Loyola-Chicago (Who be them?)

Advertisement
Im not a big basketball mind, but in this scenario, why not just continuously go at their one big and force him into foul trouble as a strategy?

They’ll collapse to give him help.

That said, if we don’t play inside-out offensively I’ll be disappointed.

I will tell you my biggest fear in this game. They are exceptional at shooting the 3 and we are god awful at defending it. I think that is going to get us beat. BUT if we do figure out a way to win I could easily see this team going to its first Elite 8. This is the best bracket we have ever had.

In like the last 100 years Cincinnati has not made it past the second round as a 1 or 2 seed, they are getting beat by someone early.
The SEC and UT are highly overrated.

I will tell you my biggest fear in this game. They are exceptional at shooting the 3 and we are god awful at defending it. I think that is going to get us beat. BUT if we do figure out a way to win I could easily see this team going to its first Elite 8. This is the best bracket we have ever had.

In like the last 100 years Cincinnati has not made it past the second round as a 1 or 2 seed, they are getting beat by someone early.
The SEC and UT are highly overrated.

The we are god awful at defending the 3 argument needs to stop. 40th in the country. 4th in the ACC. We've gotten a little worse since Brown went down, but from like 33% to 35%.

The we are god awful at defending the 3 argument needs to stop. 40th in the country. 4th in the ACC. We've gotten a little worse since Brown went down, but from like 33% to 35%.
Okay so you have a valid argument as to why Miami isn't God awful against the 3. But if you watch them you can see that they leave so many guys so wide open. So no one is there to defend the 3 pt shot. Teams are just missing wide open shots vs us.

Advertisement
No shot blockers - Lonnie lykes and newton better be going to the rack consistently.

Maybe newton will finish his layups without having to worry about any bigs. **** same goes for lykes and Lonnie.

I think we will win by 8-10

Okay so you have a valid argument as to why Miami isn't God awful against the 3. But if you watch them you can see that they leave so many guys so wide open. So no one is there to defend the 3 pt shot. Teams are just missing wide open shots vs us.

Lol there is no evidence to your claim. Just a fan who only watches Miami basketball games and is frustrated with this year's team. I watched the UNC game a couple weeks ago that was our worst defense against the 3 all season and it was just cause Joel Berry was unconscious.

We're not great against the three. We're not awful. Or bad really. Just average.

Certainly not the most difficult path to the second weekend.

I haven't seen a single second of a Loyola-Chicago game, but you often see smaller and quicker small schools give big conference schools fits as the big conference schools spend the whole conference season playing a more physical style. Officiating, as in how they call the game, plays a role as well.

Hope we come out confident and focused. No reason this team can't win a couple.

I watched UNC and BC and every other game this year. We are not good at defending the three.

Advertisement
Lol there is no evidence to your claim. Just a fan who only watches Miami basketball games and is frustrated with this year's team. I watched the UNC game a couple weeks ago that was our worst defense against the 3 all season and it was just cause Joel Berry was unconscious.

We're not great against the three. We're not awful. Or bad really. Just average.

During ACC play we have been awful.

During ACC play we have been awful.

Average 3 pt percent shooting for ACC teams this year was 35.7%. We gave up 36.5% in conference.

Not good. Not awful. Average. Maybe a little below. But .8% aint much of a difference.

Yeah from what I recall we've actually done a pretty good job of getting our hands up in people's faces.

Elite 8?! We didn't make the elite 8 with our great teams in 2012-2013 and 2015-2016. I don't see how elite 8 is realistic with this team and with brown done for the season. I'd love if it happened but I just don't see it.

all signs point to a "one and done" for UM.

hope i'm wrong, but the tournament is a different beast, and we are just not good in the postseason. their strengths play to our weaknesses, and i'm not seeing a UM victory here.

Advertisement
Look, we can easily lose this game. There is no denying that. But out of all the 11 seeds that we could have faced, this is the best possible matchup IMO. A team that relies heavily on threes and won't be a threat at all on the offensive glass? Sign me up.

I agree this was our best matchup, but we cant defend the perimeter so we just need to pray they off an off night at the 3 point line.

Lol at all the Cane "Fans" Gassing up Loyola so they can soften the blow of the loss. Have any of you even watched Loyola play this year? Besides Florida they lost to every team with a pulse. We have better talent at every position then them including sixth man and the rest of the bench. Rodney Miller would be their starting center(let that sink in). If we lose it will be an absolute disgrace.

Lol at all the Cane "Fans" Gassing up Loyola so they can soften the blow of the loss. Have any of you even watched Loyola play this year? Besides Florida they lost to every team with a pulse. We have better talent at every position then them including sixth man and the rest of the bench. Rodney Miller would be their starting center(let that sink in). If we lose it will be an absolute disgrace.
Agreed. I've just posted about Loyola from what I've read in last 2 days. I have never seen them. But I hear good things lol. Miami should have superior talent and athletes and should not lose. But would you be surprised if they come out flat and lose?

Advertisement
Jay Bilas

“The Hurricanes went down a man when Bruce Brown Jr. was injured earlier this season. There was a chance he could return for the NCAA tournament, but it is hard to imagine that he would be the same. Brown is Miami's best defender, rebounder and assist guy. He is a triple-double talent who is a difference-maker. Miami does not have a player averaging 13 points per game but is very balanced in its attack. Lonnie Walker has been Miami's best player since ACC play began. But Miami does not defend at the same level as it has in the past. Before the ACC tournament, Miami won four games in a row, but all were decided by a single basket, including Ja'Quan Newton's heave at the buzzer at North Carolina. Loyola-Chicago is coached by Porter Moser and plays a solid "Pack Line" defense, one that helped the Ramblers beat Florida in Gainesville. Loyola-Chicago is led by Clayton Custer, a 6-1 guard who started his career at Iowa State. Marques Townes is a tough Jersey kid who transferred from Fairleigh ****inson, and Donte Ingram is a 6-6 shooter who hit 66 3-point field goals this season and 162 for his career. Miami is the bigger and more talented team, but the Ramblers are fully capable of pulling the upset.

“Loyola-Chicago wins and advances to the second round.”

Last edited:
It is sort of interesting that we don't have a single player averaging 13 ppg. Not many teams who make the NCAAT can say that.

I watched a lot of their Florida game. Their big guy is only 6'9" but he's good. 100x better than Miller

Advertisement
Back