Louisville

Louisville kept chipping away while we did nothing to add to a 6-0 lead unlike yesterday when we kept answering everytime Louisville scored.

Advertisement
Advertisement
As fun as it’s been seeing this team win games and appear to get better the last couple weeks, today is closer to who we are. We are severely limited as it stands

Coach DiMare deserves an immense amount of criticism for the way he handled the pitching today. You simply cannot allow Van Belle to get into any kind of trouble once they got the lead.

Federman and Veliz hadn't been used all weekend and you let Van Belle stand out there and walk that many hitters is absolutely maddening.

The wild pitch tying run, not touching 1B on a leadoff double, missing a tag on a guy trying to straight steal home. Miami has pretty much self-inflicted wounds all over this game, but to allow Van Belle to get into that much trouble is inexcusable quite honestly when you consider the weather and how likely they would be to call the game if it were 6-1 or 6-2 in the 6th.

This is such stupid analysis and you got 5 people to "like" it.

They pulled Van Belle in the 5th inning (before they planned) ahead by 2 runs and Federman lost the lead.

So what exactly is your criticism, again?

Basically, nothing that you posted here makes a lick of sense (re: Van Belle) or actually happened (calling the game in the 6th inning).

Advertisement
Personally, I would make a change based on the way DiMare has exhibited a complete lack of ability to get the team to understand how to grind or win deciding games. This loss would be completely unacceptable to me as a leadership team within an athletic department.

I go back to letting Van Belle stand out there and lose the game in that situation. You cannot lose a game you led 6-0 without ever using your best pitcher. Cannot do it. That doesn't include the chances of the game ending early, the extra day off with Easter, the importance of the swing game, and the national statement it makes if you win the series at their place.

I pretty much need to log off because I feel like leaping out of my skin thinking about this game today.

It's funny that this sites' baseball "writer" rarely posts on the board and only shows up during a 1-run game when the Canes have a chance to win a road series against the first place team in the conference.

Oh and his contribution is to call for the head coach to be fired 2/3 into his first season with a team that's 14 in the RPI and full of freshmen and sophomores.

You should log off. You pretty much do that for 99% of the season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know we’re in the middle of the overreaction olympics, but this is definitely a top 25 team.

Advertisement
Back