Malik Curtis might head to offense.

• Thread starter Deleted member 26015
  • Start date
Advertisement
So how many corners do we have now, but to be honest I don't think Curtis ever gets wide out snaps here with so much young talent coming in

Advertisement
So this means UM must take 4-6 corners next cycle. That’s insane. Ivey and Blades will be seniors. Heck, Blades could go pro after this season if he balls out.

Move him to WR & move X to DB. I think that kid can be a star at corner. I also think he can be at WR but he has that dog mentality needed on D as well.

Advertisement
good, Malik should be on O and returning kicks and punts. The dude is not a starter level CB until year 2 at minimum, maybe year 3. He's instant impact in some sort of way at KR/PR and could see time at WR with some jet sweeps/bubble screens/etc.

tell Rumph this is put up or shut up time. He's got Burns and HAS to land 2 other quality CBs or its his job.
Markevious Brown, Damarius McGhee, Tarvarish Dawson, Omarion Cooper, Kevin Knowles, and Tommi Hill should be getting hit up every single freaking day by Rumph saying I need two of you!

good, Malik should be on O and returning kicks and punts. The dude is not a starter level CB until year 2 at minimum, maybe year 3. He's instant impact in some sort of way at KR/PR and could see time at WR with some jet sweeps/bubble screens/etc.

tell Rumph this is put up or shut up time. He's got Burns and HAS to land 2 other quality CBs or its his job.
Markevious Brown, Damarius McGhee, Tarvarish Dawson, Omarion Cooper, Kevin Knowles, and Tommi Hill should be getting hit up every single freaking day by Rumph saying I need two of you!
It's sad how Brown is the only CB outside of the longshots the staff(Rumph & whoever else) are talking with. And unless anyone knows differently the staff is evaluating Brown. I don't think it's a guarantee that we push for him. That's my opinion. If anyone has the scoop let me know.

McGhee put us in his top 5 before he committed to Tenn and from what I've read the staff didn't try to push for him. Tommi we didn't even offer at CB. Knowles and Cooper we slow played. Dawson wanted to be recruited at WR when we were pushing for him. I'm not sure what Auburn recruited him as & at that time when we were pushing for him we didn't have any recruiting momentum. That leaves Brown who I personally don't see the talent there but it's whatever. I hope I'm wrong IF we get him.

We are going to end up moving a few Safeties over to CB since we're deep at that position. CB recruiting has been horrible. People want to play Rumph and he deserves some blame but I'm looking at Manny & Baker. At some point the D Coordinator & Head Coach deserves even more blame since they oversee the defense/team and decide who to push for at all positions.

Advertisement
He can be the next Henderson from UF or corn elder he’s that type of athlete! Hopefully this guy doesn’t do a Sam shields and waste his talents on offense
Thank Shannon for that....Hope you realize that Sam was Arguably the Most Electrifying HS FB player in Fl before coming to UM...

Advertisement
@Cribby You think there’s any chance Manny fires Rumph at the end of the season and replaces him with Van Dyke? Not sure how much of a difference there would be as far as coaching goes, but seems like he’d be quite an upgrade in recruiting?

@Cribby You think there’s any chance Manny fires Rumph at the end of the season and replaces him with Van Dyke? Not sure how much of a difference there would be as far as coaching goes, but seems like he’d be quite an upgrade in recruiting?
Not Cribby, but no that's not happening, Rumph ain't going nowhere.

Advertisement
Back