Major Applewhite to be named new offensive coordinator at Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Lol. I was honestly interested. I don't follow the G5 teams at all so I figured I would ask if applewhite really has any recruiting clout in texas HSs or if that is all just BS. lol. Usually the fans have more insight about their coaches than the new teams insiders. Remember all the smoke being blown about how elite mork was and all the UGA fans told us beware. We did the same thing with No d and houston.

If someone comes and says Applewhite is an elite OC and will have us winning the national title next year I would call BS. If someone said he’s good enough to win the ACC and if we don’t succeed it won’t be because of him because our offense will score in bunches I wound believe it. Kamala Harris the “poster from the grave” came out and basically called him a bum and he would singlehandedly sink the program into the abyss and his record over the last 4-5 years doesn’t support that theory.

We don’t know what he can do, here’s what I know. He has lead a top offense before and believes in scoring a lot of points. And the last time we talked **** about a coach we all looked silly. (Diaz) Give the guy a chance. I’ll say this, Diaz isn’t going down with the ship here. If he sucks, he will pull the plug quickly.

Applewhite was ran off by Saban after one season too. You should go back and look at Bama's offense in Saban's first year. It was not good. No other OC has been ran off by Saban after one season but Applewhite.

I'm going to wait and see on the whole OC hire works out, but one thing is for sure, Manny will fire Applewhite if things don't work out. He seems to have no issues cutting ties, and cutting ties quickly.

From what I read about the Saban Applewhite situation, Saban handcuffed applewhite from the get go. He wasn't a fan of the Major's brand of offense, and it wasn't something that worked in the SEC back then. The game has evolved, and so has Saban since then. I'm not sure looking back at that season, more than a decade ago, is fair in determining Applewhite's OC ability...

We'll see how the year goes, but appreciate your doom and gloom.

I'm going to wait and see on the whole OC hire works out, but one thing is for sure, Manny will fire Applewhite if things don't work out. He seems to have no issues cutting ties, and cutting ties quickly.

From what I read about the Saban Applewhite situation, Saban handcuffed applewhite from the get go. He wasn't a fan of the Major's brand of offense, and it wasn't something that worked in the SEC back then. The game has evolved, and so has Saban since then. I'm not sure looking back at that season, more than a decade ago, is fair in determining Applewhite's OC ability...

Right! Saban wasn’t even “Saban” 10 years ago, he was just “the guy who ran out on the Miami Dolphins”. Since then, he’s come out and said in his own way, he didn’t know what he need to know so he learned a thing or too. I think that Applewhite hire will workout better than what most are inticipating.

Advertisement
I didn't say he's a bum but he's not a hire that will move the needle. He's average at best.
really because his offense was top 20 this past year in yards/pass yards and points. in the country. so all he did was score but he is just average what the **** are you smoking man

Saban even with a good qb didn’t air it out. We all sat here and wondered why they signed three 5 star receivers with that offense and many in here even listed the stats. It wasn’t till tua got there that he saw the potential. Think about saban’s offensive philosophy back when applewhite was there. It’s the equivalent of applewhite trying to knock sense into cmr this season.

I didn't say he's a bum but he's not a hire that will move the needle. He's average at best.

Now that I’ll give you , if anyone knows not moving the needle on offense it’s an LSU fan.

Respect

If someone comes and says Applewhite is an elite OC and will have us winning the national title next year I would call BS. If someone said he’s good enough to win the ACC and if we don’t succeed it won’t be because of him because our offense will score in bunches I wound believe it. Kamala Harris the “poster from the grave” came out and basically called him a bum and he would singlehandedly sink the program into the abyss and his record over the last 4-5 years doesn’t support that theory.

We don’t know what he can do, here’s what I know. He has lead a top offense before and believes in scoring a lot of points. And the last time we talked **** about a coach we all looked silly. (Diaz) Give the guy a chance. I’ll say this, Diaz isn’t going down with the ship here. If he sucks, he will pull the plug quickly.

I agree with you about Diaz, but I don't see any harm in asking someone that actually has knowledge about Applewhite about how he is looked at by the Texas Highschools. I am not going to believe everything he says without question, but hearing another opinion is always nice.

Advertisement
Advertisement
well, lets hope this works out. Anything is an upgrade from what we had, literally, just a week ago

Some people I respect, love this hire( as does Dan O da Gawd Orlovsky)...

Advertisement
People who know football are not surprised that Saban has won multiple championships at Bama. Saban would have done the same thing at LSU had he stayed. Saban is that good.

Oooh you’re and an LSU fan. Nuff said. You got it.

Major did that in what conference? If Major was so successful as an OC he never would have ended up at Rice and Houston after being at Bama.
lol guys move to lower jobs all the time and up stop acting like they don't .I don't care what conference he plays in the fact is he scored and he put up yards that's what matter at any level. dino babers put up numbers at bowling green just won 10 at Syracuse with his offense. the fact is if u can score at group of 5 as an oc u can score at power 5

Newsflash! UM needs a capable QB or two and OL which is not on the roster today with possibly Jaren Williams(no one knows since he didn’t play). Don’t care who the OC is. Just be aggressive and innovative, plus teach and develop. Until Manny Diaz and staff can recruit and develop capable players at the two aforementioned positions, expect average records in 2019 and maybe 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back