Mackenro Alexander commits to FSU (update)

What is Mackenroe doing? Doesnt he have any shame at all? Or any sense of pride? He has to depend on his brother and ride his coattails? lol. If my bro was out there telling every big time program that they gotta take me as a "condition" for my bro's commit, i'd be too ashamed to show my face anywhere and i'd tell him to stop it. Jesus H Christ. Just man up, go to a school like TCU or UConn, work your *** off, and EARN your rewards.

Don't knock the kid. Below is a quote from him from a website. SBNation.

"Most colleges were offering me thinking that Mackensie was going to come with me," he said. "If you want me, you want me. He's going to make his own decision. I love him but at the end of the day we're both trying to make it. Wherever he goes it's fine and if we end up together that would be great but we're not attached at the hip."

Advertisement
What is Mackenroe doing? Doesnt he have any shame at all? Or any sense of pride? He has to depend on his brother and ride his coattails? lol. If my bro was out there telling every big time program that they gotta take me as a "condition" for my bro's commit, i'd be too ashamed to show my face anywhere and i'd tell him to stop it. Jesus H Christ. Just man up, go to a school like TCU or UConn, work your *** off, and EARN your rewards.

Its like using a reference for your career... You ever used a reference? Its the same thing... Has nothing to do about growing up... He's using his connections just like anyone else...

lol. No it has nothing to do with a reference. The analogy is this: You interview for a company and they want to hire you real bad. But then you tell em, they gotta hire your shiftless, lazy brother and pay him a fat salary, if they want to get you onboard.

I'll say it again...the kid has no pride or self-esteem. He is ok with being his bro's charity case, the ******* who cant earn his offers but has to depend on his bro. If he had any sort of pride, he would commit to a lesser school, work his butt off, earn all conference honors, and get drafted and then give all the elite schools who passed on him the middle finger.

Have you watched his highlights? He's a good player... This isnt a Keith Brown situation.

You would be in the minority for sure. I dont know anyone else that wants him here without his brother. Are there others?

"Most colleges were offering me thinking that Mackensie was going to come with me," he said. "If you want me, you want me. He's going to make his own decision. I love him but at the end of the day we're both trying to make it. Wherever he goes it's fine and if we end up together that would be great but we're not attached at the hip."

This statement right here speaks volumes about his personality... We shouldnt bash the kid...

This statement right here speaks volumes about his personality... We shouldnt bash the kid...

Proof is in the results. I'll believe this when we see Mackensie go to LSU or wherever and MacKenroe go to Kentucky.

Its like using a reference for your career... You ever used a reference? Its the same thing... Has nothing to do about growing up... He's using his connections just like anyone else...

lol. No it has nothing to do with a reference. The analogy is this: You interview for a company and they want to hire you real bad. But then you tell em, they gotta hire your shiftless, lazy brother and pay him a fat salary, if they want to get you onboard.

I'll say it again...the kid has no pride or self-esteem. He is ok with being his bro's charity case, the ******* who cant earn his offers but has to depend on his bro. If he had any sort of pride, he would commit to a lesser school, work his butt off, earn all conference honors, and get drafted and then give all the elite schools who passed on him the middle finger.

Or maybe the kid thought he actually earned the offer on his own? I understand what you are saying but I kinda feel bad for the kid getting played Jimbo. At this point if I were him I would say ***** Jimbo and his meeting. Right now FSU is going to damage control. Will be interesting to see if the Alexander camp falls for it again.

Advertisement
If I was Jimbo, I would accept his commitment immediately and start working the family and brother... As soon as you realize Mackensie is definitely not going to be a nole, then you inform Mackenro to look elsewhere also.

It doesn't get much lower than that.

FSU messed up by offering him in the first place... This is the only way it might not blow up in their face.

Again, AG handled this the right way!

Or maybe the kid thought he actually earned the offer on his own? I understand what you are saying but I kinda feel bad for the kid getting played Jimbo. At this point if I were him I would say ***** Jimbo and his meeting. Right now FSU is going to damage control. Will be interesting to see if the Alexander camp falls for it again.

This is the stupidest thing I have read in a while.

Kid decided to tell a reporter at Rivals he was committing to FSU before he called Jimbo and got the ok. The dumb rivals reporter ran wild with the story, and now FSU potentially looks bad since they can't publicly comment on a recruit.

Not every offer extended is commitable right away. Some offers are contingent on other events playing out, and EVERY major D1 football program does this, even Saint Albert Golden.

Advertisement
I'm gonna be honest Greg Reid is good, but stop making him out to be Patrick Peterson.

This reminds me of the Ostaszewski's back in the '80's: Henry and Joe.

Or the McDonald saga: Devon and Ricardo.

Greg Reid is good but he's still more of a poor man's Terrell Buckley. He gets compared to him most but he's not as good IMO. Nowhere near Patrick Johnson.

As for this Alexander situation I hope it blows up in their face. I swear I think FSU recruits just to win the recruiting services title and let their fans puff their chests out. "We're going to bad *** with all these five stars." 2 years later, a bunch of them are gone for various reasons and they're still losing 4 games a year. But their side of the ACC is weak so they make ACCCG and the cycle continues.

Advertisement
Interesting but I did some quick research. Here is the breakdown

Alexander might have to go to FSU

Uif got
2010 j.watkins and riggs
2011 c.johnson, purifoy, roberson, showers,
2012 bailey, poole
2013 vh3, t.bell, and n. washington= (11)

UM
2010- 0
2011 Finnie
2012 7
2013 Burns? = (9)

fsu
2010-t.brooks
2011- hunter, waisome
2012-darby, pj williams
2013 baker, m.johnson= (7)

Small sample but very telling as far as recruiting goes for these respective positions of need.

L U L Z

46.gif

Advertisement
Interesting but I did some quick research. Here is the breakdown

Alexander might have to go to FSU

Uif got
2010 j.watkins and riggs
2011 c.johnson, purifoy, roberson, showers,
2012 bailey, poole
2013 vh3, t.bell, and n. washington= (11)

UM
2010- 0
2011 Finnie
2012 7
2013 Burns? = (9)

fsu
2010-t.brooks
2011- hunter, waisome
2012-darby, pj williams
2013 baker, m.johnson= (7)

Small sample but very telling as far as recruiting goes for these respective positions of need.

Lulz, you're not even close.

yeah underrated how much props we should give al for straight up not offering this lad. jimbo is a fake and its pretty shady he didnt accept his commitment and holds a "meeting" with him to discuss tomorrow ha like wtfffffff is that about

This is the stupidest thing I have read in a while.

Kid decided to tell a reporter at Rivals he was committing to FSU before he called Jimbo and got the ok. The dumb rivals reporter ran wild with the story, and now FSU potentially looks bad since they can't publicly comment on a recruit.

Not every offer extended is commitable right away. Some offers are contingent on other events playing out, and EVERY major D1 football program does this, even Saint Albert Golden.

And whose fault is it that the contingencies of the offer weren't made clear to the kid?

Advertisement
Back