Major Applewhite to be named new offensive coordinator at Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me tell you something, Mean Gene-
Every single candidate has negatives.

Fedora: recent offensive numbers unimpressive, possible ****fighting with Diaz.

Lt Applesauce: unimpressive numbers, questionable judgment as shown by hiring Donofrio, will try to bone the secretaries

Yost: Needs a haircut. Also doesn't appear to want stress of big time program anymore

Bedenbaugh: hasn't called plays.

On the plus side, Bedenbaugh helped design the Oklahoma offense so he knows what he is doing on O. He also adds addresses the OL problems, which is a huge need, and would be relatively cheap. The OL aspect (recruiting and teaching) puts Bedenbaugh in the lead for me. Offense will be exciting, which will attract skill players, solving other recruiting issues.
Those other three guys, have called plays. If you're going to pay a dude over $1 million, he better be an experienced playcaller.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If this continues to stretch on, I think the explanation could very well be in the NFL.

Eh. That would have to be a last minute decision by Manny. He said he wanted it in place tomorrow.

I think we’re just getting spurned or contractually something came up with MA

Advertisement
So... basically we can expect him to sign on as an analyst at Bama instead of coming to Miami?

That’s where all the silent commits end up, right?
All of our OC prospects are going to Bama as the result of a "business decision"

Well even if we start the season now with only defensive coaches our games would play out about the same.

I think the best part about all of this is just how few and far between the leaks have been. For way too long, Miami leaked like a sieve. It's hard to keep a secret when too **** many people run their mouth. Hopefully Manny has fixed that issue.

Advertisement
Why does Miami need to keep it secret when it comes to the hiring of their coaching staff? There is no competitive advantage to it. The only reason you keep it secret is to hide incompetence.

Agreed, the longer this goes on without any sort of news/movement strengthens the argument that Miami is striking out with its targets.

Advertisement
Why does Miami need to keep it secret when it comes to the hiring of their coaching staff? There is no competitive advantage to it. The only reason you keep it secret is to hide incompetence.

It actually helps a lot by keeping things under wraps. If candidates are using Miami as a bargaining chip for leverage in their own negotiations, we don't get seen publicly as the little brother. No media frenzy to rile up the fan base when they hear of a certain candidate, only to have the whole fan base be disappointed when it doesn't come to fruition. Like with Fedora.

Manny making the Hecht like Fort Knox is a good thing. Bad for us since we want the scoop, but good for the program.

Well even if we start the season now with only defensive coaches our games would play out about the same.
It actually helps a lot by keeping things under wraps. If candidates are using Miami as a bargaining chip for leverage in their own negotiations, we don't get seen publicly as the little brother. No media frenzy to rile up the fan base when they hear of a certain candidate, only to have the whole fan base be disappointed when it doesn't come to fruition. Like with Fedora.

Manny making the Hecht like Fort Knox is a good thing. Bad for us since we want the scoop, but good for the program.

The people that dont get that probably dont read at all. And will have people like you explaining it over and over again.

Candidates probably prefer their names not being published also. Wiho wants the world to know they were a candidate and someone else was hired.

If Apples to UGA
Then Fedora back in play

One thing that I haven't seen is candidates withdrawing their names from consideration to save face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back