Make a choice....

Next year...

1. Canes win Coastal beat FSU in ACCCG win bowl game outside of playoff finish 11-2 Golden stays.

2. Team bottoms out finishes 5-8 or 6-7 Golden gets fired.

Choose...

1. It's a 12 game season, not 13

2. We're only winning 2 to 4 games.

Advertisement

This is the problem with the faqgots in this fan base. They think a 2 loss season with no playoff is something that should be celebrated. That should be the EXPECTED regular minimum accomplishment here, not something to throw a parade about and keep a loser failure corch around.

Based on the last decade or so, how would you not celebrate a 2 loss season and big time bowl birth?

My expectations for this program don't fluctuate just because we have hired bad coaches. That's why I'm not going to celebrate doing what we should be doing at a minimum.

You guys are the sort of dudes who would throw a party for a deadbeat dad who paid a couple months of child support after being in arrears for 10 years.
Yes they are.

This is the problem with the faqgots in this fan base. They think a 2 loss season with no playoff is something that should be celebrated. That should be the EXPECTED regular minimum accomplishment here, not something to throw a parade about and keep a loser failure corch around.

Bruh, you seriously need to get out of the time machine and come back to the year 2015. We haven't won 10+ games in 12 years and you really are going to post this? LOL. Your hate for Golden goes beyond football.
You're the same dummy who argued with me about Erick Flowers not having 1st round potential. You go ahead and keep your expectations in the toilet. It's weak thinkers like you who will keep this program in the gutter because you're dying to celebrate a rise to mediocrity.

Based on the last decade or so, how would you not celebrate a 2 loss season and big time bowl birth?

My expectations for this program don't fluctuate just because we have hired bad coaches. That's why I'm not going to celebrate doing what we should be doing at a minimum.

You guys are the sort of dudes who would throw a party for a deadbeat dad who paid a couple months of child support after being in arrears for 10 years.

Not true señor all I'm saying is manage your expectations. Its easier that way. We went 6-7 last year, guy.

Advertisement
Lol. Trick question...Anyone who doesn't chose 1 isn't a Cane fan. Can't hate Golden that **** much not to want an 11-2 season AND beat FSU to boot... It could happen I guess. (shrugs)

If go 11-2 but beat FSU then we lost two games we had no business losing and Golden should still be canned. If rather bottom out then choke like that.

Bruh, you seriously need to get out of the time machine and come back to the year 2015. We haven't won 10+ games in 12 years and you really are going to post this? LOL. Your hate for Golden goes beyond football.
You're the same dummy who argued with me about Erick Flowers not having 1st round potential. You go ahead and keep your expectations in the toilet. It's weak thinkers like you who will keep this program in the gutter because you're dying to celebrate a rise to mediocrity.

Yes, you were right about Flowers. Kudos.

But how you call yourself a Cane fan and sit here and say an 11-2 season is minimum standards here? That's a **** good season for any coach. Is it a national title? No. But if you gonna walk around here with the attitude that its "championship or die" then good luck living that life. Lol.

And at the end of the day, we "weak thinkers" want to see progression. Going from 6-7 to 11-2 would constitute as that. But go ahead and "March on Greentree" and fly that banner homie. Your dime..

Lol @ people who would rather us tank so Golden leaves than actually win under Golden. Buncha geniuses on this board.

What's that old saying? Something about cutting off your nose...

Advertisement
Option 1, but soon enough we'd be back to option 2 with this staff.

This year's schedule is soft as a babies behind. Beating FSU, who is replacing a lot, might happen and likely will if they don't find Winston's replacement. I don't think they had the guy to do that on last year's roster, but look out for Francious or however you spell it.

Next year...

1. Canes win Coastal beat FSU in ACCCG win bowl game outside of playoff finish 11-2 Golden stays.

2. Team bottoms out finishes 5-8 or 6-7 Golden gets fired.

Choose...

11 games.................Seriously? That is not possible with Folden. He is not smarter than 11 coaches in a given season, despite his superior player talent

The ACC got better. Coaching Upgrades at schools like UNC, Pitt, etc.

UM did not upgrade anything.

I am cool with whatever it takes to get Folden fired.

Anyone not picking option one is not a Cane fan. So you'd rather tank the season with the hope that they fire Golden and pray his replacement is the answer? Seriously, as opposed to beating FSU winning the ACC and a bowl game?!?!
Yeah, lets have another miserable season and hope his replacement is the answer, SMH.

Advertisement
I want to win. But I also realize that a 11 win season would mask what a terrible staff and head coach we have and probably buy Golden another 3 years. I cannot take another 3 years of this so I guess I would take option 3. Go 11-2 and Golden leaves for another job.

Lol @ people who would rather us tank so Golden leaves than actually win under Golden. Buncha geniuses on this board.

What's that old saying? Something about cutting off your nose...

Muschamp won 12 games and beat FSU once. What did that accomplish, other than prolonging his inevitable dismissal?

Maybe Golden could win 11 games with the crazy luck and turnover ratio florida had that season, but it's obvious that Golden isnt building a program. He has to go. Every season he is here keeps Miami from being nationally relevant and only makes the rebuilding effort harder for the next coach.

When your dog is dying, the right thing to do is to put it out of its misery.

#1 ALLLLL DAY! The ONLY beef I have with Golden is he hasn't delivered wins. If he can do that, I'd love him to stay here. I couldn't imagine anyone honestly going with option 2.

Advertisement

Officially my favorite 'Chise post ever. I'm dead right now.

Anyone not picking option one is not a Cane fan. So you'd rather tank the season with the hope that they fire Golden and pray his replacement is the answer? Seriously, as opposed to beating FSU winning the ACC and a bowl game?!?!
Yeah, lets have another miserable season and hope his replacement is the answer, SMH.

Its almost like you didn't read the whole OP, and don't understand this is a hypothetical. Option two says "golden gets fired".

Sometimes it becomes clear that the coach is not going to get it turned around. Happens with coaches that win national championships (See: coker, brown), and it happens with coaches who are career .500 and never even won their conference (see: golden). It is really not that unreasonable to take a one season hit if it guarantees golden is gone. The fact that a new hire might be the guy is a better prospect than keeping someone we know isn't the guy frankly is appealing.

**** its not like option 1 even gets us a ring, who ******* cares.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if we win BIG then Folden will be gone soon as the first power 5 program comes calling.... If we lose then he gets **** canned, either way I'll be happy as long as he's gone.... we could win the ship next year but I guarantee you I'll be more happier when I read the breaking news on sports center that Al resigned taking the Vanderbilt gig

Lots of peeps in here voting with their emotion. That leads to bad business decisions. Football is a business. Change is needed.

#2 All day long. Take the medicine, and get stronger with a good hire that has more upside than the current clown.

Advertisement
Back