LSU DB coach Corey Raymond

Advertisement
Too much is made of candidates having x amount of experience in coordinating.

Agreed, why get a great candidate experience when you can take an unknown with none?

Too many potatoes.

I agree with this.

The guy is coaching DBs, which means he's a great communicator b/c being in the secondary is a hard position especially the safety position. LSU DBs have looked real good over the years. Why not hire him as a co-odinator? Position coaches make HORRIBLE head coaches, but they make fine co-ordinators especially if you are the QB coach on offense and a LB or DB coach on defense.

I think it would be a really good hire that will turn out to be a great hire in the future. We're totally getting away from EVERYTHING that Al Golden and crew has taught. LSU plays an aggressive up field brand of FB on the defensive side and the DBs are pressed up....I'm sure if hired, that same philosophy will be brought here as well.

I was being sarcastic. It is an awful idea when you have the money.

You don't say?

unless richt can get a manny diaz, or a john chavis, and im not sure he will, raymond isn't a bad choice to take a chance on. he has been part of some great defensive staffs at lsu. they are always a top 10 d. i am sure he learned alot from chavis and steele.

frankly no matter the budget sometimes an experianced dc isn't available. sometimes u have to find a guy who is a position coach who has coached multiple positions hopefully and give them a chance to be a coordinator. true not all are good at it but some are.

i just don't see a chuck pagano , a kevin steele becoming miami dc. butch davis isn't happening. no way they hire him as dc and no way he would take it. so for those that say no on raymond give us some choices. guys u think miami should chase.

Manny Diaz? Are you serious? Raymond ***** all over him.

Hope Raymond comes to Miami in some capacity. From my hometown and well respected guy w/ kids. Not to mention LSU's secondary has been one of the best since he's been there, even though they were already good.

Advertisement
I feel this would be a great hire.Guy played six years in NFL and was coached by Mike Nolan.Coached under John Chavis,Bo Pelini, and Kevin Steele.Co-coordinator may be the way to lure him because the staff at LSU are walking the Green Mile.

Advertisement
My choice would be Harlon Barnett from MSU. Co-DC making only 430k.
Give him 700k then a defensive staff of DL Rocker or Kulogowski.
LB Sherrer or Botkin
DB Raymond

Save money on OC with Richt calling plays and give these guys raises.
That would be a beastly staff that would have our D playing fast and agressive.

LB Sherrer or Botkin
DB Raymond

Barnett was a DBs coach last year.....I don't know if he would leave Sparty but he's an example of a position coach turned DC that was ready for the challenge. Corey Raymond....(shrugs shoulders)

If our budget is as big as I've heard, I would give him $500k. Great recruiter and coach.

We would be saving OC money by having Richt call plays.

Would love to know what your sources are telling you in regards to how big our budget is. If anybody on this site would know that information I am sure it is you.

Advertisement
Because of the likely hood that the entire LSU staff could be let go next year.

He can get a DB job anywhere I'm not buying that at all

How about a pay increase as DB coach? Can he get a DB job anywhere for $500K? If he's making $300K, $200K is nice bump. Assuming he is worth the money.

500k for a DB coach? cmon mane

Bama pays there strength coach 500k.

Multiple teams pay assistant coaches mid six figures.

Offer 400-450 and give him assistant or associate HC title.

So you comparing us to Bama money now? cmon mane

LB Sherrer or Botkin
DB Raymond

Wouldn't mind having Barnett...but makes no sense to get Raymond when Barnett is a Secondary coach. We could bring him here with Marion Hobby(Clemson Co-DC/DLine). Give both 650k to be a Co-DC/Position Coach, and get a stud LB coach.
I agree that Richt should be looking to save money in the OC position.

Marion Hobby, not Marlon Brown

Last edited:
LB Sherrer or Botkin
DB Raymond

Barnett was a DBs coach last year.....I don't know if he would leave Sparty but he's an example of a position coach turned DC that was ready for the challenge. Corey Raymond....(shrugs shoulders)

That's the point though. I think everyone would be great with him coming as a CO DC. With that said, if we are going to take a chance on a position coach getting his first crack at DC, I would be ok with Raymond.

Advertisement
If we got all this money to spend, give a big chunk of it to John Chavis.

iirc hes in a lawsuit with lsu over leaving them for atm

lsu claims he owes them hundreds of thousands and if he left atm after a year he probably would them lots of money too

Agreed, why get a great candidate experience when you can take an unknown with none?

Too many potatoes.

I agree with this.

The guy is coaching DBs, which means he's a great communicator b/c being in the secondary is a hard position especially the safety position. LSU DBs have looked real good over the years. Why not hire him as a co-odinator? Position coaches make HORRIBLE head coaches, but they make fine co-ordinators especially if you are the QB coach on offense and a LB or DB coach on defense.

I think it would be a really good hire that will turn out to be a great hire in the future. We're totally getting away from EVERYTHING that Al Golden and crew has taught. LSU plays an aggressive up field brand of FB on the defensive side and the DBs are pressed up....I'm sure if hired, that same philosophy will be brought here as well.

wasn't agreeing w/ u.....I was actually agreeing w/ Kevin. I know u were being sarcastic. Some of the Best DC come from the backgroud of LB and DB coaches.

Too many potatoes.

I agree with this.

wasn't agreeing w/ u.....I was actually agreeing w/ Kevin. I know u were being sarcastic. Some of the Best DC come from the backgroud of LB and DB coaches.

Is this real life?

Advertisement
Back