LSU Fall Practice Info Drop Thread

Advertisement
Curious, who you got one?
Between us and Bama. I think Bama is overrated because they play a bunch of garbage SEC offenses, but top to bottom, I still think they edge us out. Mostly because of the depth they’ve been able to build through years of stacking chips.

Someone please tell me, even an LSU fans, why I should fear them? I watched their MSU, Troy, and Notre Dame games, (admittedly probably their worst games bc they came away with L's) unimpressed.

I specifically watched their "fearsome" defense and didn't see much. LSU's DL, which fans claim is the best since their 2011 teams, doesn't generate much push and mostly relies on their OLB to create pressure. Arden Key was by far the most disruptful and he left for the NFL. Chaison, their supposed best pressure player, is a pure speed rusher without any pass rush moves to speak of. Once an OT picks up his speed rush he doesn't know what to do or how to set up his secondary or tertiary moves.

Devin White is a great athlete but he lacks instincts of a LB. He will chase down plays that he see's from sideline to sideline but he get caught up in the wash way too often. If we can get an OLmen on him (a big if with our two new starting guards) it totally takes him out of the play. Last season he was not physical at the point of attack and doesn't like to engage and shed linemen. Also in the pass game he flow's to where ever the QB's eyes take him. Rarely does he read a play and know where the play is going to make a play on the ball. He solely relies on the Qb's eyes to take him to the play to make a tackle. Hopefully Roiser can take advantage of this by baiting him to set up something in front or behind him.

I didn't get a chance to watch much of Greedy Williams. But the little I did see, he seems to be a solid cover guy and willing tackler. Nothing out of this world like a Patrick Petterson or even a college level Morris Clayborne. So tell me LSU fans what am I missing? Which game should I watch to give me the best representation of LSU football this season?

Also if anyone else wants to watch those games they are all on youtube. Let me know If you want a link.

Last edited:
Between us and Bama. I think Bama is overrated because they play a bunch of garbage SEC offenses, but top to bottom, I still think they edge us out. Mostly because of the depth they’ve been able to build through years of stacking chips.
I agree. They lost a lot, but I ain't trading ours for theirs this year. Feels good don't it?

Advertisement
You realize we have 3 first round picks starting on our Defense?

LSU has 2. I’m not Saying that Miami isn’t a top tier defense but they would definitely not be top two defenses in the SEC, that’s just insane in my opinion. Alabama and LSU in the west are better than Miami defensively. I also don’t think you are anywhere near the level as Clemson defensively. LSU has to deal with the number one defense every year in Alabama. We know how that feels.

LSU has 2. I’m not Saying that Miami isn’t a top tier defense but they would definitely not be top two defenses in the SEC, that’s just insane in my opinion. Alabama and LSU in the west are better than Miami defensively. I also don’t think you are anywhere near the level as Clemson defensively. LSU has to deal with the number one defense every year in Alabama. We know how that feels.
Wow. OK, thats why you haven't defended your hands down statement I guess. You should by the way. Because It's stupid.

Miami number 1 in sacks per game, tfl per game ahead of clumpsom too. You see all the hype, look at production.

Advertisement
the only reason I wish miami would be in the sec instead of ACC is because they would get up for their opponent EVERY week

Miami is better on 2 of the 3 levels on the defense than clemson(linebacker and db) and have a starter at de better than both Clelin Ferrell and Austin Bryant.
0554044F-73C2-467D-B204-33533CA5D761.jpeg

They are undoubtedly better than Miami on the dline this year for sure though given the 4 they are returning. I mean They are better than everyone on the dline his year

I'm basing off their recruiting, depth, Kirby Smart defense. No offense to Diaz, but he would be an average DC in the SEC. He was at State

Ha, like Diaz had the talent at Miss St that he has in Miami. Sure Kirby was good at Bama cause he had the best talent. SEC mentality is a joke.

Advertisement
From the UGA Senior Night program:

The thirty-one seniors to be recognized are John Atkins, DL, Thomson, Ga.; Davin Bellamy, LB, Stone Mountain, Ga.; Jeb Blazevich, TE, Charlotte, N.C.; Aulden Bynum, OL, Valdosta, Ga.; Lorenzo Carter, LB, Norcross, Ga.; Reggie Carter, LB, Stone Mountain, Ga.; Nick Chubb, RB, Cedartown, Ga.; John Courson, LS, Athens, Ga.; Aaron Davis, DB, Locust Grove, Ga.; Jordan Davis, TE, Thomson, Ga.; Alex Essex, DL, Richmond, Va.; Turner Fortin, RB, Johns Creek, Ga.; Trent Frix, LS, Calhoun, Ga.; Jacob Gross, RB, Thomaston, Ga.; Carson Hall, OL, Dallas, Ga.; Daniel Harper, LB, Atlanta, Ga.; Matthew Herzwurm, LS, Augusta, Ga.; Tim Hill, DB, Atlanta, Ga.; David Marvin, K, Charlotte, N.C.; Miles McGinty, TE, Savannah, Ga.; Sony Michel, RB, Hollywood, Fla.; Cameron Nizialek, P, Chantilly, Va.; Malkom Parrish, DB, Quitman, Ga.; Christian Payne, RB, Athens, Ga.; Brice Ramsey, QB, Kingsland, Ga.; Dominick Sanders, DB, Tucker, Ga.; Dyshon Sims, OL, Valdosta, Ga.;Thomas Swilley, OL, Athens, Ga.; Shakenneth Williams, WR, Macon, Ga.; Javon Wims, WR, Miami, Fla.; Isaiah Wynn, OL, St. Petersburg, Fla.

31 Senior football players left, and that list doesn’t include any of the players who bolted early for the draft.

That list of seniors includes walkons like Rudy at Notre Dame. Don't think loss of non-scholarship/scout team GuYsMS is going to affect the Dogs this year.

That list of seniors includes walkons like Rudy at Notre Dame. Don't think loss of non-scholarship/scout team GuYsMS is going to affect the Dogs this year.
Whatevs dude. They lost well over 30 Seniors. Nobody ever implied that they were all starters, but a *** ton of those guys listed played and produced. And that ain’t even counting the guys like Roquan Smith that left early. They lost their best defender, top 2 running backs, and a ****load of trench guys and role players.

Ha, like Diaz had the talent at Miss St that he has in Miami. Sure Kirby was good at Bama cause he had the best talent. SEC mentality is a joke.

So I guess going to a NC at Georgia was a fluke??? SEC has a mentality because they’ve been the best conference for some time now

Advertisement
Burrow wasn't there for the Spring game, right? Regardless, I'm sure most of the offense will be installed for the season.

The question is how strong of a grasp all of the newcomers will really have of it.
The only real new comer in the skill positions is curry, burrow, and WR chase, the rest played last year
Someone please tell me, even an LSU fans, why I should fear them? I watched their MSU, Troy, and Notre Dame games, (admittedly probably their worst games bc they came away with L's) unimpressed.

I specifically watched their "fearsome" defense and didn't see much. LSU's DL, which fans claim is the best since their 2011 teams, doesn't generate much push and mostly relies on their OLB to create pressure. Arden Key was by far the most disruptful and he left for the NFL. Chaison, their supposed best pressure player, is a pure speed rusher without any pass rush moves to speak of. Once an OT picks up his speed rush he doesn't know what to do or how to set up his secondary or tertiary moves.

Devin White is a great athlete but he lacks instincts of a LB. He will chase down plays that he see's from sideline to sideline but he get caught up in the wash way too often. If we can get an OLmen on him (a big if with our two new starting guards) it totally takes him out of the play. Last season he was not physical at the point of attack and doesn't like to engage and shed linemen. Also in the pass game he flow's to where ever the QB's eyes take him. Rarely does he read a play and know where the play is going to make a play on the ball. He solely relies on the Qb's eyes to take him to the play to make a tackle. Hopefully Roiser can take advantage of this by baiting him to set up something in front or behind him.

I didn't get a chance to watch much of Greedy Williams. But the little I did see, he seems to be a solid cover guy and willing tackler. Nothing out of this world like a Patrick Petterson or even a college level Morris Clayborne. So tell me LSU fans what am I missing? Which game should I watch to give me the best representation of LSU football this season?

Also if anyone else wants to watch those games they are all on youtube. Let me know If you want a link.
Wrong about Chaisson, D line has twice the depth with new juco players, our main end Lawrence is back from a year of being in and out with inuries, your leading tackler last year had 93 tackles Devin had over 130, Key took the summer off last year before the season started and gave 2 ***** less about LSU, Your OT will have fits with Chaisson

So I guess going to a NC at Georgia was a fluke??? SEC has a mentality because they’ve been the best conference for some time now
Last two seasons' combined bowl records:
SEC: 11-11
ACC: 12-8
ACC vs. SEC: 5-3 ACC

SEC is top heavy. One or two programs carrying the water.

The only real new comer in the skill positions is curry, burrow, and WR chase, the rest played last year

Wrong about Chaisson, D line has twice the depth with new juco players, our main end Lawrence is back from a year of being in and out with inuries, your leading tackler last year had 93 tackles Devin had over 130, Key took the summer off last year before the season started and gave 2 ***** less about LSU, Your OT will have fits with Chaisson
Our leading tackler had 96 tackles because we have multiple playmakers and not just one who gets majority of the plays. Our production is spread throughout the defense

They go up against starting quality De’s Everyday in practice whether it’s first or 2nd string. He won’t provide absolutely nothing Miami’s tackles haven’t seen . You worried about our tackles but yet not worried about yours going up against joe Jackson and Jon Garvin? Lol

Advertisement
Back