Major Applewhite not expected to get OC Job

Advertisement
This is not a search, this is Fedora said no and Applewhite's past indiscretions
caught up with him, at least for the moment. This OC hiring is Tennessee like
What if I told you Major Applewhite was a smoke screen....

Advertisement
I suspect that as Manny vets each guy, he wants to know who they want to hire for the subordinate positions. If he disagrees with someone that requires more discussion......

Advertisement
For me, yes. Beast recruiter
We need actual coaches as well, not just recruiters. Look at our O last year. We had a couple 4 star QBs, talent all over the field at the skill positions, and no freaking clue how to get them the ball. Would recruiting help play calling and schemes? No. We need good coaches with the ability to create mismatches. Recruits will come, but good recruits will never cover up terrible coaching.

Actually I think he was trying to hide the hire for whatever reason. I actually said that to my dad today when we were talking about the supposed interview with Manny when he mentions Applewhite. He used a guy who he was connected with(probably with his permission) as a name to throw out to keep said school (because it’s probably somebody from another school who’ll they want to keep) off his trail.
This wouldn't surprise me in the least. Same happens with some of our recruits. Playin' chess, not checkers. If so, Manny is more wily then anyone suspected.

I said this in another thread but this really doesn't feel like an "everybody else said no so we're on to plan F" situation. This seems more like Manny doing his due diligence and trying to get it right. I could be wrong of course but this feels different from Randy's "let's get Dirk Koetter... I mean Pat Nix"-type hire.

Cautiously optimistic, but I agree. Diaz has always conducted himself as having a plan. He did when he arrived as DC a while back and now as HC. Hope this is true.

Advertisement
The longer this goes on, I get the feeling people aren’t as interested as we were being let on, hopefully this isn’t another one of these getting ever famous “national searches” where we hire someone questionable without calling anyone else
There’s plenty of quality guys interested , manny is treating this hire like he should. This hire will make or break his *** more than likely . It would make no sense to make it in a few days.

People are going stir crazy here because there’s actually somebody running this **** like a boss. And not having everything leak out.

This alone gives me more confidence in Manny.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back