LSU - UCF Fiesta Bowl

That wasn't the question. If UCF loses they are still 25-1 with a win over the same team that both National Championship teams. People said Auburn was going to destroy UCF. People said Auburn would shut them out and that "all that gimmick stuff won't work against a real team". UCF beats them and the excuse machine is fully loaded to defend a 11-2 SEC team.

So, miss me with what won't happen and answer the question. IF, UCF does win, for the 26th straight time, against an LSU squad. Will it be dismissed again?
You're looking at it way too extreme. I don't think anyone "dismissed" the Auburn win. ****, no one would be talking about UCF the way they do if they hadn't won that game. Yes, I'm fully aware that many put forth the narrative that Auburn didn't want to be there. While even I agree there is a slight aspect of that (though, IMO, the more important consideration is the concept of "getting up" for one game vs having to do it 7 or 8 times during the season which is a massive difference), I myself never used that to take away the credit UCF fully deserved for winning that game. They played great that night! They didn't get lucky, they beat them handedly and it was **** impressive. Anyone with any CFB intelligence at all wasn't arguing UCF wasn't good last year (or this year), they just don't agree with the ridiculous bluster from the Knight faithful that they are some football powerhouse. Unfortunately, their fans took it to such an extreme level that it turned many people off, myself included. THEY are the ones who polarized it.

Again, it isn't about that win getting "dismissed". It is the fact that win doesn't therefore mean UCF in 2018 is one of the best 4 teams in the country, even after going undefeated again. If UCF had beat Auburn in the regular season, they would have gone to the playoff last year. But their regular season resume stunk, and they didn't deserve to be invited to the playoff as a result. Same with this year. If they beat LSU I will be even more impressed, and if I had to do a year-end poll after that I would definitely put them in my top 4. But they still didn't warrant a playoff invite this season based on regular season resume.

Having said all that, I think LSU will trounce them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You're looking at it way too extreme. I don't think anyone "dismissed" the Auburn win. ****, no one would be talking about UCF the way they do if they hadn't won that game. Yes, I'm fully aware that many put forth the narrative that Auburn didn't want to be there. While even I agree there is a slight aspect of that, I myself never used that to take away the credit UCF fully deserved for winning that game. They played great that night! They didn't get lucky, they beat them handedly and it was **** impressive.

It isn't about that win getting "dismissed". It is the fact that win doesn't therefore mean UCF in 2018 is one of the best 4 teams in the country, even after going undefeated again. If UCF had beat Auburn in the regular season, they would have gone to the playoff last year. But their regular season resume stunk, and they didn't deserve to be invited to the playoff as a result. Same with this year. If they beat LSU I will be even more impressed, and if I had to do a year-end poll after that I would definitely put them in my top 4. But they still didn't warrant a playoff invite this season based on regular season resume.

Having said all that, I think LSU will trounce them.

No way I could argue this point, and I'd have to completely agree.

I'm more so concerned with the amount of people dismissing the magnitude of what they have done because they aren't in a P-5. I'm also siding with the G-5 commissioner's here, where the CFP committee refuses to just flat out say that they won't allow a G-5 team into the playoffs. Everyone won't have a championship team for more than a year. Heck, Urban Meyer won the Natty at 13-1 in 06, then went 9-4 the next year with UF. It's stupid that a G5 team has to:
-Find at least 2 QUALITY P-5 teams that are willing to pay for UCF to beat them in their own house. Because they'll likely laugh at the idea of playing @UCF.
-Hope the stars align to where they actually have a team who "appears, because I'm NOT saying they are" capable of winning the championship.
-Blow out all their regular competition, including their rivals so that people can't point at why they won't belong.

No matter their out of conference schedule, there is not 1 team in the P-5 who will be left out the playoffs if they went undefeated. At what point does the G-5 get a chance at saying they are the best without having to predict who will be a 10 win blue blood?

Even if they beat LSU, it does NOT mean they can run through an entire SEC schedule. One game does not a season make. A schedule like that does not deserve reward, even if they win them all. Enough of this, "They did what they had to do." No. If they did what they had to do, they would schedule some tougher teams and prove they belong in the playoffs by beating those teams. Loading up on cupcakes during the regular season doesn't deserve playoff consideration. I don't care if they win 100 in a row. As long as 95 of those games are against crap teams, they don't deserve playoff consideration.
And there go the excuses lol

No way I could argue this point, and I'd have to completely agree.

I'm more so concerned with the amount of people dismissing the magnitude of what they have done because they aren't in a P-5. I'm also siding with the G-5 commissioner's here, where the CFP committee refuses to just flat out say that they won't allow a G-5 team into the playoffs. Everyone won't have a championship team for more than a year. Heck, Urban Meyer won the Natty at 13-1 in 06, then went 9-4 the next year with UF. It's stupid that a G5 team has to:
-Find at least 2 QUALITY P-5 teams that are willing to pay for UCF to beat them in their own house. Because they'll likely laugh at the idea of playing @UCF.
-Hope the stars align to where they actually have a team who "appears, because I'm NOT saying they are" capable of winning the championship.
-Blow out all their regular competition, including their rivals so that people can't point at why they won't belong.

No matter their out of conference schedule, there is not 1 team in the P-5 who will be left out the playoffs if they went undefeated. At what point does the G-5 get a chance at saying they are the best without having to predict who will be a 10 win blue blood?
Well said, man. Very valid points. Best I've ever seen that argument articulated in fact. Most just say "The current system won't allow a G5 school in". Thats not true. Houston in 2016 would have been in if they hadn't lost to Navy (and they lost a second time as well). There are some pretty massive P5 schools scheduled in the next couple years vs AAC teams as well. Those teams run that schedule and they'd likely be in. So it's not that they can "never" get in, but you broke it down really well which definitely gets to the conclusion that so much has to perfectly aline for it to happen that the end result is almost the same.

I guess the only solution is to increase the playoff field (which Im not a big fan of) or let G5 schools have their own playoff system.

I will say i have grown really weary of this UCF cant get teams to play them argument (which of course their fanboys spin to mean "all p5 teams are afraid to play us", a great example of the crap that has turned people off like I referenced above). Though i don't spend my time researching the details of UCF football, it is my understanding they COULD get games vs marquee p5 teams but their AD wont take it unless its a home and away. I heard they turned down a deal with UF for two games in gainesville and one in orlando. While I get that may seem unfair, it appears to me that UCF needs to decide what is important to them. If they want a shot at the playoff, wins over teams like UF in the regular season is exactly what they need. So bite the bullet like boise and tcu and utah and even fresno did in the past and go play the games, even if only a road trip. Or dont and clutch on to principle, but then don't b-tch that the current system doesnt give you a chance.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Well said, man. Very valid points. Best I've ever seen that argument articulated in fact. Most just say "The current system won't allow a G5 school in". Thats not true. Houston in 2016 would have been in if they hadn't lost to Navy (and they lost a second time as well). There are some pretty massive P5 schools scheduled in the next couple years vs AAC teams as well. Those teams run that schedule and they'd likely be in. So it's not that they can "never" get in, but you broke it down really well which definitely gets to the conclusion that so much has to perfectly aline for it to happen that the end result is almost the same.

I guess the only solution is to increase the playoff field (which Im not a big fan of) or let G5 schools have their own playoff system.

I will say i have grown really wary of this UCF cant get teams to play them argument (which of course their fanboys spin to mean "all p5 teams are afraid to play us", a great example of the crap that has turned people off like I referenced above). Though i don't spend my time researching the details of UCF football, it is my understanding they COULD get games vs marquee p5 teams but their AD wont take it unless its a home and away. I heard they turned down a deal with UF for two games in gainesville and one in orlando. While I get that may seem unfair, it appears to me that UCF needs to decide what is important to them. If they want a shot at the playoff, wins over teams like UF in the regular season is exactly what they need. So bite the bullet like boise and tcu and utah and even fresno did in the past and go play the games, even if only a road trip. Or dont and clutch on to principle, but then don't b-tch that the current system doesnt give you a chance.

I think I heard the same rumor but didn't actually research it myself either. However, if you replace Florida's worse win of the season (53-6 win against an FCS team) and replace it with a game against UCF instead (likely would be playing UCF instead of Idaho but this is best case scenario).
You have UCF with a win over 8-4 UF, in the same year that UF lost to UK for the first time in ...30 years? With a first year head coach. I'm certain they could diminish that UCF win and be ranked 7th behind OSU, and in front of Michigan if they were 13-0 with a win over UF instead of 12-0 with the canceled UNC game. Pretty ****** predicament. But I'm forced to also agree that I dont understand how teams wouldn't want to play in Orlando, outside of knowing that they get nothing out of a win against a hopefully decent G-5 squad.

If Milton was playing, I'd give LSU 6 points. Without him, they're too one dimensional. The Mack kid at QB isn't 1/4 the passer that Milton is. I think LSU wins but it's not a blowout.

If LSU's offense wasn't Miami-esque, I'd say LSU wins big.

Advertisement
They wont sleepwalk its a Louisiana thing vs a Florida thing, they should be woke for this game like they were against us

My man...UCF used and abused Auburn to the point that a player with no left hand got his draft profile boosted.
I just asked a simple question. IF...IF UCF handles business (because I can't call it an upset considering UCF is undefeated and ranked higher)..then what will be the excuse?

My man...UCF used and abused Auburn to the point that a player with no left hand got his draft profile boosted.
I just asked a simple question. IF...IF UCF handles business (because I can't call it an upset considering UCF is undefeated and ranked higher)..then what will be the excuse?
If they won to me they are a good team, there a good team now and last season. If they win great but if they had a regular schedule p5 sched they would have gotten losses period no matter what anyone says. Memphis dropped almost 50 on them they arent as good as people make them out to be. If Utah Oregon Uf LSU UGA Kentucky had there schedule they would go unbeaten along with numerous teams

If they won to me they are a good team, there a good team now and last season. If they win great but if they had a regular schedule p5 sched they would have gotten losses period no matter what anyone says. Memphis dropped almost 50 on them they arent as good as people make them out to be. If Utah Oregon Uf LSU UGA Kentucky had there schedule they would go unbeaten along with numerous teams

Bruh they defense not all that. But you could say the same for Oklahoma or OSU. Purdue dropped 49 on OSU, Maryland...MARYLAND dropped 51 on OSU. Texas A&M scored over 30 points ONCE against an FBS opponent...then they played basketball with LSU.

Also this just proves my 2nd point. If a G5 team needs to play a P5 schedule to be considered worthy of a CFP spot, then why the fvck are they even in the NCAA Div1 in the first place? Like I said above, it's crazy that UCF, or any G5 school has to predict 2-3 non-conference teams who will be good in 2-4 years (because I'm sure we all know by now they are made in advance) just to have a chance at being ranked in the top 5. I'm not going to sit here and ride UCF's dck and boast them up more cuz I'm not a "well if Canes lose I'll cheer for another Florida team" type of guy. But its ridiculous that the G5 is still considered apart of the NCAA Div 1 and falls under NCAA guidelines and rules but can't have a team who hasn't lost in 2 years be apart of the NCAA playoffs.

Advertisement
UCF claiming they wanted UiF in the peach bowl but a certain AD who is on the committee didn’t want it. UiF not only ducking us they are afraid to play UCF also

Bruh they defense not all that. But you could say the same for Oklahoma or OSU. Purdue dropped 49 on OSU, Maryland...MARYLAND dropped 51 on OSU. Texas A&M scored over 30 points ONCE against an FBS opponent...then they played basketball with LSU.
that same Purdue team would beat the breaks off UCF

See what Im getting at?

Advertisement
All about matchups every matchup is different

Kansas would lose to UCF

??? C'mon don't pull the matchup card. You really think Eastern Michigan is better equipped at beating Purdue than an UCF team with Florida athletes and speed?

??? C'mon don't pull the matchup card. You really think Eastern Michigan is better equipped at beating Purdue than an UCF team with Florida athletes and speed?
It is about matchup, last year we bodied Syracuse and people used that to say we would beat Clemson cause they lost to Syracuse then got bodied by Clemson to no surprise by the people who wouldnt get fooled by that dumb ****. Anyone can beat Miami this season cause we cant do anything on offense which leaves anyone in the game, UCF cant outscheme everyone they have little NFL talent. If they play someone with NFL talent they can win but if they did that on a weekly basis they would not be undefeated.

It is about matchup, last year we bodied Syracuse and people used that to say we would beat Clemson cause they lost to Syracuse then got bodied by Clemson to no surprise by the people who wouldnt get fooled by that dumb ****. Anyone can beat Miami this season cause we cant do anything on offense which leaves anyone in the game, UCF cant outscheme everyone they have little NFL talent. If they play someone with NFL talent they can win but if they did that on a weekly basis they would not be undefeated.

Don't waste your time arguing with @Astcloud11 The man knows nothing about football, but always has an opinion. His opinion is 99% of the time wrong and he is a huge Mork fan.

Advertisement
Back