Major potential rule change - Transfers eligible immediately

Advertisement
I think kids should have to sit a year just as soon as coaches are forced to sit a year when they bolt for bigger money.

This means you have the re-recruit your own players each year...

Plus you think the recruiting game is dirty now... just think how bad its gonna be when all-americans on ****** teams start going to the highest bidder every year

Not sure this is gonna fly..

JC

This would seriously hurt the lesser programs, no? Late bloomers on those schools would almost certainly transfer to P5. Schools like Alabama would probably scout the entire nation and recruit kids to come to Alabama or some ****. I think it really would hurt the sport.

Yes. But F the smaller programs, we're Miami. If Antonio Brown is balling out of his mind at CMU, Khalil Mack is impressing at Buffalo, or TY Hilton is killing it at FIU let's grab them and not make them sit out. It hurts the Group of 5 schools but who cares. Miami which is the only school I give a F about and this helps them. I'm praying this passes

who says they would come here? bama will be all on that ***, they got dissed in HS and that never works out for us

Advertisement
This is ABSOLUTELY an incredibly intelligent idea. I mentioned this type of rule change in a post about a month ago. For me it doesn't go far enough because it only allows for one transfer without sitting/permission.

As long as a kid has eligibility he should be able to transfer without penalty. At will.

Coaches and ADs should not be able to control kids educational choices or hold them hostage (What Snyder at KSU did this summer was a travesty). A rule like this FORCES coaches to find the kids that will be the right cultural fit for that community/school/team. It also forces ADs to realize that hot new coach's departure may lead to the athletes departure as well. And that's the way it should be. Stanford has the smallest classes and they still have kids transfer and kids also have transferred in.

If it kid wants to play safety but a school lies to him and then tries to force him to play linebacker, then he leaves. If after living in the country/city he realizes that he doesn't like it, then he leaves. If he thought he could start, but realizes he's not good enough (or the coaches believe he's not good enough), then he leaves. If he doesn't like his coaches/teammates and he wants to leave, then he leaves.

If you want student athletes to actually be students, then this is the type of rule that will push college athletics in that direction.

This is ABSOLUTELY an incredibly intelligent idea. I mentioned this type of rule change in a post about a month ago. For me it doesn't go far enough because it only allows for one transfer without sitting/permission.

As long as a kid has eligibility he should be able to transfer without penalty. At will.

Coaches and ADs should not be able to control kids educational choices or hold them hostage (What Snyder at KSU did this summer was a travesty). A rule like this FORCES coaches to find the kids that will be the right cultural fit for that community/school/team. It also forces ADs to realize that hot new coach's departure may lead to the athletes departure as well. And that's the way it should be. Stanford has the smallest classes and they still have kids transfer and kids also have transferred in.

If it kid wants to play safety but a school lies to him and then tries to force him to play linebacker, then he leaves. If after living in the country/city he realizes that he doesn't like it, then he leaves. If he thought he could start, but realizes he's not good enough (or the coaches believe he's not good enough), then he leaves. If he doesn't like his coaches/teammates and he wants to leave, then he leaves.

If you want student athletes to actually be students, then this is the type of rule that will push college athletics in that direction.

I agree with what ur saying but it wont go like that maybe it will for some, but the cheating would be epic. Kids will be on the team and get recruited by other schools and I know they will say there are rules for it but its BS they will find a loophole like they always do. To me there not in school for class they r there for football and all that extra **** is a gift from the school. Most these kids are there for football and some cant even speak in whole sentences they r worse then me.

I know what ur saying and its probably right but I know there will be dirty programs using this against alot of teams especially us.....that Liberty QB will be tight UM didnt recruit him......Ok im going to transfer to fsu to make them pay. I dunno man its a slippery slope.

Last edited:
Advertisement

What about sticking with your commitment? And sacrificing for the team?

Those things don't matter anymore? This "me" culture has gotten out of control.

I agree with what ur saying but it wont go like that maybe it will for some, but the cheating would be epic. Kids will be on the team and get recruited by other schools and I know they will say there are rules for it but its BS they will find a loophole like they always do. To me there not in school for class they r there for football and all that extra **** is a gift from the school. Most these kids are there for football and some cant even speak in whole sentences they r worse then me.

I know what ur saying and its probably right but I know there will be dirty programs using this against alot of teams especially us.....that Liberty QB will be tight UM didnt recruit him......Ok im going to transfer to fsu to make them pay. I dunno man its a slippery slope.
These kids have to be able to make their own decisions...and live with them. Some are going to be horrible, some are going to be great, but they have to learn to make their own choices. Separately, I don't have a problem with what are now called "recruiting violations" either. Laissez-faire. Alabama can't get much better than they are and they will still lose. They can only play 11 at a time.

Advertisement
I don't like the idea unless your head coach leaves. I don't think schools should be able to block transfers either. A kid if they're willing to sit out a year, should be able to transfer wherever they want.

Keep the rules the way they are with one exception. If major sanctions are dropped on a school, all non involved athletes are allowed a get outta jail free card. It's a very slippery slope to allow free agency into college athletics and an overall bad idea.

Advertisement

They will be sacrificing for a team. Another team. The "me" culture is America. It's always been here, the kids are just learning from their parents and grandparents. Elderly vote for their interests not the kids or grandkids.

This would be BAD for college football. Period.

Think about it. Right now a kid's recruitment (and in many cases the accompanying drama) "ends"when the kids sends in his LOI. You want to transfer? There are consequences and a waiting period.

If this rule passes, a kid's recruitment WILL NEVER END. Every elite player will have teams calling him, contacting him, backdoor communicating him, etc etc and it will never end.

It would be the worst thing that ever happened to college football. This is just further proof there are some real ****ing morons out there with some really ****ing dumb ideas.

This. Bama and the rest of the SEC $$ train would never stop. Then again I'm sure that who's behind this anyway. Emmert been bought and paid for since he sat down.

Go Canes!

They will be sacrificing for a team. Another team. The "me" culture is America. It's always been here, the kids are just learning from their parents and grandparents. Elderly vote for their interests not the kids or grandkids.

Does Tetragrammaton stand for many bad ideas?

Does Tetragrammaton stand for many bad ideas?
No, just for an idea whose time has come.

Advertisement
Back