Luther Campbell no longer at MNW

Yep, he was. Can you argue he was a scapecokergoat? yes, but OL performance was wildly inconsistent back then, it was no secret Art sucked at recruiting (he didn't like to do it and his projects were flaming out quickly), and it was also no secret he was being divisive behind the scenes (alongside the other old coot, Donny S).

Advertisement
Yep, he was. Can you argue he was a scapecokergoat? yes, but OL performance was wildly inconsistent back then, it was no secret Art sucked at recruiting (he didn't like to do it and his projects were flaming out quickly), and it was also no secret he was being divisive behind the scenes (alongside the other old coot, Donny S).

I'm of the belief that Luke is a scapegoat here. The Miami Northwestern offense is averaging 14.3 PPG this season. Defense isn't having an incredible year, but nearly all the coaches I talk to down here believe that Luke is a legitimately good football mind and coach. That defense kept MNW in games the past 2 seasons.

I'm of the belief that Luke is a scapegoat here. The Miami Northwestern offense is averaging 14.3 PPG this season. Defense isn't having an incredible year, but nearly all the coaches I talk to down here believe that Luke is a legitimately good football mind and coach. That defense kept MNW in games the past 2 seasons.

Who cares? He's scum

He might be a good football coach, but he certainly comes with a lot of baggage. Based on.. well every single thing he's done and said in his life I doubt (yes, this is me being speculative, but come on) he has much respect for the chain of command. Guy is a distraction no doubt. I know he was nice to you Pete, but you're a young guy and you weren't around for a lot of his ****. Read this thread again. And if you do remember all this, then you should understand that Luke makes his own bed.

Advertisement
Ok I get your point. But at what point are people going to just get over some crap that happened 20 years ago? And clearly, Al has forgiven him for the recent media outbursts so why cant we just get over it? Why keep bringing it up? Calling the guy a racist? You think Al would associate with someone whom he thought was racist? Some of yall are acting like Al is a phuggin idiot I swear. Buddy is sending two of his top players to us. (Burns and Smith) Luke is like most of the fans on this board..When the team is winning he loves Al and its all good. When we are losing, he is in over his head and we should have never given him that extension. All the same.

couldn't have said it better. He's a hot head without a filter and doesn't think about how some of the things he says, but he's a guy who became famous for glorifying *** on records not a University professor. One of his biggest problems is that he gets to caught up with sfl kids especially the ones he has a personal connection to and sometimes thinks they are better than they are and will go overboard about any perceived slight he thinks they are receiving. Dude does it with all his kids, **** he was threatening FSU last year because they weren't playing Freeman early in the season; not because they were FSU and f all things FSU, but because he felt they were mistreating one of his kids.

Does it **** me off when he goes off the deep end. Of course, but it ****es me off when any of our "fans" including the ones on this site dog the coach or the kids on the team (like those that act like Dukes resume isn't good enough to work at Walmart as a greeter smh). Those things are just as negative as the things Luke says. I know for a fact kids have read some of the disparaging things guys were posting about not only them, but coaches, and the program and just had to brush it off. Same thing they do with stuff Luke says.

I'll never run around trying advocate for people to like the guy, but the wishing him death is just BS. I don't expect guys here to care about anything outside of UM, but there is a world outside of UM football. That dude has helped tons of kids over two decades that most here can give two craps about because they never suited up for Miami. Having been one of those kids 20 some odd years ago I know the good work he's done without anything in return for it. So I guess y'all can neg me as a Luke apologist .

Well said. I do not know Luke, but since you seem to, I have a question. Do you know of any white kids Luke has even helped? If so, how many? I am fairly sure that any white dude who helps a bunch of white kids but no black kids would certainly be classified as racist. Please do not excuse him not being around any white kids, cause that is a ****ed poor excuse used by whites 50 years ago. I don't care if he just helps black kids, but couple that with his numerous comments and he sure sounds racist.

I reported that Luther was fired from the west this summer and that was true. Northwestern alumni talked to Fields to save his job. Let's be real Luke is the most die hard cane fan you would ever meet. He's the polar opposite of a Hurricane fan boy while still loving the canes. That bytch who shoots at you when she catch's you cheating but the next week tells the cops she was with you during that armed robbery you did with your homeboys?? Yea thats Luke..That crazy bytch whos head over heels in Love with you and will do anything for you but yet might shoot you in the back of the head when she thinks your doing her wrong. Thats Luke..Doesnt always do the right thing but theres no denying the love.

He wants all his boys to go to the "U" but he is biased... He puts his loyalty to his boys over his loyalty to the u.. You guys just dont like it.. Thats why he was mad when Finnie got kicked off, Thats why he was mad Randy didnt offer his boys, thats why he was mad we didnt take his QB that went to UCF,, same thing for Ryan Collins, and Crudup. Once you figure out the order of his loyalty he's a lot easier to understand... i dont necessarily agree with it ...but i understand..

Last edited:
Ok I get your point. But at what point are people going to just get over some crap that happened 20 years ago? And clearly, Al has forgiven him for the recent media outbursts so why cant we just get over it? Why keep bringing it up? Calling the guy a racist? You think Al would associate with someone whom he thought was racist? Some of yall are acting like Al is a phuggin idiot I swear. Buddy is sending two of his top players to us. (Burns and Smith) Luke is like most of the fans on this board..When the team is winning he loves Al and its all good. When we are losing, he is in over his head and we should have never given him that extension. All the same.

couldn't have said it better. He's a hot head without a filter and doesn't think about how some of the things he says, but he's a guy who became famous for glorifying *** on records not a University professor. One of his biggest problems is that he gets to caught up with sfl kids especially the ones he has a personal connection to and sometimes thinks they are better than they are and will go overboard about any perceived slight he thinks they are receiving. Dude does it with all his kids, **** he was threatening FSU last year because they weren't playing Freeman early in the season; not because they were FSU and f all things FSU, but because he felt they were mistreating one of his kids.

Does it **** me off when he goes off the deep end. Of course, but it ****es me off when any of our "fans" including the ones on this site dog the coach or the kids on the team (like those that act like Dukes resume isn't good enough to work at Walmart as a greeter smh). Those things are just as negative as the things Luke says. I know for a fact kids have read some of the disparaging things guys were posting about not only them, but coaches, and the program and just had to brush it off. Same thing they do with stuff Luke says.

I'll never run around trying advocate for people to like the guy, but the wishing him death is just BS. I don't expect guys here to care about anything outside of UM, but there is a world outside of UM football. That dude has helped tons of kids over two decades that most here can give two craps about because they never suited up for Miami. Having been one of those kids 20 some odd years ago I know the good work he's done without anything in return for it. So I guess y'all can neg me as a Luke apologist .

Well said. I do not know Luke, but since you seem to, I have a question. Do you know of any white kids Luke has even helped? If so, how many? I am fairly sure that any white dude who helps a bunch of white kids but no black kids would certainly be classified as racist. Please do not excuse him not being around any white kids, cause that is a ****ed poor excuse used by whites 50 years ago. I don't care if he just helps black kids, but couple that with his numerous comments and he sure sounds racist.

Classis Porst... what white kids play ball in Liberty City? none.. Oh yeah What about the white QB that he helped transfer to Central from Broward(even though Illegal) and got him a scholarship? negged. Oh yea you know how many parents were mad as **** for bringing him in? Especially the parents of the black QB who was suppose to start? Would a racist do that?

Advertisement

oh so luke sent those players too us? the coaches didn't recruit them at all huh? GTFOH and since when does Al forgiving somebody means that other people should. I dont hate nor like luke but if I did hate him, you or anybody else forgiving him would have no effect about how I personally feel about them. Also keep in mind that AG has only been here for a few years, he hasn't been apart of miami for all of Luke's **** while people have been fans for all of it so keep that in mind when telling people that they should just get over

Weren't Cane fans blaming Ice for not us not getting Matt Thomas and Kirkland?Swore that we would never a BTW kid after Bethal decided to delay his commitment for a week. Now that we got all those players it was all Golden but before that it was Ice and the racist south Florida coaches stopping us.

This dude really said does luke help any white kids.....really...lol....I see this discussion is fully over...dude is volunteering service in the inner city for free...and we got dudes mad he ain't over coaching lil timmy at the montessori school

I bet most of the people in her wishing death on that man is white so who is the racist? The guy is from the hood and want's to see the local kids do good. Talkin about how many white kids have he helped you tell me how many white kids you see in the hood in 99% black communities.Some of the **** he says is crazy but wishing death on a man that has a family to provide for is ****ed up.

Advertisement
Luke is a good guy, done a lot of good things for the inner city kids and he's a die hard cane's fan. I wish him all the best.

Advertisement
2Focusd804, you must be 21. Dude you sound stupid. Dude you must not be from the city. Man if these HS coaches from Miami didnt want these kids to go to the U, the majority of them wouldnt be. You dont think they got power like that? You saw when George Smith locked Nick Saban out of STA when he screwed over the dolphins.

And furthermore, you sleep with Al or something? "Oh Al doesnt know him like we do. He has only been here a few years." LOL. Luke ***** your girl or something? GTFOH. Al is a boss. He doesnt give a ***** about what you think about Luke or your personal views of him. Thanks.

god its like talking to teenagers, what am I saying, you probably are one. so the high school coaches decide which kids go to which colleges now? laugh, what a joke. so, according to your logic anytime a player doesn't sign with miami its on the high school coach? no matter what? so why is Darling and Yearby not going to USF? their high school coach is on staff, how about jo jo robinson? **** homestead has a coach that posts on here, I guess he's to blame that Lane is committed to miami? what about STA coaches? they only want certain kids at miami but not others right? must be why joey bosa gave us not one look. Why are colleges paying big money to get known recruiters on staff?

And yea, its dumb to think that Golden is going to judge Luke off of personal experiences? but wait, Al is a boss right? but he only gets kids if the high school coach wants him there? so which one is it?

and to whoever posted about alex collins, stop acting like you know why he picked Arkansas. It was always reported that Collins like Bielama and staff while at Wisconsin. His going to arkansas can't have anything to do with how the staff runs the ball, feature a RB, play in the hyped of SEC or him having concerns with Miami and potential sanctions.

i dont give two ****s about Luke one way or another but lets be real here:

1. Luke is a big fan of Miami, you can't really dispute that

Yeah sure he is. I'll dispute that claim forever.

"If he were white, being from Miami, he'd be God's gift to America," Campbell said. "If they don't start Ryan Collins, the University of Miami will get the death penalty. I will tell all. I will tell everything I know to the NCAA. If he doesn't go out there for the first play versus UCLA, I'll give you all the violations from 1986 to last year. As of now, I don't know anything. I'm stupid. But if Ryan doesn't start, [coach) Butch [Davis) is going to wish he never took that job."

I get what you are saying but I stick by what I said. I think Luke wants miami to win, he just thinks his kids/south florida kids are better than kids around the country and give Miami the best chance to win. Its misguided but I've heard miami fans say a lot of dumb stuff, doesn't mean they aren't true fans, just confused about whats best for the team

Ok, but does Luke help any Asian kids in Liberty City? Thats what Im dying to find out...

Advertisement
Back