LSU Fall Practice Info Drop Thread

Advertisement
Did Burrow ever get in, in a meaningful game while at OSU? If so, which game(s)?

He only played mop up duty while at OSU. In 2016 he was 6-8 and a TD against bowling green, 4-5 against Rutgers, 6-6 against Nebraska, and 6-9 and a TD against Maryland. In 2017 he was 4-4 against UNLV, 2-2 against Rutgers, 1-3 against Nebraska, and 0-2 against Iowa.

He only played mop up duty while at OSU. In 2016 he was 6-8 and a TD against bowling green, 4-5 against Rutgers, 6-6 against Nebraska, and 6-9 and a TD against Maryland. In 2017 he was 4-4 against UNLV, 2-2 against Rutgers, 1-3 against Nebraska, and 0-2 against Iowa.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Iowa put it right between the cheeks of them Buckeye ****, what a beat down

Last edited:
Agreed. On Burrow, he never really pushed Barrett while at OSU, and with Barrett gone you'd think he'd be in line to start if he were really any good. I don't buy the idea that he's this top flight QB capable of leading a major program to greatness. Otherwise, he wouldn't have left OSU. He left OSU because he wasn't going to play and he wasn't going to play because he isn't that good.

You are making too much sense

Advertisement
You are making too much sense

Wrong. When he met with Urban, Urban didn't flat out tell him you are the starter and Burrow wanted assurance. Then he sat down with his family and ultimately decided the best thing to do was transfer to a university he felt he could start right away. Just because you aren't awarded the starting job at OSU, doesn't mean he couldn't start at many other universities. Look at the qb's Urban has produced in the last 5 years alone.

Wrong. When he met with Urban, Urban didn't flat out tell him you are the starter and Burrow wanted assurance. Then he sat down with his family and ultimately decided the best thing to do was transfer to a university he felt he could start right away. Just because you aren't awarded the starting job at OSU, doesn't mean he couldn't start at many other universities. Look at the qb's Urban has produced in the last 5 years alone.

But there is no guarantee he would start at LSU either. He has 3 other guys there. Gotta show some respect to the QBs that are already in your camp. This isn't Russell Wilson transferring from NC State to Wisconsin here.. Burrow isn't a program savior.

But there is no guarantee he would start at LSU either. He has 3 other guys there. Gotta show some respect to the QBs that are already in your camp. This isn't Russell Wilson transferring from NC State to Wisconsin here.. Burrow isn't a program savior.

You are right he isn't. Having an elite defense is a savior that both teams have. If you look at stats, LSU's defense was better overall than Miami. They finished 12th and Miami finished 38th. If any Miami fans think they are going to blow out LSU, I have ocean front property in Arizona. I think the turnover battle will be huge in this game. I know Miami did well in that department last year. That will be a telling stat in this game.

Advertisement
You are right he isn't. Having an elite defense is a savior that both teams have. If you look at stats, LSU's defense was better overall than Miami. They finished 12th and Miami finished 38th. If any Miami fans think they are going to blow out LSU, I have ocean front property in Arizona. I think the turnover battle will be huge in this game. I know Miami did well in that department last year. That will be a telling stat in this game.

Fair comparison but I would argue we are not depending on our D to save us as much as LSU is this year. Our offense is in better shape if only for the fact that we have numerous returning starters who are use to playing in big time games like the one on Sept 2nd.. I don't want to turn this into a ****ing contest so ill just leave the trash talk at that. lol.

Thanks for the insight. Look forward to keeping a close eye on your Fall camp as the weeks go on..like I said I am betting this game so I have other thing$ riding on this besides just being a UM fan.

Fair comparison but I would argue we are not depending on our D to save us as much as LSU is this year. Our offense is in better shape if only for the fact that we have numerous returning starters who are use to playing in big time games like the one on Sept 2nd.. I don't want to turn this into a ****ing contest so ill just leave the trash talk at that. lol.

Thanks for the insight. Look forward to keeping a close eye on your Fall camp as the weeks go on..like I said I am betting this game so I have other thing$ riding on this besides just being a UM fan.

Absolutely. No trash talking here. I just want to see a good football game. Refreshing over a lot of bland games you see opening weekend minus a handful of games.

Advertisement

So a redshirt Junior couldn't beat out the true sophomore, and that's evidence that he's good?
And Meyer's history of QBs is probably a concern if you're an LSU fan. It's difficult to tell just how good these guys are vs. how much is it the floor that Meyer's system creates? JT Barrett had a productive career at Ohio State. But there aren't a lot of teams in the country that would want JT Barrett starting for them. Meyer is kind of like Mike Leach in that regard. His QBs will throw for 3,5000+ yards in his system, but how many of his QBs would you ever want starting for you outside of the Air Raid?

Advertisement
Tigerdroppings. Both fan bases have "those" fans. There are some good debates over there and a fun site if anyone wants to join in the insanity over there.

We need our big boy pants for this game. Huge game for both team, but we have to greater upside. We have path to playoffs, their best case is their coach keeps his job.

Anyone that heads to Dallas is in for some serious tailgating. As long as you aren't a douche many tents will give you the shirt off their back. Some of the best food and cold beer. Coonazzes are very friendly and hospitable. Some may banter with you, but they are fun people and they take tailgating very seriously. Ask Sebastian, he will tell you.

Advertisement
Back