LSU Gettin' that Boutte....

I think law enforcement would be better off using their internet resources to find and stop cho-mos instead of worrying about online gambling. This actually could be something that gives the NCAA some purpose rather than being completely useless like it is now- it can try to find out if players (or refs) are affecting games due to sports betting. And that would pretty much be the only reason to keep the NCAA around.

Advertisement
This is a huge problem all over sports and it’s been getting worse.
Boutte isn’t a unicorn. In fact, he’s not even an endangered species. Players at every level are betting more than ever.

This has been a problem at too many schools and people haven’t been paying attention.
NIL might even make it worse.
gambling is the latest epidemic among young men. Guys will be starting college with the equivalent of a mortgage on gambling debts, and everyone from ESPN to Twitch is in on it.

8900 bets is probably just evidence that he’s got a group of guys working with him. He may just have had the biggest bankroll and accounts. He wasn’t placing all of those bets, his team was.

Advertisement
The kid cashed out over 50 grand from the site . He has a career as a handicapper in Vegas when his football career is over…probably why The site snitched on him.

Advertisement
Lmao 🤣 no I know, but I mean fron an NCAA standpoint. I understand the law and the NFL will have their own punishments.

Basically, I want to know if LSU will get hammered for this lol
Only thing the NCAA will care about is: Where did Boutte get 151.000 dollars to start a betting account?

gambling is the latest epidemic among young men. Guys will be starting college with the equivalent of a mortgage on gambling debts, and everyone from ESPN to Twitch is in on it.

8900 bets is probably just evidence that he’s got a group of guys working with him. He may just have had the biggest bankroll and accounts. He wasn’t placing all of those bets, his team was.
He was definitely bankrolling other friends/teammates/maybe coaches… I want to see if he rolls over and how much he exposes about the L$U program??

Let us see them receipts and text messages!!!

Go look back at the scores during the Golden regime. We had players shaving points left and right.

This stuff is nothing new
Bold accusations… You have real insight here because that’s a serious problem we don’t want associated with our program.

Advertisement
FWIW, the NFL has changed the rules to allow the Commissioner to punish players for actions they have done before their career started.

There's a big possibility Boutte is out of the league forever.
If he’s done it in college.....well you get my drift.

Advertisement
No, even on the surface it is a huge deal if a player bets on their own team
Yea, under no circumstances should a player ever be allowed to bet on/against their own team. Even IF everything was 100% innocent and above board, the optics of it alone calls into question the integrity of the sport…you just can’t have it under any circumstances. I wouldn’t be surprised if Boutte is never allowed to play another down in the NFL. The league takes this stuff very serious, because they understand if the integrity of the game is called into question you have a major problem on your hands.

Last edited:
The big issue is betting on NCAA football and obviously LSU. Some will say no big deal if he bets on his team to win, but the issue becomes if he gets in a hole he may be inclined to bet against his team and try and throw the game. He is done and I would doubt he gets drafted or signed by the NFL. The NFL is as popular as it is in part because of the ease to bet on their games and they will not jeopardize that.

I read that in the game against FSU, he actually bet on himself having a big game. He was trying too hard to hit and got into his own head.

Advertisement
Back