Malcolm Lewis

why didnt the guys switch when the ball was in the air so they cant kick it to lewis each time. it isnt rocket science.

Lewis is the primary returner because Rick WANTS him to be the guy who catches the kicks. Otherwise, Homer would be the primary returner.

Advertisement
why didnt the guys switch when the ball was in the air so they cant kick it to lewis each time. it isnt rocket science.

Lewis is the primary returner because Rick WANTS him to be the guy who catches the kicks. Otherwise, Homer would be the primary returner.

that's crazy. guy who catches the ball at the 2 on a kickoff should be benched at least 1 return.

****, 8 hate to bash this kid. I don't think he ever really recovered from his ankle. He was legitimately going places until that happened. I know it was only 3 games in but he was my favorite receiver not named Dorsett at the time. But yes, he should not be returning kicks, I don't worry about him getting some burn arc wR from time to time on a rotation as long as he catches the **** ball. But that's been a problem lately

Gus Edwards should be returning kicks, or better idea put Berrios back there and put elder at PR.

Advertisement
He's a liability.

All this feel good bounce back stuff loses games.

Guess who lost.

I don't want to see him returning kicks anymore. I want a cerebral player that will not hurt us from that position.

Lewis as our primary KR tells you a lot about Rick and just how deeply conservative and risk averse he is. There are better options on this team. Probably 15 better options. But Rick uses him because he thinks he won't drop the ball or make a bad decision.

Which he did last week.

Lewis as our primary KR tells you a lot about Rick and just how deeply conservative and risk averse he is. There are better options on this team. Probably 15 better options. But Rick uses him because he thinks he won't drop the ball or make a bad decision.

Which he did last week.

So now that he's proven to be a poor decision maker and doesn't have much physical ability, will Rick continue trotting him out there as the primary KR?

Advertisement

Which he did last week.

So now that he's proven to be a poor decision maker and doesn't have much physical ability, will Rick continue trotting him out there as the primary KR?

Probably. Given who we have, is there any reason he should have been out there? He isn't Einstein (athletically or intellectually) so I don't know why he is on the field.

Bingo.

In Richt's mind: Least Likely to Fumble >>>> Most Likely to have a big return

Real disappointed that a lot of our mistakes are coming from upperclassmen.

I'm not gonna say they are solely the problem but the more we get new guys in here the better we will be with more coaching

Shame that on paper we had a bit of potential this year . PMR should have pulled a Butch and told the seniors and juniors to fvck their own face and start from scratch.

Advertisement

This. Remember the days of Kevin Williams? He would line him and Spencer up in the middle of the goal line so that the opposing kicker couldn't kick away from kdub. When was the last time we had that aggressiveness? This passive playing the safe bet is mind boggling to me and wreaks of big game conservatism. Whatever happened to the days of trotting out your most explosive player?

How elder or homer or even coley isn't our featured KOR is beyond me.

Last edited:

This. Remember the days of Kevin Williams? He would line him and Spencer up in the middle of the goal line so that the opposing kicker couldn't kick away from kdub. When was the last time we had that aggressiveness? This passive playing the safe bet is mind boggling to me and wreaks of big game conservatism. Whatever happened to the days of trotting out your most explosive player?

Starting with Butch Davis, UM has been an ultra-conservative program that puts a bigger premium on being safe than on making plays and getting after people.

The crazy thing about our team is that 1 of our 3 units (defense) is ultra-aggressive and led by a savage lunatic who waxed poetic about relentless violence. The other 2 units are as timid and conservative as you can be.

Berries is fielding punts because he catches the ball, which presumes a more dangerous dude can't catch the ball. I have no idea why Lewis is returning kicks.

Our offense regularly takes the air oout of the ball with 2 minutes left in a half or opts for punts or FGs instead of TDs.

It's fcking nutts how different our defensive philosophy is from our approach on offense and STs.

Advertisement

Starting with Butch Davis, UM has been an ultra-conservative program that puts a bigger premium on being safe than on making plays and getting after people.

The crazy thing about our team is that 1 of our 3 units (defense) is ultra-aggressive and led by a savage lunatic who waxed poetic about relentless violence. The other 2 units are as timid and conservative as you can be.

Berries is fielding punts because he catches the ball, which presumes a more dangerous dude can't catch the ball. I have no idea why Lewis is returning kicks.

Our offense regularly takes the air oout of the ball with 2 minutes left in a half or opts for punts or FGs instead of TDs.

It's fcking nutts how different our defensive philosophy is from our approach on offense and STs.

All true except for Mark Whipple. He was aggressive as fvck!

Advertisement
Back