Major Applewhite not expected to get OC Job

Advertisement
Advertisement
People read far too much into #1, #2, #3, etc.

The best candidate is the one with the right credentials AND wants the position.

Think Frank Reich was truly a "second pick" behind douche bag Josh McDaniels? Performance is certainly proving otherwise.

you say that until he hires someone like Baker.

Yeah, of course if he hires someone awful, we'll regret not getting Applewhite.

But what I said remains true. He's not an inspiring choice and, while a certain improvement over the previous regime, is not any kind of splash hire. His offenses haven't been great and he's not a great recruiter. When it was initially guessed the 3 finalists were Fedora, Coley, and Applewhite, I said many times Fedora is my #1, Coley is my #2, and Applewhite would be a distant 3rd.

But we'll see who he actually does hire before we can say it was a good or bad thing we didn't get Applewhite.

Advertisement
Advertisement
20190104_202842.jpg

Advertisement
I said this in another thread but this really doesn't feel like an "everybody else said no so we're on to plan F" situation. This seems more like Manny doing his due diligence and trying to get it right. I could be wrong of course but this feels different from Randy's "let's get Dirk Koetter... I mean Pat Nix"-type hire.

Stefan about yo get heat from everybody. I was cool with Applewhite but we can do better I just hope we do
whatever. rip stefan all you want. dude has been straight up with his reporting on recruits.
barry jackson missed the whole richt/bot saga and no one cared. pete hinted ponce would be oc sunday night. no one cared.
stefans thing is recruiting, give him a break

Advertisement
Back