M. Rosier > T. Martell

I think Take will be fine if they use him correctly. You can’’t put him under center and run slow developing play action passes. He is better suited for a spread system. If Enos is looking to run more of traditional offense, then Jarren or Perry might by the better options but I’m not going to write anyone off based on Spring practice.

Advertisement
How can a supposedly elite HS QB be rated a 5 star, despite having godawful footwork and an inaccurate arm? Who are the "experts" doing these worthless ratings? Kyle Wright - who was not ony a 5 star but reportedly the single best QB in the entire nation (until he came to UM and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn); now, Martell.
That's the thing, Tate has elite footwork. There's either something going on mentally or Enos is trying to make him something he's not

That's the thing, Tate has elite footwork. There's either something going on mentally or Enos is trying to make him something he's not

Not to be a Debby downer but I saw this kid in HS 5-6 times, I would never have offered him @ Miami, it is what it is. I told one of the locals at the game, he will never play @ OS. Williams will be starting on day one.

Advertisement
Not to be a Debby downer but I saw this kid in HS 5-6 times, I would never have offered him to Miami, it is what it is. I told one of the locals at the game, he will never play @ OS. Williams will be starting on day one.
I'd like to know what you saw because I saw an elite player in high school and a player that ran Urban's system quite well when given his chances.

I'd like to know what you saw because I saw an elite player in high school and a player that ran Urban's system quite well when given his chances.

Good runner, good at controlling a high school game. Average Arm too short. Just not the type of QB I like. I want one with with size, a gun that can control the team. He was missing two things I like. I believe it was Miami Northwestern who played out here, their QB was a little guy with a gun, he could also run, I would have taken him over Tate. But still he wouldn't be my choice to play at Miami. Come on, we've got to do better at the QB position and I think we will now.

Another thing people don't realize, they have the worst HS football I've ever seen playing here, there is one good team that would almost never go undefeated in Miami or Broward, not even their best teams in the past 8 years or so.

Good runner, good at controlling a high school game. Average Arm too short. Just not the type of QB I like. I want one with with size, a gun that can control the team. He was missing two things I like. I believe it was Miami Northwestern who played out here, their QB was a little guy with a gun, he could also run, I would have taken him over Tate. But still he wouldn't be my choice to play at Miami. Come on, we've got to do better at the QB position and I think we will now.

Another thing people don't realize, they have the worst HS football I've ever seen playing here, there is one good team that would almost never go undefeated in Miami or Broward, not even their best teams in the past 8 years or so.

The "too short" is played out and doesn't apply to college football anymore. It may have applied 15 years ago but that hasn't been true for a while now.

Also, u aren't winning a natty with a "gun" and no mobility in your QB unless u get a Trevor Lawrence type talent that comes around once every decade. Look at every QB who has won a title in the CFP era. They've all been mobile.

Advertisement
I'll admit I'm quite surprised Tate is struggling as much as he is, I thought he'd wrap up the starting job easily. That being said Jarren looking pretty good is a great development. May the best QB win.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Tate Martell has from now until start of summer practice to work hard (on all aspects of his game), learn the playbook, and then compete his heart out. I don't think that a starter will be named until sometime in August.

I just dont think he will ever start here. Even the Walk-on out preformed him. But you cant deny his athletic ability and I see a ton of Julian Edelman in him. Couldnt throw worth **** at Kent State but jas developed into a great slot receiver because of his smarts and his lower body athletic ability.

Advertisement
Back