Major Applewhite to be named new offensive coordinator at Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Stefan's silence speaks volumes. IMO he still thinks it's Major (so do I). Just not playing out as quick as some thought for whatever reason.
I don't understand (or know what to make of) Stefan's silence at all. Please enlighten us.

Advertisement
He's just riding with his original break on this IMO. I don't know Stefan but it appears to me he is rolling with Applewhite still.
My own confusion is largely:
If he was told "it's still gonna happen" would he still be silent or give us an update?
If he was told "it might still happen" would he give us an update?
Probably not in both cases.
If he was told "definitely won't happen" would he give us an update?
Probably yes. Maybe?
LOL.

Advertisement
If he was told "it's still gonna happen" would he still be silent or give us an update?
Probably yes. Maybe?
LOL.

Exactly. No on the first two and yes on the last one lol. Think there's is a ton of smoke screen going out on this. Personally think it is Major and the full offensive staff is being put together.

I don’t want Applewhite to come as OC, but I do want him to come just so Stefan can wipe his balls on Fermans face.
1546835674690.gif

Applewhite would be a fine hire. I’ve been skeptical of Brian Wright because I thought he was dependent on Jason candle for his success but I’ve seen some stuff from previous jobs and it seems FAU was truly an outlier and a bad situation. I think he makes the most sense for us right now. Especially if he is the driving force behind installing and calling that Toledo offense and developing the QBs.

Gotta say.. I don’t think Jason candle is very involved in development of the QBs. He’s historically a WR coach and even played WR. Seems mostly Wright’s doing. I’ll get behind that hire 100%. I think it would be extremely successful here

The number one reason I want Applewhite to get the OC job is for the commeuppance that Vermin will get.

Advertisement
I already told y’all why.

Manny ripped into assts and Miami media last week for leaking info.

He’s not playing around with this ****.

Stefan is wisely staying quiet until the dust has settled.

New sheriff in town.

Didn't Barry Jagoff tweet something along the lines that the Applewhite was taking awhile because of vetting process
with him and the OL coach who had also worked at Baylor?
It seemed like after that tweet there was nothing from the local beat(off) writers.

Didn't Barry Jagoff tweet something along the lines that the Applewhite was taking awhile because of vetting process
with him and the OL coach who had also worked at Baylor?
It seemed like after that tweet there was nothing from the local beat(off) writers.
The last thing Barry tweeted about Applewhite was that he was basically out of consideration to get the job.

I can't helped but laugh at some of the hypocrisy that exist by some of the posters in this thread.

People are mad because they "believe" that Stefan prematurely provided information before it was completely verified. So in turn, they prematurely try to discredit him before verifying if his information is right or wrong. Gotta love the irony!

Advertisement
Probably yes. Maybe?
LOL.

He dosent know anything?!

The last thing Barry tweeted about Applewhite was that he was basically out of consideration to get the job.

not quite. still a "possibility" but not likely. The new emergent candidate seems to be Scott but I still think it's Applewhite based off original report by Stefan citing multiple sources, and nothing more since then other than wild internet speculation. i think they are just sitting on the announcement until the right time.

1. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks Stefan’s source caught some heat for jumping the gun, therefore Stefan is quite out of respect to the source.

2. Whoever we hire on Offense, we really need some top notch recruiters. The entire defensive staff is void of closers, because they are all green as ****.

Advertisement
I've said this a couple of times in the last couple of days - it wouldn't surprise in the least if Manny waits until sometime today or first thing in the morning to make his announcements on all his hires. It would be the ultimate middle finger to Sabag and Dablo by taking some of the shine away from the championship game and giving his announcement a national audience.

He's a politicians son and watched Pops work the media for years.

As far as Stefan is concerned, the silence is deafening. Being a relative newcomer to a smaller fish in the media pond, I'm sure he has to tread lightly to ensure his future access to the tram.

I've said this a couple of times in the last couple of days - it wouldn't surprise in the least if Manny waits until sometime today or first thing in the morning to make his announcements on all his hires. It would be the ultimate middle finger to Sabag and Dablo by taking some of the shine away from the championship game and giving his announcement a national audience.

He's a politicians son and watched Pops work the media for years.

As far as Stefan is concerned, the silence is deafening. Being a relative newcomer to a smaller fish in the media pond, I'm sure he has to tread lightly to ensure his future access to the tram.

Nobody, outside of Canes fans, will care about this. If this was Manny's plan, which I highly doubt, then he is already doing dumb sht.

Nobody, outside of Canes fans, will care about this. If this was Manny's plan, which I highly doubt, then he is already doing dumb sht.
Pure speculation on my part.
College football live on ESPN starts @ 1:30 and College Gameday @ 3. I’m probably way off base but nothing would surprise me at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back