LSU Looking to hire Blake Baker *Update* BAKER TO LSU

Advertisement
I’m a Nupe 😂

Oh FML. Lol.

Why do all my friends gotta be 1911 Yo-Yo’s? Lol.

Nupes tried to get me to pledge when I was a freshman & all my homies was on that line so they just knew I was going to be a NUPE. Til this day they say I’m the NUPE that got away. Lol. But I was loyal to the frat that gave me a different option when I was out there wildin in high school. Literally helped me get to college w/ mentorship & hitting me w/ a scholly. So Royal Blue & Pure White I is. Lol.

When did u cross?

Oh FML. Lol.

Why do all my friends gotta be 1911 Yo-Yo’s? Lol.

Nupes tried to get me to pledge when I was a freshman & all my homies was on that line so they just knew I was going to be a NUPE. Til this day they say I’m the NUPE that got away. Lol. But I was loyal to the frat that gave me a different option when I was out there wildin in high school. Literally helped me get to college w/ mentorship & hitting me w/ a scholly. So Royal Blue & Pure White I is. Lol.

When did u cross?
Spring 09, funny enough we didn’t have sigmas on a yard so I didn’t have many close friends who are Sigmas.

Spring 09, funny enough we didn’t have sigmas on a yard so I didn’t have many close friends who are Sigmas.

Cool. Yeah my chapter got suspend for “pledging” and the line right before me was the rebirth of our chapter being on campus. I came through Winter ‘04...the first & only Winter Line, so we need ourselves (me & my sands) BLE Clique (Best Line Ever). Lol.

But yeah man, I gotta gaaaaaaaaaang of homies that r Nupes from NY, FL, TX, and of course CA. Out in CA, well at least in my area, The Sigmas & Kappas r pretty close. We’ve thrown a lot of parties together & bbq’s. We just don’t function w/ The Alphas due to our step show rivalry & we have a super iffy relationship w/ The Q’s (which who doesn’t? Lol).

Advertisement
Lmao

FB_IMG_1611960722858.jpg

I'm a lawyer that has worked in the corporate world and have never heard of setoff language when an employee leaves on his own. That only applies when they are fired and end up taking another job.

I've seen a few ppl mention that we will be paying the difference. I highly doubt that.

Usually, a team poaching your employee has to pay the employer a buyout if the contract contains it, and it tapers down as the contract years taper down. By usually, I mean always.

Well we can renew our season tickets on the last day! For the first time in 37 years we were not going to renew if Baker returned. I dont give a hoot how good you recruit, you have to be able to do something wiht the talent. he could not.

I’m sure it’s been brought up already but the whole situation worked out perfectly. As a first time boss, you’d never want to develop the reputation of being “the guy who fires everyone after one bad season”. It’s easy for fans to want to can underperforming coaches but for actual coaches, this is their profession. They often have to pack up their families and move across the country. It could be hard to attract assistants if you have the rep for firing people really fast. Especially since Manny retained nobody from Richt’s offensive staff and then immediately fired almost every offensive hire he made after the first season. Everyone wants a boss who has loyalty to their employees, not someone who’s constantly scapegoating underlings. There are veteran coaches who have been around and proved themselves among the best in the business and they can be more cut throat because they’ve already made their reputation. For a new coach, you don’t get that kind of benefit of the doubt.
This is big boy football. Win or get the boot. This is the way it is now. Manny gets one more year to get it right or else!!

Advertisement
I think it's also a sign that he's not going to risk his career for others.

On paper, Diaz didn't make atrocious hires. Enos was coming from record setting years at Bama. Enos was not objectively a horrible choice (though I do wish Diaz had gone with a spread OC but he corrected quickly). Diaz wasn't going to tell his OC who to put on his offensive staff. The two worst picks, Barry and Stubblefield were both Enos handpicked dudes as he'd worked with them before. Butch Barry was coming from the NFL so it didn't look horrible. Stubblefield I can't explain and thought it was bad. Hickson and Field were very good so not a total bust on that side. On defense, Baker was viewed as one of the most promising up and coming DCs (he was even mentioned on LSU boards as a replacement for Aranda after the 2019 season!) It wasn't a homerun, but not an objectively terrible hire. Simpson- top notch hire. Banda- just left for a promotion to DC, so you can't say he was a failure. Patke- meh, but as others have said he's a strong X's and O's guy. Then there's Rumph. I agree he shouldn't have been retained, but as you know there was a lot going on behind the scenes that handcuffed Diaz. I think he wanted to move on from Rumph but couldn't. Just because things don't work out doesn't mean it's fair to say Diaz picked an entire staff full of unqualified coaches. Some of those were his OC's choices (which is normal for a HC to allow a coordinator to pick his own staff especially on the opposite site of the HC's specialty). As someone else said, it's playing the results to say they were terrible hires now.
it's early but Stubblefield probably has the best '22 WR class in the country right now. He also had a true Freshman All-American this past year Now lets talk about Miami WRs...once again they were terrible under Likens. Drop City. So...was Stubblefield really that bad and why is Likens being given a pass that Stubblefield wasn't? Likens has now been at Miami as long or longer than Stubblefield was.

it's early but Stubblefield probably has the best '22 WR class in the country right now. He also had a true Freshman All-American this past year Now lets talk about Miami WRs...once again they were terrible under Likens. Drop City. So...was Stubblefield really that bad and why is Likens being given a pass that Stubblefield wasn't? Likens has now been at Miami as long or longer than Stubblefield was.
1. You are right, it is still wayyyy to early for recruiting talk. I believe all his commits are from PA as well, we will see how that shakes out.
2. He did have a Freshman second team all american, I think the kid had less than 500 yards though and is a shorter slot WR much in the build of stubblefield;
3. Likens did not have a spring to practice with his guys, he did not have a fall to practice with his guys, he may have been here "longer" but as far as quality time, Stubbs still has him beat.
4. Stubbs just didn't seem to "fit" in Miami. A lot of the WR just didn't respond to him. His recruiting wasn't bad. Stubbs also I think had more talent. Likens would look much better with JT4 and KJ Osborn on last years team with King.
4. He is in his 13th year coaching and at his 11th different stop. I am sorry but that amount of turnover is just bad. He may not have been the entire issue as we have seen our WR core clearly is lacking, but he is missing something to be let go that many times.

Lmfao “it’s early” is an understatement

Excellent point. Although the contract might read "... you get the delta between your new job and what you were makimg here fkr x year(s)..."

near term win for our Canes... can they now make it a long term victory?

Are you serious with this? Why would we pay the difference for a job that Baker voluntarily left for another position? It doesn’t work that way anywhere. That’s bizarro world stuff. I’ll just attribute it to that you must’ve been heavily drinking when you posted this LOL

Advertisement
Are you serious with this? Why would we pay the difference for a job that Baker voluntarily left for another position? It doesn’t work that way anywhere. That’s bizarro world stuff. I’ll just attribute it to that you must’ve been heavily drinking when you posted this LOL
in the seemingly insane world of D1P5 staff contracts, its possible.

I have no idea if actual, as we were discussing a hypothetical, but this is CFB koo-kooness

1. You are right, it is still wayyyy to early for recruiting talk. I believe all his commits are from PA as well, we will see how that shakes out.
2. He did have a Freshman second team all american, I think the kid had less than 500 yards though and is a shorter slot WR much in the build of stubblefield;
3. Likens did not have a spring to practice with his guys, he did not have a fall to practice with his guys, he may have been here "longer" but as far as quality time, Stubbs still has him beat.
4. Stubbs just didn't seem to "fit" in Miami. A lot of the WR just didn't respond to him. His recruiting wasn't bad. Stubbs also I think had more talent. Likens would look much better with JT4 and KJ Osborn on last years team with King.
4. He is in his 13th year coaching and at his 11th different stop. I am sorry but that amount of turnover is just bad. He may not have been the entire issue as we have seen our WR core clearly is lacking, but he is missing something to be let go that many times.
How many 1st round draft picks has Stubbs coached?

Advertisement
Re: Stubblefield, a friend of mine claimed that there were *issues* while Stubblefield was here. He wouldn't give me too many details other than to say that it was good both for him and the university that he leave.

But that aside, I trust Likens more. He is much older and has more experience.

Advertisement
Back