Mahoney leaves program, team releases statement

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
The University of Miami announced Monday that offensive lineman Hayden Mahoney has decided to leave the football program.

“Hayden and I talked and we decided that it was in his best interests to graduate this spring and pursue opportunities at another school,” head coach Manny Diaz said. “We wish him all the best in his future plans.”

Mahoney, a redshirt junior from Malvern, Pa., played in all 13 games last season, starting 10. He is scheduled to graduate after UM’s spring semester.

Advertisement
30CB6220-1C3F-49A5-8673-B4A2183FD948.gif

Advertisement
True, Manny ain't with that soft ****, but I'm wondering if this was a mistake on Mahoney's part.
Is it truly a lack of talent, or was it a lack of development that facilitated what we saw on the field?
What if he gave it another year under quality coaching to see?

Either way, wish him the best. Wasn't impressed at all with his performance, and I can only hope he realizes his potential -- whatever potential that may or may not be, somewhere else.

Manny is getting the OL room in order. Calling it now, we will have at minimum, a serviceable OL and certainly good enough to beat everyone on our regular season schedule. We can deal with Clemson and post season later, but he will have our OL ready to compete this Fall.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Manny is getting the OL room in order. Calling it now, we will have at minimum, a serviceable OL and certainly good enough to beat everyone on our regular season schedule. We can deal with Clemson and post season later, but he will have our OL ready to compete this Fall.

There's a room specifically for the OL?

Advertisement
True, Manny ain't with that soft ****, but I'm wondering if this was a mistake on Mahoney's part.
Is it truly a lack of talent, or was it a lack of development that facilitated what we saw on the field?
What if he gave it another year under quality coaching to see?

Either way, wish him the best. Wasn't impressed at all with his performance, and I can only hope he realizes his potential -- whatever potential that may or may not be, somewhere else.
I'm reading between the lines. Probably was told he wouldn't play much. We have a bunch of talented young lineman that will pass him in the depth chart. Smart move to free up a scholarship.

Thanks and best wishes to Mahoney.

Advertisement
Back