2023 Malik Bryant 23 olb

Status
Not open for further replies.
some of ya'll be like
We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

its crootin season if you spaz every time a kid cristoball changes you aint ready.... turn off the computer for the next 44 days until the season starts.
I just might bro this ***** exhausting

Advertisement
For starters, I still think we land Bryant and Bonsu. Let me just make that clear before I dive into a tangent that will be perceived by some sunshine pumpers (not directed at you) as mopey.

As of last Thursday, we thought we were getting four of the five: Bryant, Aguero, Bonsu, Alinen. Heck Kirkland wanted in but “didn’t have a spot”. So really - it was “we gettin’ everyone.

Losing Alinen doesn’t suck as bad, because we can pivot to someone like Freeling. Losing Aguero…yeah that’s going to sting, but it’s somewhat reasonable to expect considering their recent on-field success. Still, a Dominican kid…eh, sucks.

No excuse to lose Bryant. None whatsoever, especially considering our lack of quality and depth at linebacker. Same goes for Bonsu assuming we’re whiffing on Aguero, when we don’t have a safety in this class.

I’m just saying (and this may not apply to these particular recruits), that we can’t rely on all the “silent” talk that came from the last batch of OV’s. Look how quickly things changed from last Thursday to today. Guys we think we’re penciled in weeks ago like Sampson…to me, he’s not. All the big boys are going to come calling, and the longer he goes uncommitted…well, I’ll let you fill in the blanks.

July was supposed to be a banger month, and the first half of it was…but that halfway point of recruiting momentum we were allegedly at, it’s come to a screeching halt - if we go 1/5 or 0/5 this weekend.

Am I outraged at the staff? **** no, they’re doing the lord’s work fixing Manny’s mess right now. But don’t expect a Top five class if we whiff on all these guys. Adjust your expectations back to 7-10.
solid post.

For starters, I still think we land Bryant and Bonsu. Let me just make that clear before I dive into a tangent that will be perceived by some sunshine pumpers (not directed at you) as mopey.

As of last Thursday, we thought we were getting four of the five: Bryant, Aguero, Bonsu, Alinen. Heck Kirkland wanted in but “didn’t have a spot”. So really - it was “we gettin’ everyone.

Losing Alinen doesn’t suck as bad, because we can pivot to someone like Freeling. Losing Aguero…yeah that’s going to sting, but it’s somewhat reasonable to expect considering their recent on-field success. Still, a Dominican kid…eh, sucks.

No excuse to lose Bryant. None whatsoever, especially considering our lack of quality and depth at linebacker. Same goes for Bonsu assuming we’re whiffing on Aguero, when we don’t have a safety in this class.

I’m just saying (and this may not apply to these particular recruits), that we can’t rely on all the “silent” talk that came from the last batch of OV’s. Look how quickly things changed from last Thursday to today. Guys we think we’re penciled in weeks ago like Sampson…to me, he’s not. All the big boys are going to come calling, and the longer he goes uncommitted…well, I’ll let you fill in the blanks.

July was supposed to be a banger month, and the first half of it was…but that halfway point of recruiting momentum we were allegedly at, it’s come to a screeching halt - if we go 1/5 or 0/5 this weekend.

Am I outraged at the staff? **** no, they’re doing the lord’s work fixing Manny’s mess right now. But don’t expect a Top five class if we whiff on all these guys. Adjust your expectations back to 7-10.
Not mopey at all. Again, it goes back to what were the expectations. For me, I was never convinced on Aguero. Did I think we had a very good shot...yes. But did I pencil him in at any point, no. So that one isnt as a much of a punch in the gut for me. Alinen we got beat. Lets take it like men and move on. I too still think we land Malik and Bonsu, but you never know. I think you will be seeing more of this "sudden" change of events in recruiting. Typically once we've gotten the right behind-the-scenes feedback from the right people, we pretty much knew with most candidates who they were choosing. That was the old days. Now, once another team feels they are letting a priority recruit for them slip away, some are going to go all out with a last ditch effort and throw the kitchen sink at them (and I hope we are one of those teams when we are in that situation). So what can look like a smooth landing as we approach announcement day can blow up more often than in the past.

Ive always thought we would finish 5 to 10 this year. Not even half the class is signed up so still a long ways to go before I move those goalposts personally.

Anytime anything changes in someone’s recruitment is not good for us. Also please stop using the term silent commit on this board. It’s a myth. There’s no such thing & has never been such a thing.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Gaby's notes:

Bryant currently has a commitment announcement and ceremony scheduled for Saturday evening up in Central Florida. That’s one I would watch. Not because of the school he chooses but more so if he chooses a school at all. Florida, Miami, and Maryland are battling it out here but I still like the Hurricanes whether or not he makes that decision on Saturday or not. As things stand currently, Bryant and his camp have held on to that Saturday commitment date. Just keep an eye out on that situation over the next 24 hours.

Gaby's notes:

Bryant currently has a commitment announcement and ceremony scheduled for Saturday evening up in Central Florida. That’s one I would watch. Not because of the school he chooses but more so if he chooses a school at all. Florida, Miami, and Maryland are battling it out here but I still like the Hurricanes whether or not he makes that decision on Saturday or not. As things stand currently, Bryant and his camp have held on to that Saturday commitment date. Just keep an eye out on that situation over the next 24 hours.
Maryland?

Advertisement
sounds like bull****. he planned this event the entire summer and was promoting it all week for everyone to come to jones and support. if he doesn't announce tomorrow night, hes not coming
sounds like UF outbid themselves again, only this time it might work.

Advertisement
Gaby's notes:

so hes just inviting people to this event where hes just gonna shoot the ****? the ****? lol. yeah he aint picking miami if thats the case. they didn't just pick a commitment date. they made it an event

Advertisement
so hes just inviting people to this invite where hes just gonna shoot the ****? the ****? lol. yeah he aint picking miami if thats the case. they didn't just pick a commitment date. they made it an event
My guy, you gotta take a step away from the ledge. Bad weekend so far but don’t let it overshadow how well we’ve done up until this point.

so hes just inviting people to this invite where hes just gonna shoot the ****? the ****? lol. yeah he aint picking miami if thats the case. they didn't just pick a commitment date. they made it an event
The “if he chooses a school at all” part killed me

What world are we living in? 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back