Mackenro Alexander commits to FSU (update)

Advertisement
What is Mackenroe doing? Doesnt he have any shame at all? Or any sense of pride? He has to depend on his brother and ride his coattails? lol. If my bro was out there telling every big time program that they gotta take me as a "condition" for my bro's commit, i'd be too ashamed to show my face anywhere and i'd tell him to stop it. Jesus H Christ. Just man up, go to a school like TCU or UConn, work your *** off, and EARN your rewards.

Its like using a reference for your career... You ever used a reference? Its the same thing... Has nothing to do about growing up... He's using his connections just like anyone else...

lol. No it has nothing to do with a reference. The analogy is this: You interview for a company and they want to hire you real bad. But then you tell em, they gotta hire your shiftless, lazy brother and pay him a fat salary, if they want to get you onboard.

I'll say it again...the kid has no pride or self-esteem. He is ok with being his bro's charity case, the ******* who cant earn his offers but has to depend on his bro. If he had any sort of pride, he would commit to a lesser school, work his butt off, earn all conference honors, and get drafted and then give all the elite schools who passed on him the middle finger.

Or maybe the kid thought he actually earned the offer on his own? I understand what you are saying but I kinda feel bad for the kid getting played Jimbo. At this point if I were him I would say ***** Jimbo and his meeting. Right now FSU is going to damage control. Will be interesting to see if the Alexander camp falls for it again.

This is the stupidest thing I have read in a while.

Kid decided to tell a reporter at Rivals he was committing to FSU before he called Jimbo and got the ok. The dumb rivals reporter ran wild with the story, and now FSU potentially looks bad since they can't publicly comment on a recruit.

Not every offer extended is commitable right away. Some offers are contingent on other events playing out, and EVERY major D1 football program does this, even Saint Albert Golden.

contingent on his brother committing

Its like using a reference for your career... You ever used a reference? Its the same thing... Has nothing to do about growing up... He's using his connections just like anyone else...

lol. No it has nothing to do with a reference. The analogy is this: You interview for a company and they want to hire you real bad. But then you tell em, they gotta hire your shiftless, lazy brother and pay him a fat salary, if they want to get you onboard.

I'll say it again...the kid has no pride or self-esteem. He is ok with being his bro's charity case, the ******* who cant earn his offers but has to depend on his bro. If he had any sort of pride, he would commit to a lesser school, work his butt off, earn all conference honors, and get drafted and then give all the elite schools who passed on him the middle finger.

Or maybe the kid thought he actually earned the offer on his own? I understand what you are saying but I kinda feel bad for the kid getting played Jimbo. At this point if I were him I would say ***** Jimbo and his meeting. Right now FSU is going to damage control. Will be interesting to see if the Alexander camp falls for it again.

Kid decided to tell a reporter at Rivals he was committing to FSU before he called Jimbo and got the ok. The dumb rivals reporter ran wild with the story, and now FSU potentially looks bad since they can't publicly comment on a recruit.

Not every offer extended is commitable right away. Some offers are contingent on other events playing out, and EVERY major D1 football program does this, even Saint Albert Golden.

Possibly.

Also could be contingent on us missing on other LBs (Mackenro would be a LB at FSU). FSU and Ro"Derrick Hoskins are looking like they will be parting ways, as Hoskins grades are a big issue.

Jimbo isn't going to go to a kid and say, "Hey, we want to offer you a scholarship. You can announce your commitment anytime" and when the kid tries to commit, say, "Ah, just kidding."

Point is that this is more than likely a misunderstanding, and unfortunately we will only get, at best, one side of the story.

Advertisement
Jimbo is banned from South florida. Golden came in and put that wall up on his ***.

That's really all that matters to me.

Not 1 Dade or Broward recruit for Jimbo since Golden hired.

Advertisement
Jimbo is banned from South florida. Golden came in and put that wall up on his ***.

Not true.

However, Jimbo didn't get any 2012 or 2013 kids we wanted in Dade/Broward.

He's got some early commits for 2014, though.

Not true.

However, Jimbo didn't get any 2012 or 2013 kids we wanted in Dade/Broward.

He's got some early commits for 2014, though.

LULZ

Like I said, Jimbo is banned from South Florida

What is Mackenroe doing? Doesnt he have any shame at all? Or any sense of pride? He has to depend on his brother and ride his coattails? lol. If my bro was out there telling every big time program that they gotta take me as a "condition" for my bro's commit, i'd be too ashamed to show my face anywhere and i'd tell him to stop it. Jesus H Christ. Just man up, go to a school like TCU or UConn, work your *** off, and EARN your rewards.

And in this case his offer was contingent on his brother coming too. Maybe it was a ploy by their side to see if he actually did earn the offer on his own. It doesn't look like that was the case.

Advertisement

Possibly.

Also could be contingent on us missing on other LBs (Mackenro would be a LB at FSU). FSU and Ro"Derrick Hoskins are looking like they will be parting ways, as Hoskins grades are a big issue.

Jimbo isn't going to go to a kid and say, "Hey, we want to offer you a scholarship. You can announce your commitment anytime" and when the kid tries to commit, say, "Ah, just kidding."

Point is that this is more than likely a misunderstanding, and unfortunately we will only get, at best, one side of the story.

I think people are forgetting this happened to us with Nate Taylor.

Nate Taylor situation was completely different. He was told by a lower level staffer who has no authority to give out offers that he had one. In this case a kid who went camp was told you earned an offer by the head guy. We were trying to offer a guy in order to get someone else.

Nate Taylor situation was completely different. He was told by a lower level staffer who has no authority to give out offers that he had one. In this case a kid who went camp was told you earned an offer by the head guy. We were trying to offer a guy in order to get someone else.

I actually quoted the wrong post by Utah I was comparing this part to Nate Taylor.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back