Major Applewhite not expected to get OC Job

Honestly... I get taking time and getting it right but with all this shifting from Fedora to Applewhite to whomever... I worry we don’t have a real plan. If Manny passes over Applewhite to keep looking, he better have someone good. Cause if Applewhite already interviewed and Manny is still kicking tires and sniffing butts... I’d walk if I were Major.
How many OC jobs are open that are better than Miami right now?

Advertisement
Disagree. If we get someone worse it will be because of money and a clear indication that we’re not committed to winning
Getting someone worse because we are cheap is even more of a problem.

Man what a money post! I couldn’t agree with your more, its a gamble for any one we hire but these mofos be acting like play calling experience matter in some cases and then not in others. It just depends on if they like the coach and what program he is coming from. I’m not sure that most of these mofos really understand and analyze football, they seem more like cheerleaders to me. They just following the wave and rooting for the shinny object. Smh

It’s the same how recruits magically become slower smaller and scared to compete when they go elsewhere

Ppl say whatever just to fit their narrative
**** I do it myself sometimes

Advertisement
well if it's Jeff Scott - it obviously wouldn't be announced till after the Championship game. Still like Wright though - lotta good coaches came out of the Mid American....for example Dino....

Manny basically told us in his press conference that he was waiting for a candidate to be available aka done with his season. It's gotta be someone at Clemson.

Or it could be that OC from E. Washington Bodie Reeder. He supposed to be and up and comer and his season finishes tomorrow when they play in the FCS championship.

Thank god the Applewhite hire was BS. The problem more than anything with that hire was that it sounded like Diaz had a list of two guys at OC and that was it. Would have been the smallest search ever and Mark Richtesque in how lazy it was put together. Now that we're seeing other names surface it's clear Manny is doing his due diligence. If we land a guy like Scott I'd consider that a 500 ft knock out of the park.

Advertisement
Jeff Scott, Ja'Juan Seider would be great from a Buzz recruiting standpoint. But I really wish we could get the best Offensive Line coach possible and a QB coach that has actually developed a QB into the Nfl, Even if the Offensive coordinator has QB background. Perry and the QBs probably showed Jon Richt What he wanted to see but he just didn't know exactly what to look for and Mark Was Busy with his HOTDOG DELIGHT Recipe

At least Manny is putting in the time to get it right.

I never wanted Applewhite near this program. Guy is a fvckin prick (and that’s the least of his problems).

Vanilla offense with no downfield passing attack to speak of. Spare me the Kendall Brile year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Think about what has happened and is happening to this program and honestly ask yourself which is more likely....Jeff Scott or Brian Wright?
The answer will become evident.

Think about what has happened and is happening to this program and honestly ask yourself which is more likely....Jeff Scott or Brian Wright?
The answer will become evident.

both would be great imo. Scott would be a recruiting monster of a hire.

Advertisement
Back