Malik Agbo

That’s the way the kid views it. He would rather be on the waiting list to play for coach B and Oklahoma than he would be a priority for Miami. That’s how a lot of kids at a lot of positions handle us actually
I understood what you were saying. Can kind of understand from the kids perspective giving OU's current prestige and success with OL, but Justice is pretty **** good too so I just hope he's seeing the development angle for Miami .

Advertisement
I understood what you were saying. Can kind of understand from the kids perspective giving OU's current prestige and success with OL, but Justice is pretty **** good too so I just hope he's seeing the development angle for Miami .
Yeah I like coach justice a lot. We just gotta put out some higher end draft picks to change the kids perceptions is all

A little update from Rivals:

Says he talks to Garin Justice everyday. They have a really good relationship; talk about everything, not just football.
He said the team feels like one big family.

-Final 5 schools are Miami, LSU, Arizona State, Florida and Oklahoma.
He’s already taken June official visits to UM and Oklahoma - he’s set fall official visits to Arizona State (Nov. 6), Florida (Nov. 27) and LSU (date TBD).

- Plans on visiting Miami again unofficially the weekend of October 23 - will attend the NC State game that weekend.

Agbo plans on committing after he takes all his visits in November.
Gtta snag this kid

Yeah I like coach justice a lot. We just gotta put out some higher end draft picks to change the kids perceptions is all
cough i hope Zion doesn't *** this up. Even though I rarely see 4* and 5* OL commit to BC, Iowa and they pump those ***ers out.

Advertisement
I could be totally wrong so feel free to correct me, but it seems like an overwhelming majority of 1st round OL are 3 star unknowns coming out of high school.
It is a blend...

Like for 2021: Top 4 OT taken in the first Round: Sewell (top 50 recruit high 4*); Slater (top 700 recruit, mid 3*) Leatherwood (5*) and Darrisaw (ranked 1,848 overall commit, no thats not a typo, talk about a diamond find for Vtech)

Interior: Tukcer (top 150 high 4*)

2020 OL drafted first round:

Andrew Thomas (top 50 high 4*); Wills (top 40 high 4*); Becton (top 400 mid 3*) Wirfs (4* top 300) Jackson (top 40, high 4*) Ruiz (top 50 high 4*); Wilson (5*)

Advertisement
It is a blend...

Like for 2021: Top 4 OT taken in the first Round: Sewell (top 50 recruit high 4*); Slater (top 700 recruit, mid 3*) Leatherwood (5*) and Darrisaw (ranked 1,848 overall commit, no thats not a typo, talk about a diamond find for Vtech)

Interior: Tukcer (top 150 high 4*)

2020 OL drafted first round:

Andrew Thomas (top 50 high 4*); Wills (top 40 high 4*); Becton (top 400 mid 3*) Wirfs (4* top 300) Jackson (top 40, high 4*) Ruiz (top 50 high 4*); Wilson (5*)
wasn't becton like 900lbs when he got to college...and they basically had to tape his mouth shut to get him in to shape?

I could be totally wrong so feel free to correct me, but it seems like an overwhelming majority of 1st round OL are 3 star unknowns coming out of high school.
As is the same with a lot of positions but outside of Alabama the top school squander a lot of the top talent.
There’s a good blend of them. But those elite tackles almost always hit
Idk about this one there were some good years but looking back the 10years roughly most of the 5* guys were not high draft picks.

Advertisement
Must get.
we "have to" to excel in the trenches in order to get there
Got to get them big dogs up front

That’s the way the kid views it. He would rather be on the waiting list to play for coach B and Oklahoma than he would be a priority for Miami. That’s how a lot of kids at a lot of positions handle us actually

I'm really rooting for Justice -- and also Simpson -- to have a breakout season so their development strengths play well on the recruiting trail. They get after it, they just don't have the same magnetic persona that Cristobal had or TRob has. But could they be Stoutland types? I strongly believe so..

Advertisement
As is the same with a lot of positions but outside of Alabama the top school squander a lot of the top talent.

Idk about this one there were some good years but looking back the 10years roughly most of the 5* guys were not high draft picks.

I don't know about that stat over the last 10 years, maybe it's right though.

The problem with OL projections is due to the OL recruits themselves. Basically the same with the DL as well.

Sure, there's guys you know are going to kill it, but they're rare.

Most are flat out m, out of shape. We're a sloppy country and you see it in a lot of kids who have bad weight. They see being massive as a plus as they get recruited off of it a lot of times. Can they lose that bad weight at that point and keep it off?

You also don't see big kids lining up against other kids their size often. So you see someone out there pancaking players non stop. They get to college, they're seeing guys their size or close to it every game.

A lot of OL and DL recruits come in and have to build the mass. I would be very interested to see what those lower ranked yet highly drafted kids came in weighing as well as height. My bet would be more than half built their weight up.

Again, you aren't facing people your size in high school. What's your dog like? You gotta fight now, every down, there's no taking plays off. You're going to have to hit and get hit like never before. Do you fold or you gonna bite back?

Situational awareness, recognition of plays, you don't see a lot in high school. Can you gel with those around you, make a united front.

People love to say so and so has quick feet, great bend, and it's like it's a recruiting board cliche with guys we get. They all want to talk them up, but most OL aren't challenged much in high school. You don't get to see those things against like competition.

So much goes into it. IMHO, OL is unquestionably the toughest position to recruit. Lots of other factors, but I've got some stuff to do.

Advertisement
Back