Making a point to players - Dabo Sweeney style

What a crock of crap. Everybody is a victim nowadays. DABO STILL DA GAWWW
AR-812024474.jpg

Advertisement
Yeah white privilege when football provides an opportunity to either make millions in the NFL or get a free education worth thousands and thousands of dollars, all to about a 95% black roster. Lulz
What percentage of CBB/CFBplayers go pro? And you have a great point IF major college football and basketball wasn’t raking in millions at a time in revenue. tv deals with conferences in the 90s distorted those lines. In fact those lines were distorted befor that

LOL, that’s not why they pay their top players. Boosters give athletes illegal under the table payments to get them to come to their school. Period. Not because out of some sense of justice or paying true worth. That’s ridiculous. Hard stop.
Top schools pay their top players because they understand the system they operate under is flawed. And if they don’t the competition will. OFC they don’t do it out of the goodness of their hearts. That’s not what I meant to imply But they understand when the money is that big, it’s in their schools best interest to lure the top talent..that’s basic business 101..if I have a product that commands a demand and produces unbelievable revenue I can’t get away with ignoring the commodities whose talents are Mainly responsible for it..if I do that talent will go elsewhere. Elsewhere will be willing to compensate said talent

Yeah white privilege when football provides an opportunity to either make millions in the NFL or get a free education worth thousands and thousands of dollars, all to about a 95% black roster. Lulz

I think what he is saying that there is no negotiation or compromise. Its basically, we'll give you an education and training and we'll get whatever benefits your presence brings us. If we win 3 NC's and increase our sporting revenues by 45% while you're here, you will still get the same compensation as the guy who was a 4 year backup. There is no choice.

Nowhere else would we except being considerably better than our teammates and being compensated the same. Those are the terms for all colleges. Sure some pay, some don't. But that's not considered legitimate compensation.

25 years in IT, I catch you paying some new guy with 5 years under his belt and a common contribution as much as me and I'm in my bosses office demanding a raise or taking my ball and going elsewhere. I have that option.

Advertisement
What percentage of CBB/CFBplayers go pro? And you have a great point IF major college football and basketball wasn’t raking in millions at a time in revenue. tv deals with conferences in the 90s distorted those lines. In fact those lines were distorted befor that
WTF does that matter? So just drop something that provides at minimum an education worth thousands and thousands of dollars, along with setting them up for the rest of their lives.....and at maximum is also the vessel that provides the opportunity to make millions, while doing what comes easy and fun playing a sport?
All because the institutions that provide those vessels make millions.......do realize how ridiculous and counter productive that sounds?!

I think what he is saying that there is no negotiation or compromise. Its basically, we'll give you an education and training and we'll get whatever benefits your presence brings us. If we win 3 NC's and increase our sporting revenues by 45% while you're here, you will still get the same compensation as the guy who was a 4 year backup. There is no choice.

Nowhere else would we except being considerably better than our teammates and being compensated the same. Those are the terms for all colleges. Sure some pay, some don't. But that's not considered legitimate compensation.

25 years in IT, I catch you paying some new guy with 5 years under his belt and a common contribution as much as me and I'm in my bosses office demanding a raise or taking my ball and going elsewhere. I have that option.
I get what you're saying but as you said, it's the same for all players, of every race.
The point of the new posts in this thread was about a football matters t-shirt, like that's some outrageous thing. Especially, as I pointed out about the reasoning of the thread bump, has nearly all black members.

I get what you're saying but as you said, it's the same for all players, of every race.
The point of the new posts in this thread was about a football matters t-shirt, like that's some outrageous thing. Especially, as I pointed out about the reasoning of the thread bump, has nearly all black members.
I agree that its not a black thing.

WTF does that matter? So just drop something that provides at minimum an education worth thousands and thousands of dollars, along with setting them up for the rest of their lives.....and at maximum is also the vessel that provides the opportunity to make millions, while doing what comes easy and fun playing a sport?
All because the institutions that provide those vessels make millions.......do realize how ridiculous and counter productive that sounds?!
Okay it’s clear you’ve probably never played a college sport if you think it’s all fun and easy

Players should be able to market themselves while in college. Players should be able maximize their earning potential while in college. A kid like Johnny manziel should’ve profited at least 3 mill off his likeness alone while at Texas a&m. College coaches are making generational wealth money. Players should at the very least be able to profit off their own likeness and abilities across the board...it’s that simple. How many ppl have to tell the system is rigged for u not to understand lol

Advertisement
Okay it’s clear you’ve probably never played a college sport if you think it’s all fun and easy

Players should be able to market themselves while in college. Players should be able maximize their earning potential while in college. A kid like Johnny manziel should’ve profited at least 3 mill off his likeness alone while at Texas a&m. College coaches are making generational wealth money. Players should at the very least be able to profit off their own likeness and abilities across the board...it’s that simple. How many ppl have to tell the system is rigged for u not to understand lol
You are babbling about a completely different topic. I actually agree with you and those laws are being passed, take a breath....lol

Also, case in point on topic, all that wouldn't be possible without football.

If they make money off of their athletic ability they should be able to pay for they're own education. Give them an option. Make your own money pay tuition. If you want you're education payed for playing football is your job. I'm ok with minor leagues . But the sjw will probably muck that up with some other agenda.

[QUOTE="NorthernVirginiaCane, post: 4709646, member: 22936 If I'm doing karaoke, do I have to pause during that word? Is it appropriate for popular songs to include that word knowing most of the listeners are not black? [/QUOTE]

Thanks for asking that - back when my middle son was in high school I had to use his vehicle for a week while mine was in the shop. He had a Lil Wayne/Rick Ross CD in, it appeared stuck so I couldn't turn it off to get the radio on, played over and over.

After the 3rd time hearing, "I'm a G" I thought it was a **** catchy tune, so I replayed it a few times. Got the words down, "Bulletproof car make me feel like a turtle, wear guns like a girdle, **** deez ...... ain't satisfied till they get murdered, ya heard me? Yeah because I'm a G you don't know a MF thing about me, tell you one MF thing about me, I got so much money on me..."

So we were fishing one day me and him, it was slow and I broke out with that song - he almost dropped his rod off the boat and died laughing that I knew the words. On a related matter, my youngest, a pretty good FB/BB player, during his freshman year was playing (think) Miami Southridge in the Wally Keller Tournament we have over here. He comes off the bench and hits a 3 to put us up just before half. I'm behind their bench trying to get in their heads; about a long bus ride back across the Alley if they lose, no response. Finally, I say, 'And Rick Ross ain't ****' Every head, including the coaches whipped around, saw I was an older white guy and burst out laughing. I laughed with them.

Hopefully, we don't let this division enter our game. Firsthand observation from playing from Junior High through College; outside of maybe combat, nothing mixes races like football - I love my teammates Black and White, my three sons are the same way. I'm heading out to Texas to see a bunch of my college buddies in two weeks. Peace!

Advertisement
You are babbling about a completely different topic. I actually agree with you and those laws are being passed, take a breath....lol
It's a learned reaction taught at the non-profit level. To an extent kid needs to evolve into a free thinker. Getting okie doked by the agenda driven old people..
Hopefully he'll break the chains.

**takes breath..I also believe those laws are just the beginning. I’m a firm believer that scholarship players should have a graduation stipend put aside for them in the major sports..

- allow players to profit off their likeness. This will separate the earning ability of star players from the 3rd stringer
- if a scholarship player graduates from the University they signed with, there should be a graduation stipend Put aside for them. The amount would be a percentage Taken out of conference revenue but equal Across the board from team to team

[QUOTE="NorthernVirginiaCane, post: 4709646, member: 22936 If I'm doing karaoke, do I have to pause during that word? Is it appropriate for popular songs to include that word knowing most of the listeners are not black?

Thanks for asking that - back when my middle son was in high school I had to use his vehicle for a week while mine was in the shop. He had a Lil Wayne/Rick Ross CD in, it appeared stuck so I couldn't turn it off to get the radio on, played over and over.

After the 3rd time hearing, "I'm a G" I thought it was a **** catchy tune, so I replayed it a few times. Got the words down, "Bulletproof car make me feel like a turtle, wear guns like a girdle, **** deez ...... ain't satisfied till they get murdered, ya herd me? Yeah because I'm a G you don't know a MF thing about me, tell you one MF thing about me, I got so much money on me..."

So we were fishing one day me and him, it was slow and I broke out with that song - he almost dropped his rod and died laughing that I knew the words. On a related matter, my youngest, a pretty good FB/BB player, during his freshman year was playing (think) Miami Southridge in the Wally Keller Tournament we have over here. He comes off the bench and hits a 3 to put us up just before half. I'm behind their bench trying to get in their heads; about a long bus ride back across the Alley if they lose, no response. Finally, I say, 'And Rick Ross ain't ****' Every head, including the coaches whipped around, saw I was an older white guy and burst out laughing. I laughed with them.

Hopefully, we don't let this division enter our game. Firsthand observation from playing from Junior High through College; outside of maybe combat, nothing mixes races like football - I love my teammates Black and White, my three sons are the same way. I'm heading out to Texas to see a bunch of my college buddies in two weeks. Peace!
[/QUOTE]
Truth...

Advertisement
If it's my university, you don't get a dime after you graduate. You're education was your payment. Even less if you already made money off your likeness...

After the 3rd time hearing, "I'm a G" I thought it was a **** catchy tune, so I replayed it a few times. Got the words down, "Bulletproof car make me feel like a turtle, wear guns like a girdle, **** deez ...... ain't satisfied till they get murdered, ya herd me? Yeah because I'm a G you don't know a MF thing about me, tell you one MF thing about me, I got so much money on me..."

So we were fishing one day me and him, it was slow and I broke out with that song - he almost dropped his rod and died laughing that I knew the words. On a related matter, my youngest, a pretty good FB/BB player, during his freshman year was playing (think) Miami Southridge in the Wally Keller Tournament we have over here. He comes off the bench and hits a 3 to put us up just before half. I'm behind their bench trying to get in their heads; about a long bus ride back across the Alley if they lose, no response. Finally, I say, 'And Rick Ross ain't ****' Every head, including the coaches whipped around, saw I was an older white guy and burst out laughing. I laughed with them.

Truth...
1591723636855.gif

[/QUOTE]

I do, make your point

Then you're part of a system that exploits people. You gonna stop using your smartphone?

My point is that you're a wiling participant in many systems that exploit people. Everyone is.

You have a choice. If you're so worried about the exploitation of college athletes, then you should stop following CANES football. It's the right thing to do.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back