Loyalty matters

brock

All-American
Yeah ok we know kool left and jumped ship but the perception of Miami is getting better period. Just this offseason along big time programs pursued some of Miami’s top coaches uga with Hartley(his alma mater), FSU with Dugans(his alma mater), Auburn with Stacy Searels(his alma mater) and they each turned those schools down. That wouldn’t have happened in the past. Credit to richt for building a loyal staff

Last edited:
Advertisement
Same with kevin patrick for nc state. Although I would have loved to have him it shows more about his character that he is loyal and stayed. Just like dugans hartley and searles.

Advertisement
So true Broke. I’ve been preaching this since Richt got here. He prefers the Honda over the Ferrari. That’s his style. We hate it until proven wrong because we want all Ferrari’s. Richt clearly approaches things as if he is going to coach here for a while. And if nothing else that should be comforting.

Yeah ok we know kool left and jumped ship but the perception of Miami is getting better period. Just this offseason along big time programs pursued some of Miami’s top coaches uga with Hartley who has Georgia roots, FSU with Dugans(his alma mater), Auburn with Stacy Searels(his alma mater) and they each turned those schools down. That wouldn’t have happened in the past. Credit to richt for building a loyal staff
Who in the **** would have wanted anyone from Al or Randy’s staff?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Did I somehow miss Auburn pursuing Searels?
They did, uga writer said it today.
B1B971FB-C80E-4B41-B801-A02092BCC452.png

When do they award the annual loyalty national champion trophy?

And more importantly, how many times has that loyalty national champion also been the football national champion?

You seeming have established this as something of importance, can you tell me a bit about how you came to the conclusion brock?

When do they award the annual loyalty national champion trophy?

And more importantly, how many times has that loyalty national champion also been the football national champion?

You seeming have established this as something of importance, can you tell me a bit about how you came to the conclusion brock?
Quit being a d*ckhead ****

Advertisement
Quit being a d*ckhead ****
You are making a definitive statement broke. Substantiate it with a track record of top tier success. If you came to this conclusion somehow other than pointing to certain coaches not getting poached as a source of team pride, fine, I would love to see it.

In fact, I would argue that it is completely irrelevant. The most mercenary of programs in the country has enjoyed the most successful stretch in most of our life times.

You know then program you root for has been garbage for a long time when you celebrate coaches not leaving the first chance they get ...:thumbsup-kid:
Not even that, they turning down their alma maters. If I was placed in the same position I dont Think I would Be able to do that. Them staying indicates we are building something special imo but hey you can take it anyway you want

Not even that, they turning down their alma maters. If I was placed in the same position I dont Think I would Be able to do that. Them staying indicates we are building something special imo but hey you can take it anyway you want
It being your alma mater is just one factor. It’s not the only factor. We don’t know if it is loyalty, it could also be their wife/family loves living in Miami, they could feel their job is more secure, they may not have been offered enough money.
All we know is the total package kept them in Miami. That is neither indicative of their loyalty, nor is it indicative that loyalty matters.

Advertisement
Back