Tears LSU Tears

Advertisement
This Kelly thing is going to implode on LSU is it's going to be terrific.

- Unable to take any staff (of note) from ND
- Reputation from ND as unlikeable and the antithesis of a players' coach
- Is not big into recruiting

He might do well, but I think he's an awful fit for LSU.
It could go both ways.

The fact that his entire staff basically revolted and stayed at ND (with his DC getting a promotion) is startling.

That said, LSU basically recruits itself, so if he can bring the magic that's got him this far in his career to LSU they'll be a problem.

He put the **** cane syrup on dat accent! “Faaamileee” “Loowezzyannah”… muhfucca gtfoh. Fake *** ….
1638548001785.gif

I havent watched or listened to him because I would rather spray bleach in my eyes than to listen or watch anything that BK has to say, however growing up in the 305 and now living in the 205 I have acquired a southern accent but if you want to sound like a true Louisiana native he needs to go to the dollar store and buy a bag of marbles and load them up in his mouth and then talk and he may get close.

Advertisement
This Kelly thing is going to implode on LSU is it's going to be terrific.

- Unable to take any staff (of note) from ND
- Reputation from ND as unlikeable and the antithesis of a players' coach
- Is not big into recruiting

He might do well, but I think he's an awful fit for LSU.
100%.

He did well at Notre Dame because ND as an institution is structured as a top down chain of command where the HC is superimposed as the autonomous authority figure, basically he’s the Head Priest of the program.

At LSU, it’s the Wild Wild West (Deep South), it’s a band of Rebels & you have to be a Rebel like them in order to get them to buy in. Les Miles fit perfect because he’s a Crazy MF’er too, same with Ed Orgeron, obviously it didn’t last with them two because it’s not really built to last long term. LSU is a program that supposed to catch lightening in a bottle every so often, go on a crazy run, win a Natty & then eventually it implodes because you can’t really win at LSU without cheating lol...

Brian Kelly is a big ego coach that doesn’t do well in situations where he doesn’t have complete control, but LSU is a program that thrives off chaos & what he’s really underestimating is how quickly the fans will turn on him. At ND, the fans are patient & are used to being stuck with one guy & are not accustomed to questioning his every move, at LSU, they want results & fast, they’re not waiting around for a bunch of years, if you don’t win they’re on your head. Normally that wouldn’t matter for a coach with a great track record, but it reverts back to Kelly’s ego, that kinda sh*t bothers him because he wants everyone in lockstep agreement, so if fans are giving him heat for underperforming it will visibly unsettle him.

Brian Kelly works best at institutions where they worship the coach like Notre Dame, Penn St, Michigan etc..
LSU & the SEC in general, is a place where the coach serves at the behest of the fans & boosters, not the other way around.

Advertisement
100%.

He did well at Notre Dame because ND as an institution is structured as a top down chain of command where the HC is superimposed as the autonomous authority figure, basically he’s the Head Priest of the program.

At LSU, it’s the Wild Wild West (Deep South), it’s a band of Rebels & you have to be a Rebel like them in order to get them to buy in. Les Miles fit perfect because he’s a Crazy MF’er too, same with Ed Orgeron, obviously it didn’t last with them two because it’s not really built to last long term. LSU is a program that supposed to catch lightening in a bottle every so often, go on a crazy run, win a Natty & then eventually it implodes because you can’t really win at LSU without cheating lol...

Brian Kelly is a big ego coach that doesn’t do well in situations where he doesn’t have complete control, but LSU is a program that thrives off chaos & what he’s really underestimating is how quickly the fans will turn on him. At ND, the fans are patient & are used to being stuck with one guy & are not accustomed to questioning his every move, at LSU, they want results & fast, they’re not waiting around for a bunch of years, if you don’t win they’re on your head. Normally that wouldn’t matter for a coach with a great track record, but it reverts back to Kelly’s ego, that kinda sh*t bothers him because he wants everyone in lockstep agreement, so if fans are giving him heat for underperforming it will visibly unsettle him.

Brian Kelly works best at institutions where they worship the coach like Notre Dame, Penn St, Michigan etc..
LSU & the SEC in general, is a place where the coach serves at the behest of the fans & boosters, not the other way around.

This is going to sound half crazy, but I legit think he was put on mood altering therapy, i.e. some type of antidepressant and/or tranquilizer a few years ago.

I don’t know if people remember the history, I know you do because you keep track of almost all the arcana of college football, but I remember this explicitly, he was literally having eye popping tantrums on the sidelines, his face turning beet red and his neck arteries bulging like they were about to explode.

It was actually reliably reported that the Notre Dame administration followed up with him on this, i.e., they kind of gave him a warning. And the very next season, he seemed almost sedated on the sidelines. He did a complete 180 with his rabid sideline demeanor, and became a lot more calm. I swear to God I think he’s on something.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What's great is that he ignores that Louisiana has a different accent than a southern one.
North Louisiana has a southern accent but southern LA? Heelllllllll no. We're pure cajun/coonass down here. Well, accept for the NOLA area.

Last edited:
North Louisiana has a southern accent but southern LA? Heelllllllll no. We're pure cajun/coonass down here. Well, accept for the NOLA area.

I’m glad you used that word. I’ve been wanting to, but felt it wasn’t appropriate, it sounds terrible, but it really isn’t. I have a good work friend that says “coo…“ and that’s how he describes himself. He’s from Louisiana has lived in several places the only name I can remember is Slidell. But other places as well. And he’s got that talk down

This is going to sound half crazy, but I legit think he was put on mood altering therapy, i.e. some type of antidepressant and/or tranquilizer a few years ago.

I don’t know if people remember the history, I know you do because you keep track of almost all the arcana of college football, but I remember this explicitly, he was literally having eye popping tantrums on the sidelines, his face turning beet red and his neck arteries bulging like they were about to explode.

It was actually reliably reported that the Notre Dame administration followed up with him on this, i.e., they kind of gave him a warning. And the very next season, he seemed almost sedated on the sidelines. He did a complete 180 with his rabid sideline demeanor, and became a lot more calm. I swear to God I think he’s on something.
Yeah, they definitely put him on mood stabilizers & probably upped his Xanax dosage lol

Advertisement
Back