Louisville

Advertisement
Personally, I would make a change based on the way DiMare has exhibited a complete lack of ability to get the team to understand how to grind or win deciding games. This loss would be completely unacceptable to me as a leadership team within an athletic department.

I go back to letting Van Belle stand out there and lose the game in that situation. You cannot lose a game you led 6-0 without ever using your best pitcher. Cannot do it. That doesn't include the chances of the game ending early, the extra day off with Easter, the importance of the swing game, and the national statement it makes if you win the series at their place.

I pretty much need to log off because I feel like leaping out of my skin thinking about this game today.
Blake James does not have the testicular fortitude to do something like this

Advertisement
Advertisement
To a degree. But Van Belle's walks, the lack of awareness on the steal home, missing first base, a dropped third strike... These are things we presented to them and gave them a chance. They didn't make those plays.
Yes. That's not making the plays. Not executing. Same thing. Let's not forget that it's the coaching staff's fault for leaving VanBelle in ther to walk 4 batters in one inning. I don't agree with leaving pitchers in the game to see if they can work out a jam. It has backfired time after time, but they keep on rolling the dice.

Remember when McDonnell brought in his closer very early and that completely turned the tide of the game when Van Belle got left out there? That’s the difference in the game and the difference in coaching

Advertisement
Advertisement
Team is fundamentally unsound in pretty much every area. The fact that Canes are even ranked (well, probably won't be after getting swept) is a testament to the actual talent on the team. Fundamentals is 10000% coaching. DiMare is a decent recruiter, but he doesn't know how to build a coaching staff that can teach basic fundamentals like baserunning and fielding. Unfortunately he isn't going to get fired during the season, which a shame as I think hiring a coach who emphasizes the most basic things in baseball could turn this team into a contender.

This probably goes the full nine, although we’ve shown no evidence we’re going to score

Advertisement
Back