LSU/OBJ in trouble?

Out of All of the bull**** that nevine spilled his guts about please illustrate to the jury what the ncaa was able to prove in the 3 year investigation.
Nevin also told the ncaa that he didn't pay any recruits to come to Miami because he couldn't outbid the sec boosters! According to Nevin, " those guys pay well "...

Advertisement
Anyone want to guess what Bamas payroll looks like for players? I’d guess north of $5m which is 60k/player per year or $240k for four years. Some make lots more and some make nothing if they do nothing or haven’t hit the starting rotation. It wouldn’t shock me to hear it is north of $10m but I’d guess $5-10m. For reference, an NFL payroll with 53 plus 8 ranges from 85m to 200m.

Anyone want to guess what Bamas payroll looks like for players? I’d guess north of $5m which is 60k/player per year or $240k for four years. Some make lots more and some make nothing if they do nothing or haven’t hit the starting rotation. It wouldn’t shock me to hear it is north of $10m but I’d guess $5-10m. For reference, an NFL payroll with 53 plus 8 ranges from 85m to 200m.
$1.5mm a year, although hard to fully quantify when you consider benefits like family jobs

Generally, the game is going to be out of control soon with crypto, NIL, and portal free agency.

LSU is literally the definition of lack of institutional control but absolutely nothing will happen.

As a matter of fact, it’s more than lack of constitutional control, it’s active participation in a borderline criminal enterprise. Yet, still absolutely nothing will happen.

Emmert makes $3million a year because schools like LSU help make that possible.

If the U (Shalala) had greased his palms back in the 90’s we would have been untouchable...

$1.5mm a year, although hard to fully quantify when you consider benefits like family jobs

Generally, the game is going to be out of control soon with crypto, NIL, and portal free agency.

Bro you just NAILED it..... brilliant take.

Crypto will make IMPOSSIBLE to monitor if players are getting paid.

Other than an IRS rule change that would allow for more scrutiny of player income during their NCAA years...

But even if that-- if they don't "cash out" their crypto during their college yrs-- no one would know about it.

Advertisement
Emmert makes $3million a year because schools like LSU help make that possible.

If the U (Shalala) had greased his palms back in the 90’s we would have been untouchable...

A1BD7A35-DE78-441B-B217-5D54AFBAD2CE.gif

They got Jerry Jeudy's mom a job as a loan officer in tuscaloosa if I'm not mistaken. Rumor has it they payed for his baby sister's funeral when she passed.

I don’t necessarily have a direct disagreement with what you’re saying, I think the trend is towards lighter punishment. But let’s look at what happened not that long ago with Miami.

Think we were punished very harshly in the Nevin case. Firstly, by the amount of time and effort they took on our case, a three-year investigation which no doubt had an impact not just on recruiting but on our reputation. And then we still had to give up scholarships, and bowl appearances. Also, as you well know, the NCAA was nefariously investigating, using techniques that would make cops with blackjacks from a bygone area proud. Do you think anything close to that is going to happen to LSU?

It just seems like the NCAA barely cares, yet the scope and breath of the allegations versus LSU are astonishing. I mean literally diverting money from a children’s cancer charity. Not to mention all the other fairly well documented allegations.

I pretty much agree with what you are saying. The Nevin case was horrible on a number of different levels that did NOT involve the actual punishment, such as timing, investigative techniques, and the questionable use of "evidence".

I was just addressing the penalty phase, but you are also correct in pointing out that the NCAA simply does not match the "investigative effort" to the salaciousness of the allegations. I would expect the investigation of "use of a university water hose to wash a car" (an actual case, look it up) to involve far fewer resources than a SERIOUS investigation into allegations that a charity was used for fraudulent purposes.

But, yeah, the NCAA probably spent more time documenting the excessive use of water than the fraudulent use of charitable contributions.

Advertisement
But even if that-- if they don't "cash out" their crypto during their college yrs-- no one would know about it.

Most of these kids are cashing out during college to pay bills. Crypto wallets are trackable as well. Lastly, don't expect the current version of crypto to last as governments have to control currency.

When you hear top kids are getting 200-300k, zero chance the real payroll is 1.5M. That would only allow 5-8 kids to sign and doesn't factor in the cash flow needed to keep them in school much like Clemson a couple of years ago. Then you compound it with jobs, cars, trips...

They will have a National Championship ban with time already served.

How did we get charged with LOI for small sht but all the sht they’ve done gets wrist slapped.
How is 180k stolen form a university cancer charity and used as alleged payment to a players parent that never showed up to work a “minor violation”.

That’s cosa nostra 101. “Show up to work on Monday and punch in and tell the union foreman your one of my guys. Then leave and show up every 2 weeks to pick up a check” “ if your PO shows up don’t worry they’ll cover for your saying you went to west Chester to make a delivery”.
That’s 180k!!! If that player only played 3 years that’s a **** of a lot of income in that city to their parents.
Three reasons...SEC

Most of these kids are cashing out during college to pay bills. Crypto wallets are trackable as well. Lastly, don't expect the current version of crypto to last as governments have to control currency.

When you hear top kids are getting 200-300k, zero chance the real payroll is 1.5M. That would only allow 5-8 kids to sign and doesn't factor in the cash flow needed to keep them in school much like Clemson a couple of years ago. Then you compound it with jobs, cars, trips...
GA pays the most. Majority of those kids are getting between 40-60, not including pre-signing visit money. Only a select few get six figures. My number is not based on pure speculation, although it is a bit dated — haven’t asked around lately.

Advertisement
Watched the U part 2 last night (again)
One thing that should’ve never been done in that doc was plastering Emmerts grill several times when they talked about the NCAa paying that douche money for information. These good ole boys hate looking bad and hate bad pub.

Besides stomping the nuts out of the blue bloods the ncaa has to absolutely hate the fact that the program they hate and tried to bury twice actually exposed how corrupt they really are.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back