LSU - UCF Fiesta Bowl

It is about matchup, last year we bodied Syracuse and people used that to say we would beat Clemson cause they lost to Syracuse then got bodied by Clemson to no surprise by the people who wouldnt get fooled by that dumb ****. Anyone can beat Miami this season cause we cant do anything on offense which leaves anyone in the game, UCF cant outscheme everyone they have little NFL talent. If they play someone with NFL talent they can win but if they did that on a weekly basis they would not be undefeated.

So what you're saying is, we can't respect UCF as a Playoff team, because hypothetically speaking, they would lose if they played a team that out talented them on a weekly basis. Not accounting for the fact that they would probably have better recruits if they were in the P5.

Advertisement
Also this just proves my 2nd point. If a G5 team needs to play a P5 schedule to be considered worthy of a CFP spot, then why the fvck are they even in the NCAA Div1 in the first place? Like I said above, it's crazy that UCF, or any G5 school has to predict 2-3 non-conference teams who will be good in 2-4 years (because I'm sure we all know by now they are made in advance) just to have a chance at being ranked in the top 5. I'm not going to sit here and ride UCF's dck and boast them up more cuz I'm not a "well if Canes lose I'll cheer for another Florida team" type of guy. But its ridiculous that the G5 is still considered apart of the NCAA Div 1 and falls under NCAA guidelines and rules but can't have a team who hasn't lost in 2 years be apart of the NCAA playoffs.

Agree.

CFP just needs to acknowledge G5 teams can't make it, and ask them to just be happy getting a New Year's Six bowl. Because that's their ceiling. 2 straight seasons of being undefeated is real deal stuff!

But no way they (or any other G5 team) can get enough quality P5 teams to schedule them. And their one-off wins will ALWAYS be discounted.

With the committee using the "4-best" theme instead of the "4-most deserving", the bar is impossibly high.

Advertisement
So what you're saying is, we can't respect UCF as a Playoff team, because hypothetically speaking, they would lose if they played a team that out talented them on a weekly basis. Not accounting for the fact that they would probably have better recruits if they were in the P5.
Being in the location they are in they would have similar problems as us if they were power 5. When u recruit with the big boys and strike out against us uf fsu bama uga lsu etc. You start running around with your head cutt off looking for plan d's. Of course it would affect them then there record wouldnt be undefeated then they cant sell wins thus getting plan d's and staying irrelevant.

At the end of the day we’ll never really know. Unless UCF or any of these other G5 schools that get on a hot streak get into a P5 conference there’s NO WAY they’ll ever get enough quality P5 games. Even if it was a 1 game deal on the road, many P5 schools would be scared to schedule that game. Getting into a P5 conference is there ONLY chance at sustained success (not talking undefeated, but 10-11 win seasons with some mid P5 wins).

I feel for them, but it is what it is. I like the idea of just creating another division or whatever fo the G5 teams so there’s none of this BS discussion.

At the end of the day we’ll never really know. Unless UCF or any of these other G5 schools that get on a hot streak get into a P5 conference there’s NO WAY they’ll ever get enough quality P5 games. Even if it was a 1 game deal on the road, many P5 schools would be scared to schedule that game. Getting into a P5 conference is there ONLY chance at sustained success (not talking undefeated, but 10-11 win seasons with some mid P5 wins).

I feel for them, but it is what it is. I like the idea of just creating another division or whatever fo the G5 teams so there’s none of this BS discussion.
There's the "scared" again. Smh

There's the "scared" again. Smh

How else would you explain it then?? Do you think UCF’s AD is not trying to schedule these games just so they can run the table?? Look at their future schedule, they have P5 games scheduled, just not the powerhouses. I’ll agree with whoever said it earlier, they just need to bite the bullet and do the 1 away game deal. outside of that, not much else they can do unless they get in a P5 conference, where they have to play the conference teams.

Advertisement
Being in the location they are in they would have similar problems as us if they were power 5. When u recruit with the big boys and strike out against us uf fsu bama uga lsu etc. You start running around with your head cutt off looking for plan d's. Of course it would affect them then there record wouldnt be undefeated then they cant sell wins thus getting plan d's and staying irrelevant.

I wish just as much as you that UCF (and USF though) would just join a P-5 conference and kill all the noise but it just ain't happening. But I cant agree that if we threw them in a P5 conference that their recruiting wouldn't improve.

I'm starting to think the SEC wants ucf to join, they keep matching them up for bowl games.

Advertisement
If UCF beats LSU after beating Auburn last year - then expect the playoffs to get expanded from 4 teams to 8 teams pretty quickly.

If UCF beats LSU after beating Auburn last year - then expect the playoffs to get expanded from 4 teams to 8 teams pretty quickly.

I don't want an 8 team playoff because then it's easier for 2 loss teams to be in it. 2 loss teams don't deserve to play for the NC.

I wish just as much as you that UCF (and USF though) would just join a P-5 conference and kill all the noise but it just ain't happening. But I cant agree that if we threw them in a P5 conference that their recruiting wouldn't improve.

Everything is relative here. IF UCF gets in a P5, yes their recruiting would certainly improve because they would have much more resources from the conference affiliation alone. If players know they could be in the CFP if they run the table that opens up the board for the, recruiting wise. But as mostly everyone has mentioned they would play a MUCH tougher schedule week to week, so it would be interesting to see the net effect of those two factors. Certainly they would need a few years to upgrade the roster with higher caliber players (yes they should get a transition period before being fully judged).

To me the big difference with UCF is the AD. He’s young and hungry. He comes from a family with deep ties in college athletics, so he understands what needs to be done. As long as he isn’t poached by a P5 school I’d have more confidence in him then Blake James in making big time decisions.

Advertisement
Everything is relative here. IF UCF gets in a P5, yes their recruiting would certainly improve because they would have much more resources from the conference affiliation alone. If players know they could be in the CFP if they run the table that opens up the board for the, recruiting wise. But as mostly everyone has mentioned they would play a MUCH tougher schedule week to week, so it would be interesting to see the net effect of those two factors. Certainly they would need a few years to upgrade the roster with higher caliber players (yes they should get a transition period before being fully judged).

To me the big difference with UCF is the AD. He’s young and hungry. He comes from a family with deep ties in college athletics, so he understands what needs to be done. As long as he isn’t poached by a P5 school I’d have more confidence in him then Blake James in making big time decisions.

Yeah, it's sad how much better this AD is in comparison to Miami. His coach is 12-0 in his first season, 2nd with the team, and he hasn't prematurely extended his contract or anything like Flake has done. Still, you have to wonder why UCF hasn't rode the wave and lobbied to join the ACC or SEC.

UCF, lost their QB, give the points +6 is a gift.LSU athletically is on par with Bama.
offensively Emmsinger as OC leaves a lot to be desired.....

How else would you explain it then?? Do you think UCF’s AD is not trying to schedule these games just so they can run the table?? Look at their future schedule, they have P5 games scheduled, just not the powerhouses. I’ll agree with whoever said it earlier, they just need to bite the bullet and do the 1 away game deal. outside of that, not much else they can do unless they get in a P5 conference, where they have to play the conference teams.
Yes, their AD COULD get these kinds of games scheduled but refuses to do so unless it's a home and away. It's my understanding they turned down a deal with UF for 2 in Gainesville in one in Orlando. Well, if you're not willing to do whatever it takes to get games needed to make the playoffs, then stop crying about not having any ability to get there.

No, I don't think any major P5 programs are "scared" to schedule UCF.

Advertisement
Back