Louisville

I don't see that rule for NCAA baseball. I don't find anything that says that. Look at my quote in this thread where I explain it.

LOL, you tried to say that Miami would win because it was after five innings. There is no level of baseball in which a game is final when the visiting team takes the lead and the home team doesn't get to bat.

Advertisement
I don't see that rule for NCAA baseball. I don't find anything that says that. Look at my quote in this thread where I explain it.

Doesnt really matter. The worst of the weather should be through by 11AM tomorrow. Probable light rain afterwards, but they can play through that, like they did today, since the field is turf.

Unfortunately for Jagr, Louisville will have to play this out

4. If a suspended game is unable to be completed because of inclement weather and has reached official game status (five
innings or more per NCAA Rule 5.6), it will be declared a game.

Advertisement
Doesnt really matter. The worst of the weather should be through by 11AM tomorrow. Probable light rain afterwards, but they can play through that, like they did today, since the field is turf.

Unfortunately for Jagr, Louisville will have to play this out
I was incorrect in my initial response that both games would be 7 innings. That only applies if the game never started and was rained out.

I read the rule again. This is a continuation game and both games will be scheduled for 9 innings. Although, with the weather I think game 2 may be the only game completed.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Man Louisville gave us this one with one of the worst pitching performances I’ve read about. We need to put them away for this game tomorrow and try to win the series. At the beginning of this series I was good with getting 1.
See Zamora still being Zamora.

This game and the following one will both be 7 inning games per NCAA rules. Louisville has 5 outs for game #2. Additionally, they went thru a lot of pitchers that i expect them to throw out some scrubs to finish game 2.

Nah. I'm not sure what your looking at but it only has to be 7 innings if both full games are being played on Sunday.

Miami and Louisville could also agree for game 2 to only go 7, but I highly doubt Louisville would do that.

Expect them to play out all 9 of game 2 tomorrow

This is also not true.
Nah. I'm not sure what your looking at but it only has to be 7 innings if both full games are being played on Sunday.

Miami and Louisville could also agree for game 2 to only go 7, but I highly doubt Louisville would do that.

Expect them to play out all 9 of game 2 tomorrow
I stand corrected. I read the rule again. This is a continuation game and both games will be scheduled for 9 innings.

Advertisement
Advertisement
LOL, you tried to say that Miami would win because it was after five innings. There is no level of baseball in which a game is final when the visiting team takes the lead and the home team doesn't get to bat.
You show me where it says the home team has to bat in a rain situation. Here's the rules:

Halted games on Saturday should be completed Sunday (9 innings) followed by a 9 inning game. If interrupted or rained out on Friday AND
Saturday games will be played under the NCAA halted game rule (Rule 58), unless the halted game exceeds the conference policy of no more than two games on Sunday.

In that case:
1. In the halted game, if one team is ahead after five (5) * innings (NCAA Rule 5-7 Regulation Game), the game shall
be a complete game and a winner declared. Two seven (7) inning games shall be played on Sunday.
* 4 1/2 innings if the home team is leading.
2. In the halted game, if less than five (5) innings have been completed, the first game Sunday would be a completion of
the halted games and would be a nine (9) inning game as originally scheduled. The second game Sunday would be a
nine (9) inning contest. The third game would be canceled and deemed a rainout.
3. In the halted game, if more than five (5) innings have been played, but the score is tied, the contest will be ruled a tie
and go on each team's record as such. Two seven (7) inning games shall be played on Sunday.
4. In halted games, umpires are responsible for determining if games will be played on next day (not the host
institutio

If we do not complete the 6th inning, they do not count the win. We need to complete the 6th inning. They will never finish game 3. At best, we get to play 5 innings between noon and 2PM tomorrow. They have zero pitchers left so the weather is a real shame. That is why Louisville used 6 pitchers today.

Advertisement
Back