Luther Campbell no longer at MNW

Ok I get your point. But at what point are people going to just get over some crap that happened 20 years ago? And clearly, Al has forgiven him for the recent media outbursts so why cant we just get over it? Why keep bringing it up? Calling the guy a racist? You think Al would associate with someone whom he thought was racist? Some of yall are acting like Al is a phuggin idiot I swear. Buddy is sending two of his top players to us. (Burns and Smith) Luke is like most of the fans on this board..When the team is winning he loves Al and its all good. When we are losing, he is in over his head and we should have never given him that extension. All the same.

oh so luke sent those players too us? the coaches didn't recruit them at all huh? GTFOH and since when does Al forgiving somebody means that other people should. I dont hate nor like luke but if I did hate him, you or anybody else forgiving him would have no effect about how I personally feel about them. Also keep in mind that AG has only been here for a few years, he hasn't been apart of miami for all of Luke's **** while people have been fans for all of it so keep that in mind when telling people that they should just get over

Advertisement
I don't think this is a good thing whatsoever, no matter what Luke may of said about AG at times, the dude is a Cane. It's in his blood. Like him or not, he is a Cane.

Every time any of you Uncle Puke puppets make this claim I'm going to post this quote from him because it's one of his many attacks on UM and why I hate him:

"If he were white, being from Miami, he'd be God's gift to America," Campbell said. "If they don't start Ryan Collins, the University of Miami will get the death penalty. I will tell all. I will tell everything I know to the NCAA. If he doesn't go out there for the first play versus UCLA, I'll give you all the violations from 1986 to last year. As of now, I don't know anything. I'm stupid. But if Ryan doesn't start, [coach) Butch [Davis) is going to wish he never took that job."

i dont give two ****s about Luke one way or another but lets be real here:

1. Luke is a big fan of Miami, you can't really dispute that

Yeah sure he is. I'll dispute that claim forever.

"If he were white, being from Miami, he'd be God's gift to America," Campbell said. "If they don't start Ryan Collins, the University of Miami will get the death penalty. I will tell all. I will tell everything I know to the NCAA. If he doesn't go out there for the first play versus UCLA, I'll give you all the violations from 1986 to last year. As of now, I don't know anything. I'm stupid. But if Ryan doesn't start, [coach) Butch [Davis) is going to wish he never took that job."

Ok I get your point. But at what point are people going to just get over some crap that happened 20 years ago? And clearly, Al has forgiven him for the recent media outbursts so why cant we just get over it? Why keep bringing it up? Calling the guy a racist? You think Al would associate with someone whom he thought was racist? Some of yall are acting like Al is a phuggin idiot I swear. Buddy is sending two of his top players to us. (Burns and Smith) Luke is like most of the fans on this board..When the team is winning he loves Al and its all good. When we are losing, he is in over his head and we should have never given him that extension. All the same.

How do you know The Don has forgiven him? Because of some public comments? The Don probably hates his stinking guts and is privately ecstatic that Uncle Puke got greased and is now even less relevant than he already was.

You must not be old enough to remember the Crudup fiasco and Luke trying to extort Butch into starting a black quarterback.

*Ryan Collins was Luke's boy and had issues with Errickson, not Butch.

Crudup's dad was the one who had the publicity with DC, and that was Coker.

If the joke just flew over my head and all that was intentional then bravo. :)

It's late. My bad. Definitely Collins and it was Butch.

Here's Luke's quote:

I have no clue how any Cane fan can read that and have anything positive to say about Luke, ever.

Advertisement
You must not be old enough to remember the Crudup fiasco and Luke trying to extort Butch into starting a black quarterback.

*Ryan Collins was Luke's boy and had issues with Errickson, not Butch.

Crudup's dad was the one who had the publicity with DC, and that was Coker.

If the joke just flew over my head and all that was intentional then bravo. :)

It's late. My bad. Definitely Collins and it was Butch.

Here's Luke's quote:

I have no clue how any Cane fan can read that and have anything positive to say about Luke, ever.

Because they're bigger fans of supporting a black semi-public figure than they are of UM. Real talk. How the fck did Marion Berry get re-elected after getting caught on camera making crack deals? It's a weird world we live in, and, unfortunately, the race stuff will ALWAYS be there.

2Focusd804, you must be 21. Dude you sound stupid. Dude you must not be from the city. Man if these HS coaches from Miami didnt want these kids to go to the U, the majority of them wouldnt be. You dont think they got power like that? You saw when George Smith locked Nick Saban out of STA when he screwed over the dolphins.

And furthermore, you sleep with Al or something? "Oh Al doesnt know him like we do. He has only been here a few years." LOL. Luke ***** your girl or something? GTFOH. Al is a boss. He doesnt give a ***** about what you think about Luke or your personal views of him. Thanks.

Let's not forget about this gem...

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2012/10/donna_shalala_is_running_hurri.php

or this one...

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2013/02/university_of_miami_abandoning.php

or this one...

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2011/10/jacory_harris_deserves_credit.php

or this one...

191.jpg

or these tweets

LUTHER R CAMPBELL ‏@unclelukereal1
Some UM fans an Radio talk show host r ok with UM getting beat as long as the coach ant black.

Negative Recruiting...

LUTHER R CAMPBELL ‏@unclelukereal1 13h
UM FANS YOU WANT THE TOP PLAYER'S TO COME TO THE U. DO YOU PART BUY TICKETS TO THE GAME GIVE THE KIDS A REAL COLLEGE GAME EXPERIENCE

1234fifth ‏@chasumadre 13h
@unclelukereal1 you're a fake *** U fan
Details

LUTHER R CAMPBELL ‏@unclelukereal1 13h
@chasumadre you just don't like me because I was down with the black Coach. Say it I bet you don't like the heat either

Chad Thomas
The Cold Loner ‏@F5_Chad 13h
It's true, compared to other colleges, UM games be like high school games. @unclelukereal1

The Cold Loner ‏@F5_Chad 12h
Really don't care about the fans showing up or not though, as long as we win, and the school is up an running the next day. ����.

Advertisement

couldn't have said it better. He's a hot head without a filter and doesn't think about how some of the things he says, but he's a guy who became famous for glorifying *** on records not a University professor. One of his biggest problems is that he gets to caught up with sfl kids especially the ones he has a personal connection to and sometimes thinks they are better than they are and will go overboard about any perceived slight he thinks they are receiving. Dude does it with all his kids, **** he was threatening FSU last year because they weren't playing Freeman early in the season; not because they were FSU and f all things FSU, but because he felt they were mistreating one of his kids.

Does it **** me off when he goes off the deep end. Of course, but it ****es me off when any of our "fans" including the ones on this site dog the coach or the kids on the team (like those that act like Dukes resume isn't good enough to work at Walmart as a greeter smh). Those things are just as negative as the things Luke says. I know for a fact kids have read some of the disparaging things guys were posting about not only them, but coaches, and the program and just had to brush it off. Same thing they do with stuff Luke says.

I'll never run around trying advocate for people to like the guy, but the wishing him death is just BS. I don't expect guys here to care about anything outside of UM, but there is a world outside of UM football. That dude has helped tons of kids over two decades that most here can give two craps about because they never suited up for Miami. Having been one of those kids 20 some odd years ago I know the good work he's done without anything in return for it. So I guess y'all can neg me as a Luke apologist .

Franchise, you are right I dont know. ****, we are all speculating. Like I said, if you dont like Luke, fine. But Al gave the man love when he technically didnt have to. We all know when Al doesnt like you he aint gonna pretend. (Will Muschamp). He is a BOSS.

Advertisement

oh so luke sent those players too us? the coaches didn't recruit them at all huh? GTFOH and since when does Al forgiving somebody means that other people should. I dont hate nor like luke but if I did hate him, you or anybody else forgiving him would have no effect about how I personally feel about them. Also keep in mind that AG has only been here for a few years, he hasn't been apart of miami for all of Luke's **** while people have been fans for all of it so keep that in mind when telling people that they should just get over

Coaches RECRUITED Alex Collins as well, and look at where his COACH/Mentor pushed him to(Arkansas).had Luke been Alexs coach instead of Gartwood, He would be at UM. Like others have said, if Luke had some "agenda" against Golden and the UM football program. Artie Burns would not be at UM, Mike Smith, and Ryan Mayes would NOT be committed. So your little argument about "the coaches didn't recruit them at all huh" really doesnt mean a **** thing. Saban, Pruitt, Jimbo, Eddie Gran, Miles, Shannon, Db coach from lsu ALL RECRUITED Burns at some point. ****ng Dvonta Freeman would've been a cane if Golden had been hired sooner giving him more TIME to recruit the 2011 class.

On top of Luke letting Golden and staff KNOW about alot of these Kids before any other BIG time program, He has also HELPED some of those same kids numerous times. Wether it be a financial thing, getting something to eat, having a place to sleep, etc.... But according to You and other posters Luke hasn't helped UM in ANY way. When in reality he has done MORE for the UM football program, as well as past/present players than almost anyone on here.

Franchise, you are right I dont know. ****, we are all speculating. Like I said, if you dont like Luke, fine. But Al gave the man love when he technically didnt have to. We all know when Al doesnt like you he aint gonna pretend. (Will Muschamp). He is a BOSS.

The Don plays the game with the best of them. He can **** all over Muschump because he's not a local HS corch or a local influence peddler. He can't do that with Uncle Puke.

Advertisement
Dumb fanbase is dumb.. Luther's problem is he loves the University so much that he expects us to win all the time and get whoever we want recruit wise in SFL like it's the UM he was apart of in the late 80's.. He's all about the U and pushes kids to UM all the time. You can thank him for Burns and Yearby. He got Burns to rethink his decision and talked to Burns mom. Yearby is here because of Coach Coley and Luther but he was already slipping with FSU way before Coley got here because Luke got in his ear. Luke tried Like **** to get Devonte Freeman to Miami even had him stay with him for a little bit to watch him. Shannon wouldn't offer and when Golden got here Freeman was already set to Enroll at FSU a week or 2 after Golden was hired..

Last edited:
Luke isn't racist and lol at fans still upset over Luke's comments. I remember when Ice and SFL coaches hated the white coach from the north and we would never get another BTW kid again.

This. Golden pulled Kirk ands offer, and somehow that's Luke and ices fault lol. Golden HOMERISM has gotten WAYYYY out of hand. Chad Thomas, Ryan Mayes, DJ, and Mike Smith all commmited. Artie Burns.....Luke letting golden know about Amari, Ice and his staff having to persuade Matt Thomas to actually pick up PHONE CALLS from UM. However according to multiple posters none of that stuff counts, ice and Luke are racist and agenda driven against Golden THEY say.

Man Ive agreed with you a bunch in the past but I think you are being biased here. First and foremost I do not reside in Miami, so excuse me if I am off on all the details of everything. The Kirkland situation was messed up but it seemed pretty clear and cut for me. Here is what I do know, Miami and its fans(according to all types of people on different Miami sites including ones on this site) were under the impression that Kirkland was gonna end up at Miami. On the flip side FSU fans were running around laughing at us and saying that Kirkland was gonna end up a Nole just like M Thomas. Then out of the blue, we hire FSU's ace in the hole S Florida recruiter as our new OC and within a weeks time, not only did the Kirkland sage unfold but reality set in that Thomas wasnt coming here. Using deductive logic and what we heard from others, it was clear that Thomas and Kirkland were FSU silents and Coley gave us this info. Why else would Al have done what he did? It makes no sense whatsoever. You say that Ice persuaded Thomas to pick up the phone when Miami called, but why did the staff think Thomas was coming for so long as reported by posters like Pete and others? If it was all gravey why the confusion as it related to the staff? When that all goes down Luke goes on a rant against the staff that came off very racially driven.

I think both Ice and Luke do love Miami but their actions at times show otherwise as they did last recruiting cycle. Im gonna give Ice credit for D Jackson, that was a great heads up, gotte give credit when it is apparent that credit is due, but Im gonna call BS when it looks and smells like BS and the Kirkland situation was BS. Maybe Luke has a weird way about him, but his words and actions last cycle were really detrimental to Miami and we were being laughed at by our rivals. I will give Luke or Ice credit when it is due but I just cant ignore it when they do things that are not only head scratchers but outright shots at the program.

Lol, Do people still actually believe that Kirkland committed to both schools and then Coley came in and saved the day? Lets say this is true(Which it's not) then why did Golden wait until signing day to offer Uschool LB Skai Moore? Why did Golden wait a couple weeks to pull his offer? Most canes fans wanted to believe that Thomas was coming even though everything he did showed otherwise. Its funny how stories change on recruiting sites after just a few months.

Let's not forget about this gem...

Chad Thomas
The Cold Loner ‏@F5_Chad 13h
It's true, compared to other colleges, UM games be like high school games. @unclelukereal1

The Cold Loner ‏@F5_Chad 12h
Really don't care about the fans showing up or not though, as long as we win, and the school is up an running the next day. ����.

First LoL at you for going someone twitter history. I guess its only okay to talk **** about Donna or Miami coaching staff if you use hide behind a user name on a message board. Good thing no one on this site has talked **** about Donna, Golden, Franklin, Coach D, Highsmith, Jedd, Jacorey etc.

Golden should drop Chad Thomas for talking bad about Canes fans attendance.

Last edited:
He has tweeted that he was informed today that his services were no longer needed at Miami Northwestern.

I know there will be sarcastic posts about it, but he is not the issue there. That defense has been very good the last few years and you can tell they were very well-coached on that side of the ball.

el oh el. If he's not the issue, why'd he get fired? cmon, Pete, be smarter than this.

Oh God Make it stop! Smh. I swear some of you trip me out. Here is what I dont understand..First off, to the posters who hate Luke and wish he catches the Aids virus and dies a slow death..You say you hate Luke because of all the stuff he has "done to Al" and how he turns on the program blah blah blah..But Al has PUBLICLY made his peace with Luke and according to many here who have went to camps say they are visually Cool. Hugged on two different occasions at the camps he went to last summer. No bad blood. So what the F is your problem? Al gave us the okay to be cool with Luke. Sounds like alot of you have personal problems with Luke.

If that is the case, then F it just say so. I dont care. But dont hide behind the fact that he "did Al wrong and disrespected Al". Yall sound like some middle school kids who still want to fight the rival crew even after the beef has been squashed just because you feel like fighting.

Im not even gonna touch the racist comments. Some of you throw that word around here as often as you say "neg". I dont think some of you know what the word racist means. A racist WOULD NOT work for a white coach. (Stephen Field) Sorry to tell ya.

Yall need to get over that Ryan Collins/Frank Costa crap. Frank Costa sucked. We all know it. Ryan should have AND WAS given a shot and just like DCrudup he blew it and looked worse then the starter. And guess what? Frank got the job back and Luke shut his mouth. Case closed. So get over it!

And on a side note..If you idiots really believe Luke would have played "Nevin Shapiro" and ratted on the entire program and brought it down (Kinda like Dan LeBatard did) you guys must not be over the age of 30 or you are not from South Florida. Luke loves this program like Michael Irvin. It was a stupid bluff. Should he have done it? No. But anybody who knows anything about this prgm knows that Luke would not have done that. If would have slit his own wrist first. Period.

Luke played the race card in the media to try to extort the program into starting a player because he was black. That has nothing to do with whether or not he was willing to actually follow through on his ridiculous threat. He publicly injected race into a situation that had nothing to do with race. Collins' dad, in fact, was irate at Luke for using his son as a pawn. It was totally uncalled for and it hurt the program. It made Butch's job that much harder. I can look at Al Golden's life and what he represents and very safely give him the benefit of the doubt. Luke, not so much. If the guy wants to be a leader of men, like Al has proven to be, then he needs to mature. He needs to stop using race, whether expressly or tacitly, as leverage. And he needs to understand how to think before he talks to the media. It's that simple.

This. He always injects race into the arguement and likes to stir the pot. He is divisive and the fact that he can criticize UM to the extent he does while at the same time (or out of the other side of his mouth), can play nice in the media to UM (dutifully sending his kids to AG's camps, etc) shows how duplicitous he is. I'm sure AG doesn't trust him farther than he can throw him and appears to be keeping an arm's length relationship with that **** stirrer....which is good.

He's a scumbag, and I hate him. He must have become a very divisive force, and Coach Field had to get rid of him. Guys like him always fck **** up for themselves with their big mouths.

Pretty much.

He has tweeted that he was informed today that his services were no longer needed at Miami Northwestern.

I know there will be sarcastic posts about it, but he is not the issue there. That defense has been very good the last few years and you can tell they were very well-coached on that side of the ball.

el oh el. If he's not the issue, why'd he get fired? cmon, Pete, be smarter than this.

Oh God Make it stop! Smh. I swear some of you trip me out. Here is what I dont understand..First off, to the posters who hate Luke and wish he catches the Aids virus and dies a slow death..You say you hate Luke because of all the stuff he has "done to Al" and how he turns on the program blah blah blah..But Al has PUBLICLY made his peace with Luke and according to many here who have went to camps say they are visually Cool. Hugged on two different occasions at the camps he went to last summer. No bad blood. So what the F is your problem? Al gave us the okay to be cool with Luke. Sounds like alot of you have personal problems with Luke.

If that is the case, then F it just say so. I dont care. But dont hide behind the fact that he "did Al wrong and disrespected Al". Yall sound like some middle school kids who still want to fight the rival crew even after the beef has been squashed just because you feel like fighting.

Im not even gonna touch the racist comments. Some of you throw that word around here as often as you say "neg". I dont think some of you know what the word racist means. A racist WOULD NOT work for a white coach. (Stephen Field) Sorry to tell ya.

Yall need to get over that Ryan Collins/Frank Costa crap. Frank Costa sucked. We all know it. Ryan should have AND WAS given a shot and just like DCrudup he blew it and looked worse then the starter. And guess what? Frank got the job back and Luke shut his mouth. Case closed. So get over it!

And on a side note..If you idiots really believe Luke would have played "Nevin Shapiro" and ratted on the entire program and brought it down (Kinda like Dan LeBatard did) you guys must not be over the age of 30 or you are not from South Florida. Luke loves this program like Michael Irvin. It was a stupid bluff. Should he have done it? No. But anybody who knows anything about this prgm knows that Luke would not have done that. If would have slit his own wrist first. Period.

Luke played the race card in the media to try to extort the program into starting a player because he was black. That has nothing to do with whether or not he was willing to actually follow through on his ridiculous threat. He publicly injected race into a situation that had nothing to do with race. Collins' dad, in fact, was irate at Luke for using his son as a pawn. It was totally uncalled for and it hurt the program. It made Butch's job that much harder. I can look at Al Golden's life and what he represents and very safely give him the benefit of the doubt. Luke, not so much. If the guy wants to be a leader of men, like Al has proven to be, then he needs to mature. He needs to stop using race, whether expressly or tacitly, as leverage. And he needs to understand how to think before he talks to the media. It's that simple.

This. He always injects race into the arguement and likes to stir the pot. He is divisive and the fact that he can criticize UM to the extent he does while at the same time (or out of the other side of his mouth), can playing nice in the media to UM and dutifully sending his kids to AG's camps shows how duplicitous he is. I'm sure AG doesn't trust him farther than he can throw him and appears to be keeping an arm's length relationship with that **** stirrer....which is good.

He's a scumbag, and I hate him. He must have become a very divisive force, and Coach Field had to get rid of him. Guys like him always fck **** up for themselves with their big mouths.

Pretty much.

Was Kehoe the issue when Coker fired him?

Advertisement
Back