Major Applewhite to be named new offensive coordinator at Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
im a little disappointed that stefan hasnt commented on this one way or the other, though.

if hes confident its still applewhite, he should be doubling and tripling down. daring posters to call the supposed bluff

he must think he got it wrong but hes remaining silent praying this will still somehow turn out well for him.

There's nothing for him to gain. Since he hasn't said anything about I would still think its applewhite until it's not.

Advertisement
im a little disappointed that stefan hasnt commented on this one way or the other, though.

if hes confident its still applewhite, he should be doubling and tripling down. daring posters to call the supposed bluff

he must think he got it wrong but hes remaining silent praying this will still somehow turn out well for him.
This is what I’m thinking as well.

Anyone thinks some of the hires/decision have been made just not public yet ? I mean The canesfootball account is following 2 of the confirmed reported hires in Blake baker and the strength and conditioning coach and also Major Applewhite still so that’s interesting. I saw we announced the strength and conditioning coach yesterday but not Blake baker who is reported to have been hired days ago. His twitter by the way doesn’t have any mention of Miami or recent activity and it still says la tech. Maybe they are waiting to release it all at once? Whatever it is, stuff should be leaking out the next few days considering the dead period ends pretty soon

I have no knowledge if Major is the hire or not.

However, I have been told from someone that I trust that the person who runs the Miami Football Account (someone in the Athletic Dept.) is related to Major Applewhite, and this may be why the Miami account follows him.

Advertisement
For whatever reason they haven’t completed the screening/contractual details. Maybe it’s as simple as this went down near the weekend and no one is working in the school offices. They haven’t announced the DC either, and everyone seems certain it’s Baker.

Of course it makes sense. Miami is the Mickey Mouse organization of college football. Coaches know it, and in turn treat them as such.

I have no knowledge if Major is the hire or not.

However, I have been told from someone that I trust that the person who runs the Miami Football Account (someone in the SID office) is related to Major Applewhite, and this may be why the Miami account follows him.
But it’s a recent follow within the last few days of course

But it’s a recent follow within the last few days of course
May just be a coincidence, or may not, I have no idea, but just passing along what I heard. Like I said, I have no clue if Major is the hire.

Advertisement
What’s puzzling is Stephan’s silence. If he’s wrong, no big deal. Won’t be the last time. If he still believes he’s right - great. Well done.

But, why dead silence? Why no updates for days now? Why not come out and say something? Anything. Hedge your bet or...admit you were wrong...or tell everybody you stand by your sources...or double down and tell everybody to kiss the ring. Why sit back and watch the Board fill the silence with unsubstantiated rumors? He can’t be THAT busy writing recruiting articles on the impact of ‘Rique and Bogle taking a dump on the U.

It has to be a gag order. What else could possibly explain the lack of response unless he enjoys the anarchy!

Maybe once the hire is made public he will tell us what happened.

They would just unfollow. Why hasn’t the Blake guy changed anything on his twitter?

Imagine you’re talking to a guy.

You meet him online and you’re really vibing. You think this could potentially lead to a long term relationship.

He comes over one day for dinner. You have a great meal. Wonderful conversation. Everything is going great.

After dinner, things move to the bedroom. One thing leads to another and eventually he mounts you and plants his seed deep inside you.

He then proceeds to tell you he had fun but he doesn’t think this is going to lead to anything.

Then, right before he walks out the door, he says “But never say never” and winks.

Would you unfollow him?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Folks that report what they hear from well-placed sources are simply reporting what they hear from well-placed sources and sometimes, those sources jump the gun as they may not have all the details or what they have is accurate at that time, but things change. I never have an issue when things don't go as initially reported although the folks doing the reporting definitely have to have a serious chat with the source when things don't work out as expected. Facts are that announcing during the National Championship game gets the most exposure and that is simply smart, which is I would expect whatever the decision is, to be announced tomorrow if in fact it has already been done.

Folks that report what they hear from well-placed sources are simply reporting what they hear from well-placed sources and sometimes, those sources jump the gun as they may not have all the details or what they have is accurate at that time, but things change. I never have an issue when things don't go as initially reported although the folks doing the reporting definitely have to have a serious chat with the source when things don't work out as expected. Facts are that announcing during the National Championship game gets the most exposure and that is simply smart, which is I would expect whatever the decision is, to be announced tomorrow if in fact it has already been done.

Nobody is disputing the veracity of his report or his intentions. **** happens. But, remaining defiantly silent is different from i’s not getting dotted and t’s not getting crossed.

Advertisement
Imagine you’re talking to a guy.

You’re really vibing and you think this could be long term.

He comes over one day for dinner. After dinner he mounts you and plants his seed. He then proceeds to tell you he had fun but he didn’t think this was going to lead to anything.

Then, right before he walks out the door, he says “But never say never” and winks.

Would you unfollow him?
Bruh what the ****... lol I’ma leave that to you and Kenneth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back