LU, what are your thoughts on our defense?

Donofrio is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Our secondary cannot cover man to man, period. And our defensive line, which was thin to begin with, has been decimated by injuries.

Advertisement
Without question the jury is still out on coach D. But the verdict has been rendered on the talent issue. We have very little of on the defensive side. Our 3 best players are Spence and then 2 freshmen(Perryman,Chick).

If it was all a schematic issue, then explain how we thwarted GT? Preparing for that offense is prolly more difficult than going against the spread offense. Coach D, wisley moved Spence to the middle and brought in the better tackler in Perryman. The starter( Micanor Nuttcracker) was suspened and his backup played lights out.

I troubled that we allow average QB's to look great. But that happened under Coker/Shanno and Shannon/___insert DC name.

TeamSports what was your username on Canestime/Grassy?

Its pretty obvious you are trolling or lack some simplistic concepts.

I find it shocking that none of the cb's have an interception through 9 games...maybe that's a result of lack of pressure from the front four.

Advertisement
Without question the jury is still out on coach D. But the verdict has been rendered on the talent issue. We have very little of on the defensive side. Our 3 best players are Spence and then 2 freshmen(Perryman,Chick).

If it was all a schematic issue, then explain how we thwarted GT? Preparing for that offense is prolly more difficult than going against the spread offense. Coach D, wisley moved Spence to the middle and brought in the better tackler in Perryman. The starter( Micanor Nuttcracker) was suspened and his backup played lights out.

I troubled that we allow average QB's to look great. But that happened under Coker/Shanno and Shannon/___insert DC name.

The one thing that concerns me is that there aren't even young players that have playmaker written all over them at DB. I like the young talent at DL and LB, but with the exception of maybe Finnie I'm not sold on any of our CB or S becoming game changers.

Rendered by who?

Preparing for a triple option offense is different than preparing for a pro style or spread attack. If any decent DC see's your cb's lined up 10-15 yards off and bailing they'll do exactly what Maryland did the whole first half and that's hit you with quick hitters to wideouts.

What simplistic concepts? Man to man (wr vs wb) vs man to man (mlb vs rb)? You're the one who thinks they're one in the same. They aren't.

Our DB's being lined up 10-15 and bailing? Why do you think Maryland killed us with quick hitters to wr's in the first half? Do you understand the term "bailing"?

Advertisement
Pretty hard to get INTs when you're running 5 yards behind the guy you're supposed to be covering.

Can you give some examples? i don't recall any of our db's being 5 yards behind the guy their suppose to be covering. Alot of the times they're 15 yards off the line when the ball is snapped.

TeamSports is either:

Bei1052
Cityboycane
MiamiNights

All of them were Shannon slurpers. All of them were ranting and raving about our CBs playing 10 yards off the LOS. We still have the stink of Shannon's culture and recruiting failures permeating this program and these geniuses were scapegoating Golden.

TeamSports is either:

Bei1052
Cityboycane
MiamiNights

All of them were Shannon slurpers. All of them were ranting and raving about our CBs playing 10 yards off the LOS. We still have the stink of Shannon's culture and recruiting failures permeating this program and these geniuses were scapegoating Golden.

Good guess

Anyone know if Coach D runs any man coverage with the personnel suitable for it. Or is it just not part of his scheme at all.

Advertisement
Clowns please I'm right here. Sports is right. Alot of our issues on defense are non-talent issues. LMAO at yall ****'s asking for specifics. Most of yall don't know what the **** is going on when you watch a dam game.

hawaiicane is prolly cb21- techtalker -jtkosh etc.

Anyone know if Coach D runs any man coverage with the personnel suitable for it. Or is it just not part of his scheme at all.

Judging from what he did at temple he played man on third downs and blitzed. UV obviously picked up on this elementary tendancy as they exploited us twice.

Clowns please I'm right here. Sports is right. Alot of our issues on defense are non-talent issues. LMAO at yall ****'s asking for specifics. Most of yall don't know what the **** is going on when you watch a dam game.

hawaiicane is prolly cb21- techtalker -jtkosh etc.

At least you don't slink around like some of those other Shannon losers, only showing up when Golden loses and disappearing when he wins. :nelsonhaha:

So tell me, bruh, where is this "talent" that we supposedly have on defense? Name me one stud, playmaker type, outside of Sean Spence. Come on, dont be shy now.

Advertisement
I have been interested in hearing your thoughts for a while but it seems you were not around a lot on Grassy.

Are there schematic flaws in Coach D's defense, or is he simply trying to cover up too many problem areas?

This.

Forget about scheme for a second. IMO the proof lies in the evidence that has nothing to do with scheme. What does scheme have to do with d-linemen who can't rush the passer? I doubt we're scheming DEs to get swallowed up by o-lineman. I doubt we're scheming LBs to stick to blockers like magnets and whiff on tackles. I doubt we're scheming CBs to let the WR get separation on them.

And if the problem is scheme, I don't think it has anything to do with the mechanics of the scheme. I think it has more to do with the fact that NOBODY on the roster knows it. There are no Seniors who have been in the scheme fore 3 years who can impart wisdom to the incoming guys.

It's going to take some time. I think we'll see marked improvement next year.

This.

Forget about scheme for a second. IMO the proof lies in the evidence that has nothing to do with scheme. What does scheme have to do with d-linemen who can't rush the passer? I doubt we're scheming DEs to get swallowed up by o-lineman. I doubt we're scheming LBs to stick to blockers like magnets and whiff on tackles. I doubt we're scheming CBs to let the WR get separation on them.

And if the problem is scheme, I don't think it has anything to do with the mechanics of the scheme. I think it has more to do with the fact that NOBODY on the roster knows it. There are no Seniors who have been in the scheme fore 3 years who can impart wisdom to the incoming guys.

If you have d-lineman who can't rushg the passer who's fault is that? Mind you some of these same players played on last years team that led the nation in TFL's and was top 10 in sacks. Those same players look worse this year.

LOL at scheming to let WR's get separation from them. 9 times out of ten we're playing off wr's.

Brody Holk doesn't seem to have a problem @ Michigan improving their defense.

This.

I think it's more about attitude. Our players are just soft and mentally weak. They've been raised that way for four years now. We lack talent in key areas like LB and CB outside of Spence, but it all comes down to our players being instilled with a culture of weakness. Schemes or even lack of talent has nothing to do with why we got rolled by Bethune Cookman...that is all on the players halfassing it like theyve been taught for four years now.

That is Golden's biggest challenge. That is why he is preaching toughness above all else. Lunch pail versus ticket punchers. We get that fixed with the new Golden kids, and this program will explode.

If you have d-lineman who can't rushg the passer who's fault is that? Mind you some of these same players played on last years team that led the nation in TFL's and was top 10 in sacks. Those same players look worse this year.

LOL at scheming to let WR's get separation from them. 9 times out of ten we're playing off wr's.

Brody Holk doesn't seem to have a problem @ Michigan improving their defense.

Typical Shannon slurper. Who cares about TFLs and sacks, genius. Those stats are for chumps and geeks. Did you watch this defense last year? We were HORRIBLE when we really needed them to step up. That defense lost SIX games last year.

Advertisement
Back