2023 Malik Bryant 23 olb

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Blue chip ratio didn’t matter so much why is Mario going after all these highly Rated kids?
It's not at all that it DOESN'T matter. It's a lean of kids widely assessed that YOU SHOULD PRIORITIZE IN MAKING YOUR OWN EVALUATIONS BASED UPON... That's the difference. The last time this school did exactly what these people are complaining about it was a called THE FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE... It was a saga called the Larry Coker era. How did that work out for us? The difference between Mario and all the rest is he takes into consideration what's widely accepted & then he provides his own staffs assessments. We ain't gonna just lock onto a kid because they're rated by sights highly. We've actually changed up with several kids this year that were rated highly and wanted to come on board then the narrative shifted when we made our own evals.

Advertisement
It's not at all that it DOESN'T matter. It's a lean of kids widely assessed that YOU SHOULD PRIORITIZE IN MAKING YOUR OWN EVALUATIONS BASED UPON... That's the difference. The last time this school did exactly what these people are complaining about it was a called THE FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE... It was a saga called the Larry Coker era. How did that work out for us? The difference between Mario and all the rest is he takes into consideration what's widely accepted & then he provides his own staffs assessments. We ain't gonna just lock onto a kid because they're rated by sights highly. We've actually changed up with several kids this year that were rated highly and wanted to come on board then the narrative shifted when we made our own evals.

I agree you should be making you’re own evals, not just going solely based on what the recruiting websites are saying. Not all highly rated kids are created equal, but we have to have land our fair share of highly rated 4 stars and 5 stars.

People forget this cat was a top 20 ranked player in the country and hasn't played a single game of football since then but dropped 30 spots in the rankings because word was out early we were the spot.

This is a true 5* player know that
He dropped because he was overrated being in the top 20. He is still a stud though. His issues are going to be learning to play in space. He isn’t starting from scratch there and his athleticism will allow him to overcome obstacles others would have trouble with. Top 50 isn’t chopped liver but his drop was warranted.

Advertisement
this guy needs to retire from twitter if we strike out this weekend.
1658418039727.png

Sometimes this board baffles me, and proves just how insane, stupid and hypocritical people are these days.

This kid was a major must get for most on the board until he was dropped in the rankings for political reasons.

Now all of a sudden he’s “overrated”? What in the fugg are you clowns sniffing?

This young man is a beast, and he will prove it on the field. I’m going to be pulling receipts on all of you jabronies that as usual are giving bad takes on someone because they’re no longer rated a 5-Star by the dishonest nerds that get paid to rank $EC leaning prospects higher than those picking the U.

Advertisement
Sometimes this board baffles me, and proves just how insane, stupid and hypocritical people are these days.

This kid was a major must get for most on the board until he was dropped in the rankings for political reasons.

Now all of a sudden he’s “overrated”? What in the fugg are you clowns sniffing?

This young man is a beast, and he will prove it on the field. I’m going to be pulling receipts on all of you jabronies that as usual are giving bad takes on someone because they’re no longer rated a 5-Star by the dishonest nerds that get paid to rank $EC leaning prospects higher than those picking the U.
Him being previously overrated and a beast are not mutually exclusive.

He dropped because he was overrated being in the top 20. He is still a stud though. His issues are going to be learning to play in space. He isn’t starting from scratch there and his athleticism will allow him to overcome obstacles others would have trouble with. Top 50 isn’t chopped liver but his drop was warranted.
He is now in the 90s. Thats ridiculous revision no?

Advertisement
At one time weren’t star rankings based on offers? A 5* was a player recruited by the top programs nationwide. A 4* offered regionally, throughout the South, or Midwest, or West Coast. A 3* more defined, offered by schools closer to home.

USC or Miami or whomever weren’t recruiting a player across country unless they thought he was elite.

Before the explosion of click-bait internet sites playing class ranking games, players having highlight tapes on social media, and the proliferation of apparel company and coaches camps. Before schools started having million $ recruiting administration budgets.

At one time weren’t star rankings based on offers? A 5* was a player recruited by the top programs nationwide. A 4* offered regionally, throughout the South, or Midwest, or West Coast. A 3* more defined, offered by schools closer to home.

USC or Miami or whomever weren’t recruiting a player across country unless they thought he was elite.

Before the explosion of click-bait internet sites playing class ranking games, players having highlight tapes on social media, and the proliferation of apparel company and coaches camps. Before schools started having million $ recruiting administration budgets.
I think you would have too many 5 stars if that definition held up. The thing is that SC and Miami recruited many players across the country that weren’t elite. Many times it had more to do with both program’s overall standing with recruits than anything else. It also has to do with that particular cycle, the team’s needs and the prospects available. Miami being in SFLA, there are very few times where we need to go beyond 200 miles for a recruit but even then it still happens. ****, we went after Keyshawn Smiff and while a nice prospect I wouldn’t call him elite.

Advertisement
I think you would have too many 5 stars if that definition held up. The thing is that SC and Miami recruited many players across the country that weren’t elite. Many times it had more to do with both program’s overall standing with recruits than anything else. It also has to do with that particular cycle, the team’s needs and the prospects available. Miami being in SFLA, there are very few times where we need to go beyond 200 miles for a recruit but even then it still happens. ****, we went after Keyshawn Smiff and while a nice prospect I wouldn’t call him elite.
No, not really.

Smiff isn’t relevant. He was recruited two years ago. And who were his other offers?

I’m referring to 20-30+ years ago, and even before. SC and Miami weren’t recruiting players on the other side of the country unless they believed the player was elite. They weren’t spending the money they are today scouring the country. Recruiting ‘services‘ were guys like Larry Blustein and local writers across the country.

I’m referring to a player‘s number of offers and from who. A player from San Diego offered by all the PAC teams, plus Miami, FSU, Penn State, Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State, Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas, etc. Schools with access to a wealth of talent in their ‘general recruiting base’ and reached out across the nation only if they believed a player was elite.

These were the players thought of as a 5*, although I don’t recall if that was a term used back then.

Now, with all the 7-7 leagues, national and regional camps, social media, and click-bait sites the ratings are seemingly made by amateurs, likely on information collected from low-level sources at programs or from the players real or alleged offers.

Some schools are known to flood the market, so to speak, with offers, further skewing the star system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back