Luther Luke Campbell is hosting a Twitter space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Quite a bit of our fans wants us to hire James Coley too, so he’s not far off on that...

And I agree with Lockette, very good recruiter & good guy altogether.

I don’t think Luke hates Miami the way yall think he does, he’s just very jaded & disgruntled because of the last 5 staffs didn’t acknowledge him & stroke his ego & he’s an old dude set in his ways.

Luke is cool people though, if you ever talk to him he’s funny AF & not this super Miami hater that yall believe him to be, he just has a different way of looking at things.

Yall give him more power than he actually has.

Luke is very bitter, it's just sad at this point. Us hiring someone as respected as Mario in South Florida has put a serious dent in his performative moping.

Blows my mind that any Cane fan would defend him too. This is a guy that threatened to blackmail UM if they didn't start his preferred QB. He's 2nd only to Nevin in my book

@Liberty City El is right though, he has no real influence, especially now.

Advertisement
Quite a bit of our fans wants us to hire James Coley too, so he’s not far off on that...

And I agree with Lockette, very good recruiter & good guy altogether.

I don’t think Luke hates Miami the way yall think he does, he’s just very jaded & disgruntled because of the last 5 staffs didn’t acknowledge him & stroke his ego & he’s an old dude set in his ways.

Luke is cool people though, if you ever talk to him he’s funny AF & not this super Miami hater that yall believe him to be, he just has a different way of looking at things.

Yall give him more power than he actually has.
Agreed. I've always had a negative view on Luke, but he's changed my mind listening to some of these spaces. He's not wrong in the fact that we could use another guy who specifically knows his way around down here as an assistant coach. I don't necessarily think that will lock South Florida down like he believes it will.

The thing with him is that he wants guys he knows and or is familiar with and nobody else.

Howard, Jimmy and Butch weren't from here and they did just fine recruiting the area. Get the best coaches and the rest will take care of itself. The irony is that 7 of the 8 coaching hires (including Mario) are of color and this clown is still complaining.

Advertisement
Its like he doesn't realize that he single handedly almost got Miami the death penalty. This school should have his picture on a wall of shame and not let him in the stadium and tell the team that if he talks to him to report it to the coaches so they can report him to the NCAA.

How long til Luke starts call Mario racist?

Coincidentally after Mario doesn't hire a coach or recruit a kid.

Last time i checked the HC is from Miami, played and coached at Miami. Uncle Luke need to pipe down. His act gets tired. If it was up to him we would have a staff full of high school coaches from south florida.

Who Cares Larry David GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Advertisement
Mario, Mirabel, Kevin Smith, D. Smith Miami alumni, DVD, Field, Biaz FIU and Miami HS coach, Hypolitte(spelling), Sabbath, Cooney, Rumph, Bain right off the top of my head from Miami. I have no problem with Telly off the field. Can or would Curtis still recruit well? I think I have proven how ignorant Luke's agenda is. He of course is not being honest, but that is the norm for him with this program. He needs therapy.

Advertisement
Funny how people fall over themselves to hear then discuss unpopular opinions. Opinions that they disagree with and or/hate. Lmao. Yall want Luke to quiet down... Stop listening comenting or caring about what he has to say.

He is 1000% right about Curtis Johnson. That being said I'm glad we ended up going the route we went in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back