Mack Brown’s perspective on Bowl season makes you think twice

I'm pretty sure players would rather be home with family. I do still think bowl season is important, if not for the fact that its some guys last game, but to get new guys game time without having a record on the line.

Besides, I'm a fan and I like seeing odd matchups. This year I'm looking forward to Michigan beating Alabama.

Advertisement
It makes sense for lower-level teams but shouldn't apply to miami. The standard here should be NY6 or playoffs and that's what you expect to play for every year.

I don't have a problem with meaningless bowls because I enjoy watching football, but what I do have a problem with is that being the program's new standard.
The problem with this statement is that this isn’t a new standard. Take a look at the bowl games we’ve been in since 2006. I don’t understand what the complaining is about when we’ve been going to these type of bowl games for 15 years now.

Mack Brown sounds like he believes he recruited kids from the orphanage. ”Give us a medal because just look how much we do for all these poor, disadvantaged, deprived kids with no homes and no where to go!”

Get out of here with that crap. UNC and brown don’t do in home visits at group homes or orphanages. They go into these kids homes, meet their families, eat their home cooked meals on visits, and shake hands. All those kids have families they go home too, especially the holiday season. And the “rare” few that don’t (the Jimmy graham situations” have teammates that would take them in, because many teammates become defacto brothers.

Mack gave an answer that helps brings profits into the system, and I see many of you are eating this up.

Facts are, college football is a year round “business” and these kids are forced to practice during holidays and ALL summer or else those scholarships will get pulled. There is no such thing as going home for P5 football players.
SVEN, I'm usually on board with you but not here. Mack Brown is right. I know. I lived it. If you have not lived it please don't be so narrow minded and dismiss it. I fought to get out of it and I'm doing very well. But it's real!
The memories keeps me motivated to keep going and I can proudly say my kids never saw a day like I did or some of the student athletes experience away from school.
Back up brother. I dont know what you're saying.

RESPECT

I got 0 gifts growing up for Christmas and if I had the option to get some gifts and go the Shrevenport for Christmas, or not get schit and stay in NYC. I would have chosen not get schit and stay in NYC every single year.

Playing La Tech in some ********* bowl the day after christmas would make my choice even easier.

That said, we obviously can't turn the bowl down because of monetary reasons.

So rather than go see someplace new, do some cool **** while you're there, get some things, etc......you'd would've just rather kicked it on the block doing the same old **** with your boys than hit the field with those boys? Sorry, not buying it. Good try though, you would've gone and got yours.

Advertisement
So rather than go see someplace new, do some cool **** while you're there, get some things, etc......you'd would've just rather kicked it on the block doing the same old **** with your boys than hit the field with those boys? Sorry, not buying it. Good try though, you would've gone and got yours.

No, I would not have.

I would accept a hat, a book, and a 50 dollar watch. However, if I had to fly down to some schithole in LA to pick it up, no chance in **** I would take that.

I would have much rather "kicked it on the block" then played in some loser bowl in a schithole city.

I am the type of person that is not proud of failure and would never have even worn a watch/hat that has "walk on bowl 2019" on it.

I am sure you would have proudly worn it around and placed it right on your trophy shelf next to your other participation trophies.

Give the players a vote. Just let them know a vote not to play will be understood as entering the transfer portal. Don’t bother to return for next semester.

Advertisement
Back