We’ve had the same policy on injury rumors forever. They hurt the team, and the success of the team on the football field is my number one priority. I am a fan first, not a clout chaser.
Second, injuries are the source of more misinformation than any other topic. Remember how many reputable eye emoji sources posted that Fletcher was out for the year last season? Nobody is more inside than me, and even on the inside these issues are often murky. Imagine how wild it gets when you’re dealing with third-hand information.
In this particular case, there is already misinformation flying. The accurate story will come out in due time.
Exactly how does discussing a
rumor (emphasis added) about a third string corner (yet promising 2nd year player) hurt the team? Is it going to give opponents an inside track on how to attack us because we might be missing our 5th best corner? Teams will have a difficult time figuring out how to beat OJ, Lucas, EOC and Brown. I do not think they care about who plays after that. Also, fans are discussing it on spaces. Is that hurting the team?
Again, I don't expect you to comment on the injury. I get it. You can't. But, it's difficult to see how fans on a message board discussing how a potential injury might impact playing time for others could materially and adversely impact the team. That's hyperbolic.