wanted to work with and learn under Chris Weinke not Kevin Wright, Once Weinke left he wanted to leave, also the new coach is switching to a spread offense from a pro style offense and Malik wanted to be in the pro style offense to help his transition to FSU, but people within the program and school knew he was leaving for a while

So why are people saying maturity and attitude issues?

Advertisement

So why are people saying maturity and attitude issues?

I know from the time Weinke announced he was leaving Malik wanted to leave also they got him to say to give the new coach a chance, one of IMG big selling points to him was come be coached by Heisman Trophy winner Weinke one of the top coaches in high school and start working in a pro style offense like he would be running at FSU. No knock on Kevin Wright he probably is a good coach but he just doesn't have the name recognition that Weinke has and wright runs a spread offense

How does IMG work? Do players get scholarships to go there or do they pay their own way to go there?

Some players full pay tuition

Some have partial Scholarships

Some have full Scholarships

..I mean students.

Just answering the question how it was asked

"Standard tuition for one year of boarding at IMG Academy is $68,500 plus a team sport competition and training gear fee that ranges from $3,750-$4,250 depending on the sport. A single semester costs $39,400.

Stokes’ father, Jeff Stokes Sr., said his son is on a combined academic and athletic scholarship that covers 90 percent of all costs, though he did not specify exactly how much he’s paying for his son to attend. Kendrick Osborn Sr. – K.J.’s father – said K.J.’s tuition is significantly lower than that advertised on IMG’s website, but also declined to disclose the exact amount."

Sounds dirty to me.

Here is the statement released by Malik....

My family and I decided that I should attend IMG and that it would be the best thing for me. Things changed while I was there and I didn’t handle the change well. After conversations with my parents and the coaching staff at IMG it was agreed that it was best for both parties for me not to return to IMG…I will miss my friends there and I have nothing negative to say about IMG or the coaching staff.. I wish them all the best and I am certain they will CONTINUE to do good things there at IMG,,, I will now concentrate on the Nike Elite 11 this weekend and preparing myself to graduate next year...my parents and I will figure out what is in my best interest and move forward… This will have no bearing on my commitment to Florida State.. I am still firmly committed to FSU and I look forward to a bright future there… Go Noles….

If you have to be releasing press statements while still in high school then there migggggggght be a red flag.

Advertisement
Hold up, IMG is in Bradenton, but I never hear anything good about them. I heard teams are scared to play them tho.

Advertisement
Nothing more than a coach leaving who coached Pro-Style, and replaced with a spread offense coach. Different styles and 1 gets u ready for college, other does not fit style

Advertisement
Back