Malachi Dupre to visit with Kenny young

One of his first offers
All the others are even
We DID NOT land any of the big 3 local WRs we were after
We do have a hot qb recruit coming with this class

Reasons enough to let Al take his shot at this kid. So taking a nice winter weekend to south beach could be the reason, but it is a nice winter weekend to SOUTH BEACH. LA isn't snowbound but it also is not sea breeze and clear skies and sandy beaches with naked models and want to be stars sunbathing. Taking a player from LSU is worth the shot because only Bama is a bigger target. Bring the kid down.

Advertisement
I may be in the minority here but I never understood why people always say "free trip" as if these kids are somehow getting over on us or tricking the staff into inviting them out here. First of all, who really cares if it is a "free trip"? If you can get a top flight prospect on your campus it's a gamble you should take 99.9% of the time. The school has a budget for these things and if you can land a premier guy, even if it is very unlikely, you have to take your shot at landing them. I have no doubt there have been numerous occasions where a guy was planning on taking a free vacation on some schools dime and turned out having a great time and deciding to stay. It surely doesn't happen all that often but you definitely can't make a shot you don't take.

Ma man!

Unless anybody was afraid he'd recruit Valentine which im not then you bring him. Having a superstar recruit visit can get other to visit that weekend, maybe he can have fun with Young and give us at least a shot with him and its just a good look to have a 5* visit for any program

Many might claim this reeks of incompetence and desperation to suddenly start recruiting a top prospect in the country this late, but I think Al's going to lock him down.

Yeah, just like your prediction that Dalvin was UM-bound.

My confidence in Al remains rock solid. If we can manage to get Malachi in his presence we can get him. He might be bored with all the teams that have been recruiting him hard for so long and might be looking to get something fresh going with a team that's been ignoring him.

Wtf?

Advertisement
Many might claim this reeks of incompetence and desperation to suddenly start recruiting a top prospect in the country this late, but I think Al's going to lock him down.

Yeah, just like your prediction that Dalvin was UM-bound.

My confidence in Al remains rock solid. If we can manage to get Malachi in his presence we can get him. He might be bored with all the teams that have been recruiting him hard for so long and might be looking to get something fresh going with a team that's been ignoring him.

It's going to be tough to get him out of louisana

Nothing's tougher than Al. Say it with me. Al can! Al can!

Advertisement
Eh, its one of those things where I will trust Golden on. He's not a fool. They know when a kid is just coming to f*ck around. If they think the kid may have even a slight interest, they will bring him on a weekend where he cant really cause trouble if he's coming to f*ck around, with any of our key recruits, and with some other long shot guys from OOS, and hope that MAYBE one of them falls in love the way Hester did. You never know. This is kind of how we got DJ Williams. We werent even really on DJ William's radar early on, and Butch quietly went to work on the kid hard. Got him to take an official, and the kid absolutely fell in LOVE with SoFla, especially the beaches.

So its worth taking a shot. You never know. Kid may feel jilted by LSU, or have some desire to get out of LA, most other programs may be filled up, and you can get lucky. Probably a 1% chance, but its still a chance. As long as its not a case where we didnt bring a quality recruit in that we have a strong chance with to bring in the long shot, you really lose nothing. Its like time outs during a game, there is no point in still having 3 time outs when the game ends. Might as well take them. If we still have visits we can offer, and there is no one else pressing we really want or need to bring in, and its a weekend that a kid cant come in and try to sway other recruits if he's coming to f*ck with us, then why not. Shoot for the moon and maybe you get lucky.

Advertisement
Al can! Al can! Al can!

Attababy!! If anyone can, Al can! I can assure you gentlemen of one thing: If Malachi makes it to Coral Gables, Les Miles will have diarrhea cramps that whole weekend. Les knows that Al can even if you mopes see this as a free vacation.

Advertisement

By start recruting do you mean this?

"but they were one of my first offers.”

why does the AD allow numerous official trips like these but cringe at throwing big money at coaching candidates which will give them more $ in the long run?

Advertisement
Back