Malik Agbo

I don't know about that stat over the last 10 years, maybe it's right though.

The problem with OL projections is due to the OL recruits themselves. Basically the same with the DL as well.

Sure, there's guys you know are going to kill it, but they're rare.

Most are flat out m, out of shape. We're a sloppy country and you see it in a lot of kids who have bad weight. They see being massive as a plus as they get recruited off of it a lot of times. Can they lose that bad weight at that point and keep it off?

You also don't see big kids lining up against other kids their size often. So you see someone out there pancaking players non stop. They get to college, they're seeing guys their size or close to it every game.

A lot of OL and DL recruits come in and have to build the mass. I would be very interested to see what those lower ranked yet highly drafted kids came in weighing as well as height. My bet would be more than half built their weight up.

Again, you aren't facing people your size in high school. What's your dog like? You gotta fight now, every down, there's no taking plays off. You're going to have to hit and get hit like never before. Do you fold or you gonna bite back?

Situational awareness, recognition of plays, you don't see a lot in high school. Can you gel with those around you, make a united front.

People love to say so and so has quick feet, great bend, and it's like it's a recruiting board cliche with guys we get. They all want to talk them up, but most OL aren't challenged much in high school. You don't get to see those things against like competition.

So much goes into it. IMHO, OL is unquestionably the toughest position to recruit. Lots of other factors, but I've got some stuff to do.
One key difference compared to previous years is that recruits can workout for coaches, so that they can get a sense for some key tangibles. This is what imo got Carswell his offer.

Advertisement
I could be totally wrong so feel free to correct me, but it seems like an overwhelming majority of 1st round OL are 3 star unknowns coming out of high school.
Aside from the Alpha 5* Freaks. See Mount Mckinney / Seantrel ( sober ).

most day 1 & early day 2 are 3* gifted kids who put in that work.

Advertisement
"All of my six official offers are standing out to me the most because they are all schools that I have considered, a school that I can attend to play football and continue my academics as well," said Agbo. (Miami, OU, LSU, UF, ASU and Texas)

Agbo said no school has moved in front in terms of the tenacity they're recruiting him.

"I would say all of them are recruiting me hard," said Agbo. "It may sound crazy but I talk with all of the offensive coaching staff every day for all six schools."

While Agbo visited Miami and Oklahoma, he was set to visit LSU in June but a change at the offensive line coaching position for the Tigers had him push that visit back.

"I'm going to visit LSU sometime in November," said Agbo.

He has locked in two other visits for the month of November.

"I have set up my official visits with Arizona State and Florida," said Agbo. "I’m going to Arizona State on November 6th and Florida on November 27th," said Agbo.

Agbo is still on track to have a decision by December.

"I plan on committing in the early signing period in December," said Agbo.

Advertisement
Agbo, Snoop, Carswell and Armella….best case scenario for 2022 OL class???

True and how do you feel about it?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I believe his dad played at, or was otherwise connected to FSU and seems very involved in the recruiting process. Maybe to an unhealthy level.

enzo armella was a Miami kid (springs?) that went to FSU. Guy is apparently anti Miami and wants to push his son to either FSU or lsu

enzo armella was a Miami kid (springs?) that went to FSU. Guy is apparently anti Miami and wants to push his son to either FSU or lsu
Too bad. I wanted a good portion of the game and Armella did a great job going against a 4 star d-end for St. Frances.
I wonder what grudge he still holds against UM.
I grew up in Ann Arobor but I wouldn’t stop my kids from attending OSU or ND if that was a good situation for them.

What's up with Agbo? Saw there was an article on him in 247 recently but can't read it.

Advertisement
Back